Shareholder benefit continues unchanged

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:52 PM.
595 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by linanles
That's the difference between Princess Australia and Princess US.
When I applied for our last cruise I was told I would have to do it through my TA as it would affect my "financials", what ever that meant. I think when the person dealing with it realised they were wrong they got the sh...ts and gave me $99.99 OBC.

I think regular cruises are better informed than Princess Australia staff.
The $99.99 has come up a couple of times for us as well, it is a result of the crap IT systems they have and how it deals with the US - AU conversions similar to the webpage. Frustrates the hell out of our PCP when we talk to her but makes us laugh when we get $99.99 for one and $100.01 for the other
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email us
League City, TX
40,113 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by tbird2252

Elda told me that it was a Carnival policy that they would not accept email with attached shareholder files. Reason was security. That statement was difficult to digest and since all account numbers are required to be blacked out I cannot understand why the company will not accept email attachment. For a company that prides itself on customer service. The above is no excuse IMHO!!!
I do not think it was for the security of your information.

I think it is to eliminate the possibility that the e-mail and/or the attachment has a computer virus or worse attached to it. Thus, it is to protect their computer systems.
595 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by caribill
I do not think it was for the security of your information.

I think it is to eliminate the possibility that the e-mail and/or the attachment has a computer virus or worse attached to it. Thus, it is to protect their computer systems.
Sorry but to use the excuse of protecting their computer systems is a poor excuse, this is the 21st century and email is a standard form of business. If you are not effectively protecting you business IT system to allow your customers to send email attachments then you are not operating in the 21st century. If this is the case I would be more concerned about the security of the information they hold on you the customer because it would most certainly not be secure if they can't even secure their own email service.......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email us
Winter: Sun City Grand Surprise , AZ & Summer: Prescott, AZ
2,969 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
When we bought our stock it was $24.50, and we’ve gotten the OBC many times, we have two cruises coming up soon so will get another $500 plus the stock has more than doubled! Only wish I had bought 1000 shares, we are Elite with Princess and our next two cruises are in Penthouse Suites. Just wish Princess would do away with formal nights as many lines have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,990 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by goldenrod
When we bought our stock it was $24.50, and we’ve gotten the OBC many times, we have two cruises coming up soon so will get another $500 plus the stock has more than doubled! Only wish I had bought 1000 shares, we are Elite with Princess and our next two cruises are in Penthouse Suites. Just wish Princess would do away with formal nights as many lines have.

Isn't hind sight great !
My wife pulls that one on me all the time.
Princess seems to be holding on to the formal routine to make it seem a notch above the other lines when in reality, it's not really enforcing the dress code to any great degree.
It probably increases photo & wine sales tremendously.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
Indiana
1,868 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Our dividends are reinvested to purchase more shares, but not fractional. Anyone that reinvests and purchases fractional shares care to share their thoughts on that and who they use as a broker? Thanks

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers to sunny skies and smooth seas ~ Lynn & Tom

Upcoming cruises:

Ruby Princess, March 10, 2018 California Coastal
Royal Princess, Nov. 9, 2018 S. Caribbean

Past cruises:

Regal Princess Feb. 12 W. Caribbean
Regal Princess Feb. 19, 2017 E. Caribbean
Crown Princess May 21st 2016, Return to Alaska!
Crown Princess May 20, 2016, Vancouver to Seattle
Emerald Princess, Feb. 6, 2016, W. Caribbean
Regal Princess Nov. 8th 2015, Reunion Cruise!
Caribbean Princess Jan. 2015, Car. w/Grand Cayman
Regal Princess Nov. 2014, E. Caribbean
Ruby Princess Feb. 2014, Car. w/Grand Turk
RCCI Navigator of the Seas Nov. 2010, W. Caribbean
RCCI Majesty of the Seas Dec. 2007, Christmas cruise
CCL: Carnival Spirit June 2002, Alaska
CCL: Carnival Triumph Aug. 1998, NY to Halifax
Winter: Sun City Grand Surprise , AZ & Summer: Prescott, AZ
2,969 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by floridalover5623
Isn't hind sight great !

My wife pulls that one on me all the time.

Princess seems to be holding on to the formal routine to make it seem a notch above the other lines when in reality, it's not really enforcing the dress code to any great degree.

It probably increases photo & wine sales tremendously.

Well even Regent which is a all suite all inclusive luxury line, and used to be very formal has done away with formal nights.

sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,990 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by goldenrod
Well even Regent which is a all suite all inclusive luxury line, and used to be very formal has done away with formal nights.

Oh, I really believe it will change some day. They can't remain the only mass market cruise line around noted for being formal when all the others offer it as an optional evening in the DR.
You can definitely see more & more people dressing down on formal nights in the DR.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
Queensland, AU
586 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
For those Aussie Carnival Shareholders watching this thread I've just received an email from Princess Australia confirming that the 90 day conditions still apply in Australia.

This is their reply;

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises.

Ther US process may differ from our own process.
For us to be able to add the shareholder benefit, the below applied:
Proof of ownership (photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, dividend tax voucher, or a current brokerage statement or nominee statement) must be provided within 90 days (3months) of embarkation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda & Lester

Pacific Dawn, November 2011
Oosterdam, March 2013
Carnival Legend, October 2014
Rhapsody of the Seas, December 2014
Sea Princess, November 2015
Pacific Pearl, April 2016
Diamond Princess, November 2016
Sun Princess, August 2017
Golden Princess, January 2018
Montana
279 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
I submitted my fax on Friday evening and my shareholder benefit was in my account on Monday. We are cruising in Feb. love Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Has anyone sold their stock after getting benefit in Princess account and before cruise? Anyway, to all that are asking or questioning getting the credit. I purchased 100 shares in my Rollover IRA account on Nov 10, 2017 when earnings came out and the stock went down a couple of dollars. Sent in screen shot of account showing the stock and was denied because no name on the screen shot. Then their fax system was down for 4 days. (make sure you call after you fax and they will look up to see if they received it). I faxed it 4 times and they did not receive because of their fax system problems on their end. I waited to get a trade confirmation of the buy and printed that out. It shows my name, address, and purchase. Crossed out the account numbers, buy price, sell price and pretty much everything on the statement but name and CCL 100 shares bought. Finally faxed it in the morning and my credit is now in my Princess account a couple of hours later. Now to decide if I should sell and take the small profit (it is back up again!), wait for the ex-dividend on Nov 24, sell by end of year, or wait for my cruise early next year.
Indiana
1,868 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
[quote=kms5555;54552653]Has anyone sold their stock after getting benefit in Princess account and before cruise? Anyway, to all that are asking or questioning getting the credit. I purchased 100 shares in my Rollover IRA account on Nov 10, 2017 when earnings came out and the stock went down a couple of dollars. Sent in screen shot of account showing the stock and was denied because no name on the screen shot. Then their fax system was down for 4 days. (make sure you call after you fax and they will look up to see if they received it). I faxed it 4 times and they did not receive because of their fax system problems on their end. I waited to get a trade confirmation of the buy and printed that out. It shows my name, address, and purchase. Crossed out the account numbers, buy price, sell price and pretty much everything on the statement but name and CCL 100 shares bought. Finally faxed it in the morning and my credit is now in my Princess account a couple of hours later. Now to decide if I should sell and take the small profit (it is back up again!), wait for the ex-dividend on Nov 24, sell by end of year, or wait for my cruise early next year.[/quote

Can't answer your question about selling the stock after the benefit posts to your account but before your cruise. Has it ever been done? I'm sure it has. In my opinion it violates the spirit of the program - you're given the stockholder OBC based on the premise that you in fact are a stockholder at the time of your cruise. Not trying to be the moral police.....just my opinion. In terms of when/if to sell, most people buy and keep the stock long term, not a day trade type thing. Since its performing well, why not keep it? Unless you don't plan to cruise any CCL line it would seem to make sense to hang onto it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers to sunny skies and smooth seas ~ Lynn & Tom

Upcoming cruises:

Ruby Princess, March 10, 2018 California Coastal
Royal Princess, Nov. 9, 2018 S. Caribbean

Past cruises:

Regal Princess Feb. 12 W. Caribbean
Regal Princess Feb. 19, 2017 E. Caribbean
Crown Princess May 21st 2016, Return to Alaska!
Crown Princess May 20, 2016, Vancouver to Seattle
Emerald Princess, Feb. 6, 2016, W. Caribbean
Regal Princess Nov. 8th 2015, Reunion Cruise!
Caribbean Princess Jan. 2015, Car. w/Grand Cayman
Regal Princess Nov. 2014, E. Caribbean
Ruby Princess Feb. 2014, Car. w/Grand Turk
RCCI Navigator of the Seas Nov. 2010, W. Caribbean
RCCI Majesty of the Seas Dec. 2007, Christmas cruise
CCL: Carnival Spirit June 2002, Alaska
CCL: Carnival Triumph Aug. 1998, NY to Halifax
WA state
2,954 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by kms5555
Has anyone sold their stock after getting benefit in Princess account and before cruise? Anyway, to all that are asking or questioning getting the credit. I purchased 100 shares in my Rollover IRA account on Nov 10, 2017 when earnings came out and the stock went down a couple of dollars. Sent in screen shot of account showing the stock and was denied because no name on the screen shot. Then their fax system was down for 4 days. (make sure you call after you fax and they will look up to see if they received it). I faxed it 4 times and they did not receive because of their fax system problems on their end. I waited to get a trade confirmation of the buy and printed that out. It shows my name, address, and purchase. Crossed out the account numbers, buy price, sell price and pretty much everything on the statement but name and CCL 100 shares bought. Finally faxed it in the morning and my credit is now in my Princess account a couple of hours later. Now to decide if I should sell and take the small profit (it is back up again!), wait for the ex-dividend on Nov 24, sell by end of year, or wait for my cruise early next year.
I agree with what cruiseintoheaven said in his post. If it's like most places where you buy stock, you're going to have to pay a broker's fee when you purchase stock so why spend extra money buying/selling/buying/selling/ etc. before every cruise? Of course if you don't plan to cruise any more that's not a factor but again, the stock is rising o why not stay with a horse that's running well? In the 2 years I've owned my 100 shares, I've made over $260 on dividends, $550 on OBC and have $200 more on OBC scheduled. Not bad for an investment of less than $5000! 20% return on an investment in 2 year not counting a 40% increase in value of the stock. Heck, I wish all my investments would do that well! I'd recommend you keep the stock and reinvest the dividends! But, your desires may differ! In any event, good luck!

Tom