Suggestions for small ship cruise in the Americas?

JamminJan

My mother is 89 years old and no longer can handle the larger ships, plus she enjoys the intimacy of the passengers on a smaller ship because she doesn't get off the ship when in port. I promised her a cruise this year, but I need a small ship (under 1000 passengers), can only do up to 7-10 day cruise and of course it must be handicap accessible. We've already done the Alaska trip and would prefer getting her to sunny beaches in the Caribbean or perhaps a fall trip along the eastern coast.

Anyone have a suggestion for ships/cruises that I can look for?

Oceania has small ships, the Nautica, Regatta, and Insignia, all about 650 passengers. We enjoy the great service and excellent food. Not many, if any, children, and an older crowd. You won't have the big broadway shows, but they usually have interesting speakers and musical quartets, after noon teas, no formal nights, and no extra charge for specialty restaurants. Their ships can get into some of the smaller ports where the large ones have to by pass. Not sure how many rooms set up for those for disabilities, but know they do have some, as we stayed in one. Hope this helps. Nicole

Oceania has small ships, the Nautica, Regatta, and Insignia, all about 650 passengers. We enjoy the great service and excellent food. Not many, if any, children, and an older crowd. You won't have the big broadway shows, but they usually have interesting speakers and musical quartets, after noon teas, no formal nights, and no extra charge for specialty restaurants. Their ships can get into some of the smaller ports where the large ones have to by pass. Not sure how many rooms set up for those for disabilities, but know they do have some, as we stayed in one. Hope this helps. Nicole

Plus 1

Sent from my iPhone using Forums