Back from our first cruise on the QE- we loved it !!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:56 AM.
Staffordshire
1,973 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by bluemarble
Thanks for the update. One thing to scratch from the QE 2018 refit schedule then. As some of you may recall, I started a thread a couple months ago to discuss QE's 2018 refit just in case anyone had heard anything about what might be planned for that refit. We now know supplying the staterooms with kettles won't be part of that effort then (not that it really needed to be done during a refit anyway).

Regards, John
We also had a coffee machine fitted in our suite on the day we were in Madeira and they were doing a rolling day by day fitting them during the cruise.
Overlooking the Straights of Dover
149 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Thanks for the update. One thing to scratch from the QE 2018 refit schedule then. As some of you may recall, I started a thread a couple months ago to discuss QE's 2018 refit just in case anyone had heard anything about what might be planned for that refit. We now know supplying the staterooms with kettles won't be part of that effort then (not that it really needed to be done during a refit anyway).
Some quite significant but invisible stuff happens outside of refits, e.g. a friend has spent most of this year installing a new computer system across Carnival UK's ships which has involved spending days or the occasional week at sea, including a TA on QM2. Much to the annoyance of his wife: although he's had passenger status he's only ever been guaranteed a crew/staff cabin so she hasn't been able to join him on the cheap, despite his getting a passenger cabin every time he's been aboard.
midwest
973 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Ray66

We've always been given a full bottle (Britannia balcony)
Inside cabins get a full bottle, too, if occupants are repeat customers.
Nottngham, UK.
854 Posts
Joined Jul 2013

Regards, John
Do we know when the refit is happening? We're sailing 1st October, and wondering if that's before or after the refit!
Iowa
1,322 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by Wiltonian
Do we know when the refit is happening? We're sailing 1st October, and wondering if that's before or after the refit!
There is a break in QE's 2018 schedule between November 14 and November 30, 2018. That appears to me to be when Cunard is probably planning for QE's upcoming 2018 refit to occur.

Regards, John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)

Nottngham, UK.
854 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
There is a break in QE's 2018 schedule between November 14 and November 30, 2018. That appears to me to be when Cunard is probably planning for QE's upcoming 2018 refit to occur.

Regards, John
Thanks! After our first Cunard cruise, then.
Iowa
1,322 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by Wiltonian
Thanks! After our first Cunard cruise, then.
Yes, it looks like QE's 2018 refit will be after your October cruise. I just realized QE will be heading for her refit exactly one year from today if I have that schedule figured correctly.

Regards, John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)

north yorkshire
246 Posts
Joined May 2010
Yes, it looks like QE's 2018 refit will be after your October cruise. I just realized QE will be heading for her refit exactly one year from today if I have that schedule figured correctly.

Regards, John
We came off qe on the 7th Nov and rebooked for next year 1st November 18 we were told refit would happen after that sailing
USA
44 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Hopefully Cunard will lessen QE's House of Brown Decor during her refit... among her myriad charms, the relentless brown-beige monotony is not among them. QUEEN VICTORIA looks ever so much better with a bit more color and style added.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FRANCE-RAFFAELLO-LEONARDO DA VINCI-STEFAN BATORY-QUEEN ELIZABETH 2-CANBERRA-UGANDA-GUGLIELMO MARCONI-EUROPA-CENTAUR-VISTAFJORD-BALTIKA-ORIANA-ACHILLE LAURO-OCEANIC-BRITANIS-AKDENIZ-ROTTERDAM-ST. HELENA-EUGENIO C.-BLACK PRINCE-BLACK WATCH-R7-PILGRIM BELLE-REGAL EMPRESS-VICTORIA-REGATTA-MAASDAM-CARONIA-QUEEN MARY 2-EURODAM-NIEUW AMSTERDAM-MARINA-RIVIERA-QUEEN ELIZABETH