Currently on Reviera. - Quick thoughts

drkitkat123

The GM is not only walking around checking on the ship. He greeted arriving passengers, was on the pier when you left in ports, held the "shuttle bus" signs, was in the pool for deck activities. When we arrived in Miami at 5:00 AM, I saw him go out a door with a rope-. I think he was tying the ship to the dock.

The GM is not only walking around checking on the ship. He greeted arriving passengers, was on the pier when you left in ports, held the "shuttle bus" signs, was in the pool for deck activities. When we arrived in Miami at 5:00 AM, I saw him go out a door with a rope-. I think he was tying the ship to the dock.

Agree with Lou except for the rope tying:D although I wasn't up at 5am. Dominique, as well as the Cruise Director, was also at the Meet and Greet we had and that's the first time I saw an officer come to a Meet and Greet.

While this is not a deal breaker, isn't that nice when officers are so friendly and involved rather than aloof?

While this is not a deal breaker, isn't that nice when officers are so friendly and involved rather than aloof?

There were many officers mingling around being interactive with passengers. Never saw this before.

Thank Mike, my guess was right, Dominique is the only GM walks around

the ship all the time to ensure everything is working right.

Rosie

I have been on three O cruises on which the GM was Giuseppe Bagnato. He was everywhere, was very friendly, and when the cruise was over said goodbye to every passenger as they left the ship. O is lucky to have him.

I have been on three O cruises on which the GM was Giuseppe Bagnato. He was everywhere, was very friendly, and when the cruise was over said goodbye to every passenger as they left the ship. O is lucky to have him.

I agree Giuseppe is one of the best

Cabin good. Why is shower so small?

The only negative is watching passengers be so rude to staff, pointing at food at saying " 2 of those". No please or thank you., no taking time to look at and use name of staff member.

Better than our cruise on regent last year..

Yes, shower is small.

It is annoying to see how some people treat others. I guess they feel entitled. For me it's not about "please" or "thank-you" -- it's the tone of voice. I think it's fine for someone to say "I'll have one of those" if the voice tone is appropriate and not demanding or entitled sounding. It's important for acknowledgement of being served. It can be "thanks" or "appreciate it" or even a friendly smile and nod. It's when people treat the staff as if they don't exist or are robots, that irk me.