Live from Ruby Princess Oct 28-November 4 Halloween Mexican Riviera Cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:12 PM.
California
1,091 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I wasnít going to do a live review for this cruise because I was feeling lazy but this one is interesting so far so I thought Iíd share some anyway. This is a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise over Halloween and we will visit Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta.

Iíll upload the officer list. We had the meet and greet today and CS Director James Eaton and Maitre d Giorgio Pisano joined us and actually spent about an hour answering questions and talking with us. James is very funny and likes to talk with people I can tell. He did say he reads the Cruise Critic boards every week and mentioned the ocean medallion and something else thatís been discussed a lot on the boards lately.

Two of my favorite Cruise Directors are on this sailing. Duke Christopher is the cruise director and Lisa Ball is the Entertainment Director. They are both down to earth and fun as well as very approachable. If you love shoes, you will love Duke. Even if you donít you probably will though He has a lot of unique and beautiful shoes and they match his fun personality. He was also the muster station lead in the Princess theatre. I love his accent... which means if Iím against him in the yes no Game I will lose because I wonít be paying attention haha thatís tonight so we shall see if I sign up to play.

I did a lot of dancing yesterday at sailaway and line dance class and my legs feel that I can go jump in a lake today

Iíve already seen a few events I havenít seen on a cruise before in the patter... an escape room is one. Iíve done a few escape rooms and am excited to see what they do. My teamís time is on Mazatlan day and Iíll share my experience. Another is a lip sync contest between passengers and cruise staff. I canít carry a tune in a bucket but I can fake it so Iíll check that out too.

Regarding Halloween, it will be celebrated on Halloween even though all aboard is 1930 in Puerto Vallarta. We will see how my motivation is to actually deal with my costume.

They are showing 3 football Games today on MUTS and in the staterooms. They didnít have the Raiders or 49ers on but I saw the final scores and itís probably better that way

Magic To do was in the theatre last night and is a beautiful show. Itís only on a few ships I believe so if you see it available, Iíd recommend seeing it.

There is gelato on this ship in the IC for 1.50 us for 3 scoops.

It seems they are having issues with people using the toilets properly... since there was a paper in the bathroom, a ship wide announcement and another write up today about it in the patter. Jeesh

They are doing a Stammtisch event today at Vines... $15 per person and it says it includes food and drinks.

I have no clue what Iím doing at Cabo or PV, this is the first cruise Iíve ever had no plan.

In Mazatlan Iím taking a group with me to show them how to use the local boat to get over there. In the spring it was $2 round trip.

I actually did the scavenger hunt for once and the drawing is soon so Iíll be off to that.

Thanks for following along if you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
a bunch of others.....
Sapphire Princess January 2014
Caribbean Princess March 2013
NCL Epic March 2013
NCL Jade October 2012
Crown Princess August 2012
Review for Sea Princess- Alaska 5/13-23 2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640072
NCL Pride of America Hawaii September 2007
California
1,091 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
a bunch of others.....
NCL Epic March 2013
NCL Jade October 2012
Review for Sea Princess- Alaska 5/13-23 2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640072
California
1,091 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
a bunch of others.....
NCL Epic March 2013
NCL Jade October 2012
Maine
1,045 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Thanks for sharing some details and taking us along. Sounds like it's going to be a fun one!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising,
Doreen

Previous Cruises
6/2010 - Alaska - Island Princess
5/2011 - TA & Med - Ruby Princess
4/2012 - TA & British Isles - Grand Princess
2/2013 - Hawaii - Sapphire Princess
9/2014 - Caribbean B2B - Caribbean Princess
3/2015 - Western Caribbean - Emerald Princess
9/2016 - Mexican Riviera - Grand Princess
3/2017 - Caribbean B2B - Crown Princess
Spokane, WA
391 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Following as well. Who is the host of Stammtisch?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GrammySpo

Crown Princess, Caribbean, 2010 (7 days, March)
Emerald Princess, Caribbean, 2011 (10 days, April)
Golden Princess, Hawaii, (14 days, March)
Island Princess, Panama Canal, (14 days, December)
Golden Princess, Alaska, (7 days, May)
The low desert, AZ
3,545 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by GrammySpo
Following as well. Who is the host of Stammtisch?

Princess does the event at Vines, the wine bar on the ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back."
Steven Wright

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
118 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Thanks for having your live update I will be following - we will be boarding when you get back!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Sunshine...11-21-15...Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle...8-1-15...Mexican RV
Carnival Inspiration...3-16-15...Baja Mexico
Norwegian Pearl...8-24-15...Alaska
Carnival Imagination...1-10-14...Panama Canal
American Cruise Line...8-24-13...Columbia & Snake River
Celebrity Century...4-22-13...Pacific Northwest
Carnival Splendor...1-19-13...Hawaii
Carnival Paradise...10-31-11...Baja Mexico
Carnival Splendor...5-1-11...Mexican RV
RCCL Mariner of the Seas...9-5-10...Mexican RV
Norwegian Star...4-3-10...Mexican RV
Norwegian Star...11-22-08...Mexican RV
Princess Star...January 2007...Mexican RV
San Francisco
3,843 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Originally posted by pkt1976

Iíll be on the Ruby for the 20th Anniversary Cruise with the Red Hat Ladies in April next year. It will be interesting to see if any of the same officers are still on board. Iím in charge of our Meet & Greet.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Very helpful for everyone.

Tom😎
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USS Coral Sea, CVA 43, 1966-1967
951 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Looking forward to hearing how the Escape room was -- and if it may be a regular offering. Talked some friends into jumping cruise lines and they will be joining our upcoming cruise in March -- they love escape rooms, so would be great if it's offered on our cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
3kidsncats

Jewel Haven Review 2016
Princess Renewal of Vows Review

2017 Ruby Princess Mexican Riviera
2016 Norwegian Jewel to the Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Sky - Pacific Coastal
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
NCL Seaward - Caribbean
Cunard Countess - Caribbean
118 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by victory2020
Thanks! I'll be boarding in Saturday.
Would love to see menus.
What's an escape room?
I am boarding too on Sat love this thread - would also love to see menus and patters - and victory2020 we are having meet & greet info is on our roll call board - hope you can come!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Sunshine...11-21-15...Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle...8-1-15...Mexican RV
Carnival Inspiration...3-16-15...Baja Mexico
Norwegian Pearl...8-24-15...Alaska
Carnival Imagination...1-10-14...Panama Canal
American Cruise Line...8-24-13...Columbia & Snake River
Celebrity Century...4-22-13...Pacific Northwest
Carnival Splendor...1-19-13...Hawaii
Carnival Paradise...10-31-11...Baja Mexico
Carnival Splendor...5-1-11...Mexican RV
RCCL Mariner of the Seas...9-5-10...Mexican RV
Norwegian Star...4-3-10...Mexican RV
Norwegian Star...11-22-08...Mexican RV
Princess Star...January 2007...Mexican RV
Pittsburgh
172 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
I have always wanted to try an escape room. If you could please elaborate. Is there an extra cost? Where do you sign up? Can you choose what day you want to do it? I'm now hoping they have this on my up coming cruise on the Crown!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PghCruiseGrrrl
AZ
1,564 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Thank you for your post. Any pictures you would like to share? Menus?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Stacy

Star Princess 1/2019, Carnival Paradise 12/2016, NCL Getaway 01/2015, Liberty 05/2013, Legend 01/2010, Sensation 12/2008, Miracle 11/2006, Voyager of the Seas 12/2002, Triumph 11/2001, Oceanic 05/2000, Triumph 11/1999, Atlantic 10/1996
Temecula, CA
913 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by Taer al Saefer
Love this! I will be on the Dec 9th sailing this year. By chance, would you be able to upload some of the MDR menus and some food reviews? Thank you in advance!
Hi, I'm also on the Dec 9th sailing and would like to know 2 things 1. Do they have German Night and what Night? 2. What night is the Goat Cheese Souffle Served? Thanks so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett

I remember well..............

2014 Crown Princess - Mexican Riveria
2013 Golden Princess - 4 night California Coastal

2011 Disney Wonder - Mexico
2009 Volendam - Alaska
2009 Disney Wonder - Bahamas
2008 Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
2007 Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
2004 Ryndam - Sea of Cortez
2004 Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
Sometime after the ice age - Azure Seas
west coast of Canada
2,995 Posts
Joined May 2004
can you let me know how the food and service is in the dining room? I was on the Ruby in Feb and had anytime dining. The service was awful. Over 2 hrs for dinner and the dining room wasn't even full. We gave up after 3 attempts. First time in over 20 cruises with Princess that I actually mentioned it to the Asst. Maitre'd.

There is a 10 day coastal next spring I'd like to go on but it's the Ruby and I hesitate to book it?
Glad your having a great time.

I loved the shows on the Ruby and Duke was the best!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen