Concierge Lounge on Royal/Regal

NSWP

For suite passengers and not much to it. I found it anti-climatic when we sailed Regal last summer.

Is there a Concierge on duty in the Lounge? The Royal Caribbean ships we have been on have a Suite Lounge with a Concierge on duty during certain hours.

It has continental breakfast in the morning and snacks in the afternoon. Always has juices and an espresso/cappuccino machine. All of that is self service. Also, quiet place to read or use tablet. Nice size. Finally, it is staffed by a concierge with posted hours and is only available to full suite cabins.

The actual concierge (Staff Member) is our favorite amenity of the lounge. After we board and eat lunch, we head to this lounge to make all of our speciality dining reservations. What used to either be a long wait on the DINE line, or a run around the ship to the different dining venues to make reservations, is now a comfortable seat while the concierge calls around and secures our reservations. We always get the best times through the use of the concierge.

Hope that explanation helps. Enjoy, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for clarification re Concierge Lounge. We won't be accessing it as we are not Full Suite people.:( Sounds a good place though.:hearteyes:

On Royal next year, hence the query.

I just got an upgrade offer and will be in my first (and probably last) fancy pants suite. Where is this concierge?

It has continental breakfast in the morning and snacks in the afternoon. Always has juices and an espresso/cappuccino machine. All of that is self service. Also, quiet place to read or use tablet. Nice size. Finally, it is staffed by a concierge with posted hours and is only available to full suite cabins.

The actual concierge (Staff Member) is our favorite amenity of the lounge. After we board and eat lunch, we head to this lounge to make all of our speciality dining reservations. What used to either be a long wait on the DINE line, or a run around the ship to the different dining venues to make reservations, is now a comfortable seat while the concierge calls around and secures our reservations. We always get the best times through the use of the concierge.

Hope that explanation helps. Enjoy, Paul

I just got an upgrade offer and will be in my first (and probably last) fancy pants suite. Where is this concierge?

On the Royal Class ships. The Concierge Lounge is located on the Riviera Deck near aft by the Penthouse Suites.

Paul

On the Royal Class ships. The Concierge Lounge is located on the Riviera Deck near aft by the Penthouse Suites.

Paul

Paul, thanks for the quick reply. It sounds wonderful! We have enjoyed the Concierge service on our Holland America and Royal Caribbean cruises. It's great to know we will have that benefit on our Princess cruise as well. Happy Travels!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some nice pictures of this lounge. Not sure how much I'll use the concierge, but the fruit, cheese and sandwiches look good.

The best thing is the latte machine!! Now I can get one at Sabatini's for breakfast and others whenever I want in this lounge (it has regular and decaf). Don't have to use up my coffee cards - can save them for when I'm not in a full suite.

I saw some nice pictures of this lounge. Not sure how much I'll use the concierge, but the fruit, cheese and sandwiches look good.

The best thing is the latte machine!! Now I can get one at Sabatini's for breakfast and others whenever I want in this lounge (it has regular and decaf). Don't have to use up my coffee cards - can save them for when I'm not in a full suite.

Post #3 in this thread has a link to the pictures. Pretty nice looking.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2541724

Jim

The coffee machine is awesome and you are correct you will not need your coffee card. You will also get a very nice fruit bowl in your suite. Enjoy!

We recently spent 30 days on the Royal with con. service. Whatever you book double check for yourself. He did book a couple items for us, good thing we rechecked. He had not followed through, or confirmed with us. Room is center ship, we found it confining to stay and read or relax. Did grab a few snacks and returned to our cabin to enjoy.

I used it on the last 2 cruises because our suite was right by it but I wouldn't bother going to it if my suite was far. Other than to have them book my specialty dining.

The Haven on NCL was worth going to from anywhere on the ship.