Mexican Riviera Cruise

Cruisefanatic71

I am looking at taking a cruise out of Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera. I am looking for anyones experience with this itinerary as well as things that you would suggest to do. The itinerary is: Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta. Thanks for all of your comments.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I am looking at taking a cruise out of Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera. I am looking for anyones experience with this itinerary as well as things that you would suggest to do. The itinerary is: Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta. Thanks for all of your comments.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You can also check on the Mexican riviera Port of Call Forum for more info:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

We've taken that cruise many many times and so have many others.

Agree that you will get lots of info on the Mexican Riviera board.

Your questions are a bit open ended.

We cannot tell if you are interested in Mexican culture, beach time or other activities so hard to give advice.

Cabo - If you aren't Platinum, Diamond, or FTTF then get up early and get your tender tickets early. It can be a real mess sometimes, we didn't get off the ship until like 2pm - although once we got off the tender ride itself was very scenic

[YOUTUBE]VAit4Ln4gMQ[/YOUTUBE]

In Mazatlán I highly recommend to take the Carnival all-inclusive resort excursion that takes you to El Cid. It's fantastic on it's own but once there hit the beach and you might be able to score parasailing for $40! Best experience I've had on the West Coast

[YOUTUBE]b8605mhbJ54[/YOUTUBE]

Puerta Vallarta...well there's a mall with free WiFi within walking distance of the port...I'll be honest I've got nothing here, I was hungover from Mazatlan that day ;p

What do you want/like to do? For us, AI and beaches would be a horrible suggestion. We like to walk around and eat.

PV the Rio Cuale and Malecon areas are wonderful for walking and eating.

In Mazatlan could walk the Blue Line or take a Pulmonia

Cabo a trip to Lands End is a must do. Rent a Pang’s for a private tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by SadieN

My recommendations:

Cabo- We've been several time, but the best time was at ME Cabo Resort. Sometimes they charge for a day pass, but we were able to spend the day there for free since it was the off season. Awesome swim up bar, cabana beds, beach access, great food, no vendors bugging you to buy stuff every 10 seconds, etc

Puerto Vallarta- We did the dune buggy tour that stopped for a tequila tasting, lunch in the jungle, and swimming where they filmed the Predator movie. Beautiful and fun! (We booked through a private vendor, but I can't recall the name right now).