Alcohol Allowance

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:34 PM.
8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by marylizcat
You are allowed one bottle each, so two for a couple will be fine. However the local beers will probably not be allowed. The mixers should be ok.
Thanks, do you know when this comes into affect?
England
1,758 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by Nels5320
Thanks, do you know when this comes into affect?
It is already in effect, because that is what it now specifies on the P&O website, under 'faqs'.
1,475 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
It is already in effect, because that is what it now specifies on the P&O website, under 'faqs'.
Incorrect - the new policy comes into force on Feb 1st. Many pax were embarking today in Southampton with amounts in excess of 1litre with no problems.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app
England
1,758 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by wowzz
Incorrect - the new policy comes into force on Feb 1st. Many pax were embarking today in Southampton with amounts in excess of 1litre with no problems.

Odd, since the website states it is the rule now! But typical confusion! Where did you get your Feb date from then?
Batehaven, Australia
11,502 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Odd, since the website states it is the rule now! But typical confusion! Where did you get your Feb date from then?
There is a 'code of conduct' date of 1 February 2018 on P&O Website. But reading that, it appears to address dress codes, no alcohol. Alcohol policy to me appears to be in force now. It will be interesting to see if it is enforced.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last trifecta of cruises:
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

Next Cruise: Nil booked.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
2,870 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I have not read it..cant be bothered but from the 1000+ post on one thread on FB clothing is 1.1.18 and drink is 1.2.18.
I think we apply common sense here..as some of the fb post were very silly. Christmas jumpers are not banned. Sensible T shirts are not banned. What they are dong is setting it out so if the have hen/stag groups wearing offensive clothing , and from some posts what others have seen, are very offensive, they can refer to the t and C and say please change.
The drinks have been done to the death. Spirits I think 1ltr to board and any top ups are via room service is quite reasonable. The problem maybe with wine and Iltr of wine, would probably not last 2 weeks and bottles of wine would be more expensive to buy.
No problems yesterday as someone posted a pix with 4 bottles of wine and a wine box and a bottle of spirit..not sure how long the cruise was..hopefully longer than 2 days!!
8 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Originally posted by the english lady
I have not read it..cant be bothered but from the 1000+ post on one thread on FB clothing is 1.1.18 and drink is 1.2.18.
I think we apply common sense here..as some of the fb post were very silly. Christmas jumpers are not banned. Sensible T shirts are not banned. What they are dong is setting it out so if the have hen/stag groups wearing offensive clothing , and from some posts what others have seen, are very offensive, they can refer to the t and C and say please change.
The drinks have been done to the death. Spirits I think 1ltr to board and any top ups are via room service is quite reasonable. The problem maybe with wine and Iltr of wine, would probably not last 2 weeks and bottles of wine would be more expensive to buy.
No problems yesterday as someone posted a pix with 4 bottles of wine and a wine box and a bottle of spirit..not sure how long the cruise was..hopefully longer than 2 days!!
Thanks, can you advise which FB group it is being discussed on? The official P&O Page?
1,475 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by Nels5320
Thanks, can you advise which FB group it is being discussed on? The official P&O Page?
Here it is, so we can all take lots if wine on board until February !

hampshire england
1,513 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We have had the date of February 1st for the new alcohol rules confirmed by P&O. Our TA sent a letter saying P&O wished to inform us about the date for the new rules on dress - January 1st - and the new rules on alcohol - February 1st. It goes on to say about being allowed to take a one litre bottle of alcohol on board after February 1st and that passengers will not be allowed to bring on alcohol from ports along the way. Our cruise departs at the beginning of January so we won't be affected by the alcohol rules other than that we won't be able to bring on any extra after 1st February. We will of course be able to buy alcohol on board from bars and restaurants.
I thought that maybe the date of February 1st was chosen because it then excludes both Arcadia's World Cruise and Aurora's 65 night circumnavigation of South America. Maybe P&O thought it was a step too far to tell World Cruisers that unlike all previous years they could only bring one litre of alcohol on board - just a thought.
Bracknell
10 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
All cruise lines to be transparent. If you know what you’re paying for that’s fine. But to move the goal posts change terms an conditions AFTER you’ve booked an fully paid for your cruise is atrocious and in my view makes the cruise line untrustworthy. What else will they do after they’ve taken bookings for it? No recourse
if they Change the itinerary ? Oh, sorry they’ve already done that !!
Staffordshire
2,498 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by davidarmes
All cruise lines to be transparent. If you know what you’re paying for that’s fine. But to move the goal posts change terms an conditions AFTER you’ve booked an fully paid for your cruise is atrocious and in my view makes the cruise line untrustworthy. What else will they do after they’ve taken bookings for it? No recourse
if they Change the itinerary ? Oh, sorry they’ve already done that !!
Seeing that they have been selling cruises for 3 months now up to summer 2019 there is no period where there is a gap where it would affect nobody so with all good intent it is going to affect some and dont think as a company its practical for P&O to change T&Cs giving over 2 years notice.
Scotland
1,194 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by majortom10
Seeing that they have been selling cruises for 3 months now up to summer 2019 there is no period where there is a gap where it would affect nobody so with all good intent it is going to affect some and dont think as a company its practical for P&O to change T&Cs giving over 2 years notice.
Practical or not it is disengenious. They need to plan ahead if they intent to make changes. There have been far too many recently and none beneficial to customers.
Whitley Bay, North East England
7,085 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Eglesbrech
Practical or not it is disengenious. They need to plan ahead if they intent to make changes. There have been far too many recently and none beneficial to customers.

Have you read all the changes Royal Caribbean have made for the next two years?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Aurora AU112 Arcadia AR223
Aurora R418 Aurora R419
Adonia F507 Adonia F508
Aurora R525 Arcadia J625
Oceana E721 Oriana X718
Arcadia J813 Oriana X820
Ventura N902 Aurora R913
Arcadia J004 Oceana E021
Ventura N110 Azura A121
Aurora R119 Ventura N210
Arcadia J217 Oriana X302
Oriana X312 Aurora R315
Oceana E402 Azura A409
Azura A410 Oceana E425
Oceana E426 Arcadia J510
Britannia B522 Britannia B523
Ventura N603 Azura A616
Arcadia J615 Arcadia J616
Oceana E625 Crown Princess May 17
Britannia B719 Britannia B720
Azura A728 Azura A729
Ventura N801

To Come

Oriana 18
Oriana 18
Ventura 19
Ventura 19
Britannia 19
Ventura 19
Ventura 19
Ventura 20

Gan Canny

Dai
Staffordshire
2,498 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
I am sure all cruise lines are always tinkering with their T&Cs and is totally impossible to give that far ahead notice so it would not affect any of its customers.
Scotland
1,194 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by daiB
Have you read all the changes Royal Caribbean have made for the next two years?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
No. What are they up to?

IMO same thing applies to RCI as to P&O. Why should they all get away with making sweeping changes after people have booked?

As I have said ad nasium before people would not put up with this kind of thing with any other contract / purchase.
Bracknell
10 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
.[quote=Eglesbrech;54604825]No. What are they up to?

Why should Cruise Companies get away with making sweeping changes to terms an conditions after people have booked and paid ?.people would not put up with this kind of thing with any other contract /purchase.

If you feel you've been ripped off and would like AngelaRippon, Gloria Hunniford and Julia Somerville to investigate,?
then .have a look at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32/contact

UK
663 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
Originally posted by Eglesbrech
No. What are they up to?

IMO same thing applies to RCI as to P&O. Why should they all get away with making sweeping changes after people have booked?

As I have said ad nasium before people would not put up with this kind of thing with any other contract / purchase.
I booked a hotel some weeks ago and they have raised the prices of their beer, can I cancel?
Batehaven, Australia
11,502 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by AnOnymously
I booked a hotel some weeks ago and they have raised the prices of their beer, can I cancel?
No mate, take your own beer in if your room has a bar fridge. Enjoy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last trifecta of cruises:
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

Next Cruise: Nil booked.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'