Shareholder benefit continues unchanged

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:45 PM.
Long Beach, CA
395 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by suzyed
Agree! If you got any kind of discount when you booked, they won't allow the stock holder benefit with RCL.

Carnival was around $29 when I bought it and it's well above that now! And the obc is great!

The dividend every quarter is just the icing on the cake!

I am a RCCL stockholder and the same discount currently is in place with them. You can go to the investor relations site to get the for,.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Chico, California
9,558 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
CCL was at $37.05 when we bought. I just checked and it's currently at $68.03. Pretty nice increase and, as others have noted, the dividends are a better return than anything else I have. CD interest rates certainly can't compare.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

595 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
From the shareholder request form.....
Statement should be dated no more than 3 months/90 days prior to the cruise.

C/O Princess Cruise Booking Support Department
24305 Town Center Drive Suite 200
Santa Clarita, California 91355
USA
FAX 661-753-0180
Just a quick note, the requirement for the 90 days has been removed from the current Shareholder request form. It does require a current brokerage statement but there is no longer a time limit imposed other than what is outlined here http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix....l-sharebenefit
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email us
Queensland, AU
586 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by Womble99
Just a quick note, the requirement for the 90 days has been removed from the current Shareholder request form. It does require a current brokerage statement but there is no longer a time limit imposed other than what is outlined here http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix....l-sharebenefit
The 90 day limit doesn't show in this document but it does still appear on the request form.
I thought I'd try early and sent my request on 8th October. No reply by today so I phoned them and was told the 90 days still applies then I received a reply to my email which included this statement.

Thank you for forwarding your, brokerage statement. Unfortunately at this time it is too early to be applying the benefits to the booking. Please note a current brokerage statement should be no older than 3 months old from the day of sailing. As your cruise is not sailing until the 25th January 2018 we would require a new shareholder statement which is dated on or after the 25th October 2017.

My next statement will be issued on 1st January 2018 so it will be cutting it fine for a 25th January sailing when it takes 11 days to get a response to my application.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda & Lester

Pacific Dawn, November 2011
Oosterdam, March 2013
Carnival Legend, October 2014
Rhapsody of the Seas, December 2014
Sea Princess, November 2015
Pacific Pearl, April 2016
Diamond Princess, November 2016
Sun Princess, August 2017
Golden Princess, January 2018
595 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by linanles
The 90 day limit doesn't show in this document but it does still appear on the request form.
I thought I'd try early and sent my request on 8th October. No reply by today so I phoned them and was told the 90 days still applies then I received a reply to my email which included this statement.

Which form are you using? The 2017 form has no mention of the 90 days to reflect the alteration made on the Carnival shareholders page. The 2016 form and those previous had the requirement. Try again with the current form, like a lot of things if you call again you will likely get a different answer......

I have attached the 2016 and 2017 forms to this post for you if you haven't got the current version.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ShareholderRequestForm_05_2017[26220].pdf (125.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf (61.7 KB, 15 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
email us
Queensland, AU
586 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by Womble99
Which form are you using? The 2017 form has no mention of the 90 days to reflect the alteration made on the Carnival shareholders page
Thanks for that information and the links. In Australia we don't fax the form or proof we just email the details and an electronic copy of the proof to [email protected].
I know it's not a Defence Benefit but that is the email address they say to use. I guess the same people handle both.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda & Lester

Oosterdam, March 2013
Raleigh, N.C.
12,181 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
My next statement will be issued on 1st January 2018 so it will be cutting it fine for a 25th January sailing when it takes 11 days to get a response to my application.
Why does it take 11 days? My credit showed up on the Cruise Personalizer the day after I faxed in my request this week.
Southern USA
87 Posts
Joined May 2010
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/bf7a2ac3...quarterly.html
Dividend increased 11%
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Millennium Alaska 2014
Island Princess Panama Canal RT 2013
Crown Princess Caribbean 2013
Island Princess Trans Canal 2010
Caribbean Princess Caribbean 2007
Crown Princess Canada New England 2007
Grand Princess Caribbean 2006
Sun Princess Caribbean 2003
Dawn Princess Caribbean 2003
Crown Princess Panama Canal RT 2000
Crown Princess Alaska 1998
USS General Mitchell Korea to USA 1958
Louisiana
319 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

Thank you for forwarding your, brokerage statement. Unfortunately at this time it is too early to be applying the benefits to the booking. Please note a current brokerage statement should be no older than 3 months old from the day of sailing. As your cruise is not sailing until the 25th January 2018 we would require a new shareholder statement which is dated on or after the 25th October 2017.

Wow, could they make it that much harder for Aussies? That's ridiculous!
I'm in the U.S., but used FaxZero to send my form, etc., in a few weeks ago for a March 30, 2018 sailing. It was sent in over a weekend, but my OBC was posted to my account by noon on Monday.
Seems they are creating an unnecessary hassle for you. Good luck.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
kathyberwin at yahoo dot com
Palm City, Fl
4,156 Posts
Joined Dec 2002

I would tactfully write back and explain to them that there are no time requirements on the official shareholder benefit instruction sheet from CarnivalCorp.com.

This is a nice change and is reflected in posts on HAL and Princess that submittals made to the US address are posted very quickly regardless of sail date.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)

HAL Zuiderdam 2018 (Partial Canal)
HAL Maasdam 2018 (Tahiti)
Wisconsin
1,518 Posts
Joined Aug 2007

Even using "snail mail" it takes less than a week here in the US for me to see it in my personalizer. Also is there a way that you can get a monthly statement or current report on the investment? You should not have to wait for an annual report.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Caribbean Princess 12/08, 08/10, 10/13, 01/14
Carnival Conquest 10/04
Carnival Dream 10/12
Carnival Glory 10/05
Carnival Spirit 11/09
Crown Princess 09/15, 03/17
Emerald Princess 04/11, 10/18
Golden Princess 10/07, 04/13
Grand Princess 11/17
Island Princess 08/11, 02/12
Regal Princess 02/16

Royal Princess 11/14
,11/16
Queensland, AU
586 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by geoherb
Why does it take 11 days? My credit showed up on the Cruise Personalizer the day after I faxed in my request this week.
That's the difference between Princess Australia and Princess US.
When I applied for our last cruise I was told I would have to do it through my TA as it would affect my "financials", what ever that meant. I think when the person dealing with it realised they were wrong they got the sh...ts and gave me $99.99 OBC.

I think regular cruises are better informed than Princess Australia staff.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda & Lester

Oosterdam, March 2013
Queensland, AU
586 Posts
Joined Nov 2012
Originally posted by thinfool
I would tactfully write back and explain to them that there are no time requirements on the official shareholder benefit instruction sheet from CarnivalCorp.com.
I have emailed them the two latest documents. I wonder how long it will take to get a reply.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda & Lester

Oosterdam, March 2013
San Antonio spaceship earth
7,376 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
I have emailed them the two latest documents. I wonder how long it will take to get a reply.
You will not get a reply so keep checking your cruise personalizer where it shows your OBC. I have moved mostly to snail mail and Princess will add it to my cruise usually within a week or so. It all depends on where you live and how long the letter takes to get to Princess and if it arrives during the normal work week or not. They only update your account during normal business hours.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL: Rhapsody, 2003; Voyageur, 2008, 2009; Adventure, 2008; Navigator 2013; Mariner 2010, 2011
Holland America: Veendam, 2006
Princess: Grand 2005, 2006; Ruby 2010, 2017; Island 2011, 2013; Emerald 2012, 2015, 2018, 2019; Golden 2012, 2014, 2015; Crown 2013, 2017; Caribbean 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018; Royal 2014; Star 2014; Regal 2016
Carnival: Elation 2005; Magic 2012, 2015; Breeze 2017, 2018; Vista 2019

castigat ridendo mores
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts - Mark Twain
Crozet, VA, USA
249 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by satxdiver
You will not get a reply so keep checking your cruise personalizer where it shows your OBC. I have moved mostly to snail mail and Princess will add it to my cruise usually within a week or so. It all depends on where you live and how long the letter takes to get to Princess and if it arrives during the normal work week or not. They only update your account during normal business hours.
Faxed in my completed stock form yesterday; credit showed up today - 93 days before our cruise!
46 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I faxed mine late last night, followed up with a phone call today and immediately had it posted to my cruise which is only 7 days away, so thankfully the requirement that it be sent in no later than 14 days prior to the cruise didn't apply.
Mount Pleasant SC & Jefferson NC
11 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
I faxed mine in two days ago and re-faxed yesterday and today 10/20/17 for the 11/13 SFO-Hi. Grand Princess...I also called and spoke with a CSR named Elda who said their fax went down on 10/19/17 early PM PST...I inquired as to my status and of course she had no record of receiving. I used FaxZero the first two fax attempts and both were sent and received according to FaxZero. I faxed again today at a local office supply store. She said she has no idea if faxes sent yesterday PM through today would be received in their system.

I also snail mailed hard copies two days ago from the east coast so should be in Ca. early next week.
Elda told me that it was a Carnival policy that they would not accept email with attached shareholder files. Reason was security. That statement was difficult to digest and since all account numbers are required to be blacked out I cannot understand why the company will not accept email attachment. For a company that prides itself on customer service. The above is no excuse IMHO!!!
Palm City, Fl
4,156 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by tbird2252
That statement was difficult to digest and since all account numbers are required to be blacked out I cannot understand why the company will not accept email attachment. For a company that prides itself on customer service. The above is no excuse IMHO!!!
Suggest you consider electronic issues rather than your account numbers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)

HAL Zuiderdam 2018 (Partial Canal)
HAL Maasdam 2018 (Tahiti)
Mount Pleasant SC & Jefferson NC
11 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by thinfool
Suggest you consider electronic issues rather than your account numbers.
Carnival will accept application for Military/Veteran Benefits by email attachment. Same should be true for "Shareholder Benefit"