Alcohol Allowance

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:48 AM.
8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by marylizcat
You are allowed one bottle each, so two for a couple will be fine. However the local beers will probably not be allowed. The mixers should be ok.
Thanks, do you know when this comes into affect?
England
1,258 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by Nels5320
Thanks, do you know when this comes into affect?
It is already in effect, because that is what it now specifies on the P&O website, under 'faqs'.
1,017 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
It is already in effect, because that is what it now specifies on the P&O website, under 'faqs'.
Incorrect - the new policy comes into force on Feb 1st. Many pax were embarking today in Southampton with amounts in excess of 1litre with no problems.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app
England
1,258 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by wowzz
Incorrect - the new policy comes into force on Feb 1st. Many pax were embarking today in Southampton with amounts in excess of 1litre with no problems.

Odd, since the website states it is the rule now! But typical confusion! Where did you get your Feb date from then?
Batehaven, Australia
10,084 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Odd, since the website states it is the rule now! But typical confusion! Where did you get your Feb date from then?
There is a 'code of conduct' date of 1 February 2018 on P&O Website. But reading that, it appears to address dress codes, no alcohol. Alcohol policy to me appears to be in force now. It will be interesting to see if it is enforced.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
2,806 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I have not read it..cant be bothered but from the 1000+ post on one thread on FB clothing is 1.1.18 and drink is 1.2.18.
I think we apply common sense here..as some of the fb post were very silly. Christmas jumpers are not banned. Sensible T shirts are not banned. What they are dong is setting it out so if the have hen/stag groups wearing offensive clothing , and from some posts what others have seen, are very offensive, they can refer to the t and C and say please change.
The drinks have been done to the death. Spirits I think 1ltr to board and any top ups are via room service is quite reasonable. The problem maybe with wine and Iltr of wine, would probably not last 2 weeks and bottles of wine would be more expensive to buy.
No problems yesterday as someone posted a pix with 4 bottles of wine and a wine box and a bottle of spirit..not sure how long the cruise was..hopefully longer than 2 days!!
8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by the english lady
I have not read it..cant be bothered but from the 1000+ post on one thread on FB clothing is 1.1.18 and drink is 1.2.18.
I think we apply common sense here..as some of the fb post were very silly. Christmas jumpers are not banned. Sensible T shirts are not banned. What they are dong is setting it out so if the have hen/stag groups wearing offensive clothing , and from some posts what others have seen, are very offensive, they can refer to the t and C and say please change.
The drinks have been done to the death. Spirits I think 1ltr to board and any top ups are via room service is quite reasonable. The problem maybe with wine and Iltr of wine, would probably not last 2 weeks and bottles of wine would be more expensive to buy.
No problems yesterday as someone posted a pix with 4 bottles of wine and a wine box and a bottle of spirit..not sure how long the cruise was..hopefully longer than 2 days!!
Thanks, can you advise which FB group it is being discussed on? The official P&O Page?
1,017 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by Nels5320
Thanks, can you advise which FB group it is being discussed on? The official P&O Page?
Here it is, so we can all take lots if wine on board until February !

hampshire england
1,456 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We have had the date of February 1st for the new alcohol rules confirmed by P&O. Our TA sent a letter saying P&O wished to inform us about the date for the new rules on dress - January 1st - and the new rules on alcohol - February 1st. It goes on to say about being allowed to take a one litre bottle of alcohol on board after February 1st and that passengers will not be allowed to bring on alcohol from ports along the way. Our cruise departs at the beginning of January so we won't be affected by the alcohol rules other than that we won't be able to bring on any extra after 1st February. We will of course be able to buy alcohol on board from bars and restaurants.
I thought that maybe the date of February 1st was chosen because it then excludes both Arcadia's World Cruise and Aurora's 65 night circumnavigation of South America. Maybe P&O thought it was a step too far to tell World Cruisers that unlike all previous years they could only bring one litre of alcohol on board - just a thought.