Barbados Cruise Port Transfer

CBoy04

Hello everyone,

Hope your respective Februarys is each off to a good start.

While I've been to Barbados as port of call several times, I've never flown in and transferred to the cruise terminal from the airport. What do you recommend as the best way to get there? It seems that there are three options (pretty much the same as most other ports): book a transfer through Seabourn, book a transfer through some local company, or grab a cab at the airport.

Would appreciate your guidance and recommendations. Many thanks!

Taxis - as long as they are identified using the official taxi dispatcher - are almost all good in Barbados.

Immigration can be a pain, especially if you arrive mid afternoon. Be prepared for a long wait. An AA, a Canadian, a large BA and a Virgin all arrive within a short time of each other and the staffing level is not enough to cope.

One tip. If you hire one of the porters in the baggage hall, they know how to get around the lines that can grow at Customs, so can save you time and hassle. When we passed through in November, our porter also made sure the despatcher linked us to a really good driver.

it really can be a nightmare if you are on the last of three consequetive flight arrivals. Altho it costs you can arrange a private clearance thru Viator - and I was glad I did last time.

• 1 month later...
How hard is it to find a prearranged taxi at the airport? What should it cost to get to the cruise terminal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also how hard is it to get a taxi that isn’t pre-arranged and cost to Hilton just outside Bridgetown? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Viator to get thru Barbados airport. We were at the Hilton 30 minutes after landing bypassing 3 planes worth of passengers. The ride from the Hilton the next day to the cruise terminal cost us in neighborhood of 45 Barbados dollars. Be aware that the Hilton has a hospitality room that you can take a quick shower if you want to stay past check out time.

Just got home from Barbados. We just got a cab at the airport. When you come out of the building, there are clearly uniformed taxi dispatchers who will quote you the fair in both US and Barbados dollars and give you a receipt with the fare written on it. There are the normal touts who try and solicit you, but finding the official and the licensed taxi queue was very easy. I wouldn't bother to book in advance. You won't save any money or time.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree, no need either way to book transfers, easy to get a taxi, our prepaid return car service actually had difficulty getting into the area where we were waiting. Would have been on our way sooner had we gotten a taxi and not prebooked. Live and learn. Also immigration and Customs were empty upon arrival in Barbados , for us , the Viator Fast Express immigration package was a total waste!

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing a 14-day Barbados cruise next Jan/Feb. Where to stay in Barbados before the cruise (we are traveling from NE USA & I am nervous about cutting travel too close in event of snowstorms...& so am thinking we fly out of NYC 2 days before cruise embarkation)? We have Hilton points & like to use them when it's right but we're flexible.

ALSO - can you make recommendations about what to see/do on this cruise? Where did you have caviar in the surf (& was it twice in a 14-night cruise?)?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

Our caviar in the surf was cancelled due to rough waters and was replaced with the Galley Market Buffet Lunch... we were on a one week cruise.