Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I have Rhapsody Ta booked for Nov. '19.

Jewel back to Rome in April 2020 would be a good idea

Yeah we’ve currently got Rhapsody booked, not 100% as bit later than usual for us. Would be interested in b2b through Suez and then Dubai sailing depending on prices. Haven’t even thought about 2020 yet [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah we’ve currently got Rhapsody booked, not 100% as bit later than usual for us. Would be interested in b2b through Suez and then Dubai sailing depending on prices. Haven’t even thought about 2020 yet [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds like a good plan as well. Prices will determine which is best.

Maybe Spectrum Eastbound would be good

SC may be adding longer cruises in Asia ;) which is why it is taking so long to release the itineraries. They need to attart more international guests that don't want to fly over for 3,4 or 5 night cruises. Also, RCCL doesn't want to take away from the launch of SY quite yet is my thinking. FWIW

Hope you are right about this. We are interested in taking another Asia cruise but it is slim pickings for a longer itinerary and pretty much what we’ve already done.

SC may be adding longer cruises in Asia ;) which is why it is taking so long to release the itineraries. They need to attart more international guests that don't want to fly over for 3,4 or 5 night cruises. Also, RCCL doesn't want to take away from the launch of SY quite yet is my thinking. FWIW

Asians prefer shorter cruises and book at shorter notice.

Quantum not on sale yet for January 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize at all. However it seems that especially lately the sarcasm on Cruise Critic is getting out of control...very sad indeed.

Pretty much heading the way of other social media. Been on cruisecritic 8 years and unfortunately it’s becoming less friendly on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There has been a lot of activity for RCI and their model for China.

RCI has scrapped the joint venture with Chinese CTRIP and are closing down SkySea cruises and sending that ship to TUI to now join the 2 other former Celebrity sister ships at Marella. The ship will be the first marketed as an 'adult only' ship by Marella.

CTRIP will continue to charter most of RCL's Chinese sailings. Michael Bayley was speaking on the Asian market with the focus on changing distribution channels for cruises just this past week.

The recent Korean travel ban by China has added a bit of complexity to itinerary planning.

The notations in the Gibraltar, April 19th booking for Spectrum of the Seas would seem to indicate it is a fuel stop and may be traveling without passengers.

The ship is scheduled for June arrival in China though and will have one dining room with grand staircase according to SeaTrade.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/dining-will-be-different-on-first-quantum-ultra-ship-china-s-spectrum-of-the-seas.html

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/michael-bayley-on-china-issues-asia-distribution-and-if-region-s-ripe-for-an-oasis-ship.html

RCI has scrapped the joint venture with Chinese CTRIP and are closing down SkySea cruises and sending that ship to TUI to now join the 2 other former Celebrity sister ships at Marella. The ship will be the first marketed as an 'adult only' ship by Marella.

CTRIP will continue to charter most of RCL's Chinese sailings. Michael Bayley was speaking on the Asian market with the focus on changing distribution channels for cruises just this past week.

The recent Korean travel ban by China has added a bit of complexity to itinerary planning.

The notations in the Gibraltar, April 19th booking for Spectrum of the Seas would seem to indicate it is a fuel stop and may be traveling without passengers.

The ship is scheduled for June arrival in China though and will have one dining room with grand staircase according to SeaTrade.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/dining-will-be-different-on-first-quantum-ultra-ship-china-s-spectrum-of-the-seas.html

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/michael-bayley-on-china-issues-asia-distribution-and-if-region-s-ripe-for-an-oasis-ship.html

Thanks for info

Changes in China

That's what have been saying for weeks..... No revenue sailings outside of Asia... :loudcry::eek:

That will be a big disappointment if it happens. It will be like Norwegian Joy.

But I seriously doubt they won't as Quantum & Ovation did carried passengers all the way. However, seeing this as a brand new class and ship, they probably will want to iron out stuff before the ship gets to China.

A thousand pardons.

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize at all. However it seems that especially lately the sarcasm on Cruise Critic is getting out of control...very sad indeed.

Pretty much heading the way of other social media. Been on cruisecritic 8 years and unfortunately it’s becoming less friendly on occasion.

I agree! No need for you to apologize TG! CC used to be such a fun place! People shared ideas, experience, information, etc. I have learned so much from different people on these boards over the years! Who cares if info is "repeated" and "not new"?!?!?! It is nice that we all have the common interest of cruising and have a place to "meet" 24/7! I spend about 5% of the time on CC that I did in previous years! The threads have just gotten too snarky! There are some "continuous" threads that I have "left" simply because folks are too snarky or think it is all about them. I miss the days when I could log on here and find my friends and enjoy a nice "cruise conversation".

I agree! No need for you to apologize TG! CC used to be such a fun place! People shared ideas, experience, information, etc. I have learned so much from different people on these boards over the years! Who cares if info is "repeated" and "not new"?!?!?! It is nice that we all have the common interest of cruising and have a place to "meet" 24/7! I spend about 5% of the time on CC that I did in previous years! The threads have just gotten too snarky! There are some "continuous" threads that I have "left" simply because folks are too snarky or think it is all about them. I miss the days when I could log on here and find my friends and enjoy a nice "cruise conversation".
Yep - the friendliness quotient is less evident lately and I find myself skimming over more posts than in the past - for sure the demeaning ones. I don't really understand why it's developed that way.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

May I please ask what made you think it's perhaps a 'fuel stop" only, maybe no pax onboard. According to the port schedule she is there from 0800/1700hrs....bit long for a pit stop......we had one of those with P.O Arcadia - 4 hrs... we saw what we needed to see ..... ships tour.... took no chances :D

I believe Ovation of the Sea's Global Odyssey repo to Asia called there early May 2016 with a boat load of pax.....fingers crossed they do same with Spectrum.

There are no other port bookings for Spectrum at all... another indicator for a non-revenue transition:eek::loudcry:

I think if Royal becomes confident that the ship will be ready to run with passengers, they will quickly organise repo cruises. They may not have that confidence from the shipbuilder yet, and may not get it at all.

After previous debacles with new ships not being fully completed on time, I can understand why they are holding back.

I think if Royal becomes confident that the ship will be ready to run with passengers, they will quickly organise repo cruises. They may not have that confidence from the shipbuilder yet, and may not get it at all.

After previous debacles with new ships not being fully completed on time, I can understand why they are holding back.

Not true - the debacle was with SXF on Harmony and NOT with Meyer (maybe thats why Meyer is also doing all future classes and builds other than Oasis)

Meyer finished Norwegian Joy on her way to Asia and I stongly belief that is the plan with Spectrum too - that way they can use the low yield repo to finish up....was most likely build into th planning from the beginning - as Spectum was not marketed AT ALL in any way - outside of Asia!