Voyager - Location of Water Tight Doors mid ship?

This is a long shot.. I am looking to find out if the Deck Plans for the Voyager are correct, and that indeed there is a water tight door just behind the mid ship crew stairs. I am asking because the cabin I am interested in is exactly against this reinforced wall. Yes I am OCD and like to have at lest one wall that is sound deadened!!! Yes you may chuckle

Response from anyone who has any insight would be appreciated. The cabins adjacent to the wall are:

735 <> 737

736 <> 738

833 <> 835

834 <> 836

929 <> 931

928 <> 930

1021<>1023

1020<>1022

Just checked deck 9; your locations are correct. I don't know if I would take 931 as crew stair could be noisy and since there is not an adjacent balcony in Seven Seas Suite (929), I don't know if that is a positive or negative.

We are in 951 and do occasionally hear next door neighbors and thuds from above.

Marc

There are no watertight doors in the superstructure. Such a thing would be pointless, since there is clearly no watertight door in the passenger corridor. What do exist are automatic fire doors. The quickest way to identify these is too look at the evacuation plan and see where pathways split fore and aft. These do not correspond with reinforcements of the superstructure.

Reinforced walls (which are not really sound deadened) will be found reinforcing the superstructure primarily where the deck is discontinuous to provide for companionways. Basically, where there's a staircase, there's a reinforcement of the superstructure.

Here's the problem with your strategy, though. Although one wall is, indeed, reinforced, the wall between the cabin and the corridor is not, and the greater noise from companionway landings (or worse, elevators) will outweigh any benefit you might realize from noise reduction from neighbors.

The only time we've been disturbed by neighbours was in a cabin with an interconnecting door. It was noticeably less soundproofed and our neighbours did seem to enjoy SLAMMING all the doors in their room at all hours of the day and night. We did politely ask the front desk to "have a word" but, alas, to no avail.

Can someone please respond to this question???

Thanks.

Perhaps it would be beneficial to start a new thread since it is possible that those attracted to a thread about watertight doors midship may be a smaller and different population than those knowledgeable about aft cabins. Just a thought since nobody responded when the question was first asked. If you have a specific cabin in mind you might be able to find comments on the suiteguru stickie.

Can someone please respond to this question???

Thanks.

BC - I agree that you'll get more better answers if you start a thread specifically asking about Voyager - but on our one Voyager sailing we were in 878, and had no vibration problems but did have problems with soot settling on our furniture (and clothing before we noticed it on the chairs). This was back in 2010 and we had a CD tell us that Regent had switched fuels to a cleaner-burning oil and he'd never encountered a soot problem in aft cabins. I'd book one again, soot or no soot. It was a great way to spend evenings, watching the wake recede behind us on a large balcony.

Hope that helps a little - not sure what kinds of problems you were asking about specifically...

On the subject of Voyager, are there any problem with aft cabins?

Hi Sheila - as you know, Voyager has an aft vibration. Some people are extremely bothered by this while others are not. We sailed from Bali to Sydney in a Seen Seas Aft suite and expected vibration. The worst vibration was in the bathroom which wasn't a big deal, but I suspect that the "vibration area" would be different - depending upon suite location.

Not sure if this helps - hope so!