phone contact with Oceania

docmark

I've been trying to reach them all day.

We're filling out our visa applications for a trip to India on April 11. One of the questions asks for a reference in India. When I called CIBT to clarify the question, they said I need to get that information from Oceania. This is holding up our application...which is pretty long and frustrating as it is!! Perhaps someone out there may know the answer to that question. Wondering if it's the port address in Cochin (our first stop in India).

Thanks for any help.

No it is the Port Agent. Who ever you talked to at CIBT is clueless

Try this link — your cruise is listed. Just have them send you visa kit to your email. The port Agent is listed on page 2

http://www.visacentral.com/oceania

Visa central is the new name for CIBT.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could also try visahq. I have had very good results phoning them with a couple of questions and no pressure to buy their service. I told them up front I was inquiring on behalf of a friend (true) so they knew I would not be signing up but answered my questions clearly and understandably (visas can be complicated and requirements and procedure change) with no rush.

To the OP. It would be my guess that Oceania doesn’t know yet either when they will be releasing cruise schedule over two years away. So no, your TA can’t tell you either.

It is still best to contact your TA when you have questions pertinent to a cruise. Their interface streams are entirely different than individuals, and can typically get feedback easier and quicker than individuals trying to call Miami on the 800 line.

Visa Central or Visa Hq are typically much better sources of information on Visa related issues than the person answering phones in Miami. If you don’t get the information you believe is correct from them, ask to speak to a supervisor there.

I've been trying to reach them all day.

We're filling out our visa applications for a trip to India on April 11. One of the questions asks for a reference in India. When I called CIBT to clarify the question, they said I need to get that information from Oceania. This is holding up our application...which is pretty long and frustrating as it is!! Perhaps someone out there may know the answer to that question. Wondering if it's the port address in Cochin (our first stop in India).

Thanks for any help.

No it is the end port which is Mumbai. This from the Link I posted (presume you are on the Bangkok to Mumbai cruise)

JM Baxi

Address Godrej Coliseium

Mumbai, India 400 022

Phone Number and Email Address Phone: 91 22 240 35131

Email: rmcrusies@jmbaxi.com

No it is the end port which is Mumbai. This from the Link I posted (presume you are on the Bangkok to Mumbai cruise)

JM Baxi

Address Godrej Coliseium

Mumbai, India 400 022

Phone Number and Email Address Phone: 91 22 240 35131

Email: rmcrusies@jmbaxi.com

That sounds familiar to what we used for our India visas for an Oceania cruise

To the OP. It would be my guess that Oceania doesn’t know yet either when they will be releasing cruise schedule over two years away. So no, your TA can’t tell you either.

It is still best to contact your TA when you have questions pertinent to a cruise. Their interface streams are entirely different than individuals, and can typically get feedback easier and quicker than individuals trying to call Miami on the 800 line.

Visa Central or Visa Hq are typically much better sources of information on Visa related issues than the person answering phones in Miami. If you don’t get the information you believe is correct from them, ask to speak to a supervisor there.

Thanks Pinotlover for comments related to MY question ,I guess the Visa issue is much more urgent!!

I wonder if some of you reading this thread remember what month 2019 schedules came out ? The First stage release,that is... appreciate any comments

Thanks Pinotlover for comments related to MY question ,I guess the Visa issue is much more urgent!!

Sorry if you took offense. You are correct that we should not have responded to a hijacked thread. But your question was "Anyone else having problem reaching Oceania by phone? " and the next poster, the one that hijacked your comment. expressed why they too were having trouble with phoning O so really, the hijacker answered your question :)

That said, I did not reply to your question because my answer would be no and would not have been productive post.

I wonder if some of you reading this thread remember what month 2019 schedules came out ? The First stage release,that is... appreciate any comments

April 19th 2017 I believe.

Mid October 2017 (open for booking on Oct 18) the 2019 Europe & the Americas collection was released for 2nd half of 2019

I do apologize for "hijacking" the initial post. I didn't realize I did that when I answered the question with a lengthy response. I thank those who tried to help with the visa question. As an aside...Visacentral has the 4/11/18 cruise ship as Insignia but it should be Nautica. The confusion continues.

Sorry if you took offense. You are correct that we should not have responded to a hijacked thread. But your question was "Anyone else having problem reaching Oceania by phone? " and the next poster, the one that hijacked your comment. expressed why they too were having trouble with phoning O so really, the hijacker answered your question :)

That said, I did not reply to your question because my answer would be no and would not have been productive post.

April 19th 2017 I believe.

Mid October 2017 (open for booking on Oct 18) the 2019 Europe & the Americas collection was released for 2nd half of 2019

I absolutely did NOT take offense !! I meant it very "exactly" when I said the visa issue is MORE URGENT,because it is !! and I am glad productive replies were supplied

I do apologize for "hijacking" the initial post. I didn't realize I did that when I answered the question with a lengthy response. I thank those who tried to help with the visa question. As an aside...Visacentral has the 4/11/18 cruise ship as Insignia but it should be Nautica. The confusion continues.

As I said above ,no need to apologize, and glad you got some replies

Traditionally, Oceania would have released it 2020 schedule in mid September 2018. This year, I believe because of competition from Viking and others, they released the first half of 2019 in April of 2017. There has been changes, cancellations, and price adjustments already to those early release 2019 cruises. According to my TA, Oceania hasn’t decided whether they will go back to their more traditional release dates, or continue with the newer most aggressive release date. That decision hasn’t been made so none of the Parties can answer the question.

Traditionally, Oceania would have released it 2020 schedule in mid September 2018. This year, I believe because of competition from Viking and others, they released the first half of 2019 in April of 2017. There has been changes, cancellations, and price adjustments already to those early release 2019 cruises. According to my TA, Oceania hasn’t decided whether they will go back to their more traditional release dates, or continue with the newer most aggressive release date. That decision hasn’t been made so none of the Parties can answer the question.

Well ,I was finally lucky enough to reach Oceania by phone ,and the agent ,who seemed informed, assured me that first stage release for 2020 will be in April.