Changing cabin question, ocean view to junior suite on Inspiration

S&S Cruisers 1983

Hi. I had a weird situation when I wanted to change from an ocean view to a junior suite, (there are no balconies on the Inspiration). Of course I knew I had to pay the difference for the move. Our ocean view slept up to 4, we are only 2, cabin E55. When I called to move to a junior suite, V9, they told me I couldn't move because V9 sleeps 3, and we are only 2. There were other junior suites available also, so it wasn't the last one. I said that we are going from a cabin that sleeps 4 to one that sleeps 3, what's the big difference? She said sorry, can't do it. After a lot of discussion, she said she would go and see if a supervisor would approve it. Finally they moved us to V9. I have never had this happen before. Is this common?

Depends on date of sailing. Whether or not they see a demand for higher occupancy cabins. Also, there aren’t as many (high occupancy) suites as there are OV on the Inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you calling your PVP or the general customer care line?

After general business hours and on weekends like most companies the CS line are manned by the most junior of personnel, and many times do not know the full extent of what is permissible. If it was your PVP for your next cruise you may want to consider asking for a new one.

A good PVP (or even CLIA certified TA) will be able to work with you better than the those at the customer care who have to be Jack and Jill of all trades, while a PVP will know all the ins and outs of the booking system and how to get around or override restrictions.

Depends on date of sailing. Whether or not they see a demand for higher occupancy cabins. Also, there aren’t as many (high occupancy) suites as there are OV on the Inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you calling your PVP or the general customer care line?

After general business hours and on weekends like most companies the CS line are manned by the most junior of personnel, and many times do not know the full extent of what is permissible. If it was your PVP for your next cruise you may want to consider asking for a new one.

A good PVP (or even CLIA certified TA) will be able to work with you better than the those at the customer care who have to be Jack and Jill of all trades, while a PVP will know all the ins and outs of the booking system and how to get around or override restrictions.

I guess that makes sense. We do sail November 27th.

I called the customer service line during regular business hours. I don't know if I have a PVP with Carnival.