mariner deck 10

espresso68

Currently on the Mariner. She is probably the most sound proof ship in the fleet, however, we would never - ever book a suite under the pool deck again.

Perhaps someone else will chime in but we have been under the pool deck on Voyager, above a lounge on Explorer and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I just would not risk it.

espresso,

My first cruise was on the Mariner and I had cabin 1022. It is right under the pool. One night, the seas got rough and they did not empty the pool. It sounded like they were dropping girders on the deck above me. This was at about 2 AM. I went up to see what was making the noise, and it was the pool water hitting one end of the pool, splashing 10 feet or so in the air and then doing it again at the other end of the pool. I have made sure that I am not directly under the pool ever since.

We were “upgraded” on a Rio-Barcelona trip in 2014 to larger suite on Deck 10. I should have checked the deck plan just as our TA should have done. We were under the pool deck, sounds of chairs being dragged around, footsteps; have never made this mistake again. Another reason why it is so important to use a TA who knows Regent really well. We are still looking and until I find a good Regent agent, I doublecheck everything.

Thank you all for your responses.One more question.We are in cabin 806 toward the front of the ship.will it be rocky up there?

We are in a front suite on deck 11 and there is a bit more motion but deck 8 is lower on the ship and should be calmer. I would not hesitate to book 806.