Bob Dickinson to retire as CEO of Carnival

peterv

Slackers. Mine's already sent! :p

Uncle Gerry just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Hmmm...no freebies for you two.:p

This is worse news than you may think:

"Gerry Cahill, executive vice president and CFO of Carnival Corporation & plc, will assume Dickinson's responsibilities as president and CEO effective immediately so that there is an ample transition period."

Gerry is a bean-counter. They are putting a bean-counter in charge of the cruise line!:(

Do not be surprised if fares go up, "freebies" are discontinued, food quality declines, and service in general gets worse.

Then again, perhaps I'm being too much of an alarmist...;)

Gerry is a bean-counter. They are putting a bean-counter in charge of the cruise line!:(

Do not be surprised if fares go up, "freebies" are discontinued, food quality declines, and service in general gets worse.

And where did you get that little bit of info?:rolleyes:

"Gerry Cahill, executive vice president and CFO of Carnival Corporation & plc, will assume Dickinson's responsibilities as president and CEO effective immediately so that there is an ample transition period."

By the sounds of your reply,I would think he has been at the helm for a few years now.

Thats ok, Stocks will drop fast and they will have to fire him. I will jump on the RCCL Bandwagon in a heartbeat.

Fred

CFO = Chief Financial Officer. The speculation as to the future of the service is just that, pure speculation. Hopefully I am wrong, but bad things can happen to customer service when you put the money handlers in the driver's seat.

And yes I believe Wennfred is right...he may have been in the executive suite for years, but not in complete control of the company.

I love Carnival, so I sincerely hope that things stay the same (or get better!), but I am not holding my breath. :)

Directly from the press release, did/have you read it?

Gerry Cahill, 56, joined Carnival Corporation in 1994 as vice president - finance and in 1998 was promoted to senior vice president - finance and chief financial officer. In December 2003, he was named executive vice president and CFO. From 1988 to 1994, Cahill was with Safecard Services, Inc., a NYSE-listed company, where he served first as chief financial officer and then as chief operating officer. From 1979 to 1988, Cahill held financial posts at Resorts International, Inc., and prior to that spent six years with Price Waterhouse.

Looks pretty much like a bean counter description to me.

Cheers,

Peter

Dear Fellow Carnivores:

If I am elected CEO, I promise to not allow jeans in the dining room, give my blessing to booze smugglers and put chlorine in the kiddie pool. I will fix your damaged luggage, return the heirlooms you left in the room safe, and pay the employees more money so no one has to tip.

Furthermore, I pledge to return the F-deck to its former glory. :D (I think this one seals the deal, don't you???)

I can be reached at TM@carnival.com

:D

Dear Fellow Carnivores:

If I am elected CEO, I promise to not allow jeans in the dining room, give my blessing to booze smugglers and put chlorine in the kiddie pool. I will fix your damaged luggage, return the heirlooms you left in the room safe, and pay the employees more money so no one has to tip.

Furthermore, I pledge to return the F-deck to its former glory. :D (I think this one seals the deal, don't you???)

But will you use said F-deck in the way it was designed? :eek: :D

Now I do like the sound of that. Are you in charge of the damaged luggage dept. :eek: ;)

Hey, I've been Uncle Jess for 25 years, so I have had lots of practice. And I'll get Dood a new suitcase, and a free cruise.

Jess, you just got my vote... the pain and suffering of the suitcase incident alone warrants a free European cruise.:p

Directly from the press release, did/have you read it?

Cheers,

Peter

Yes, I did read it. However, I guess you didn't see that what I put as a quote was merely RjayB's remarks....I wasn't questioning the article itself.;)

Dear Fellow Carnivores:

HIRED!!!! :)

Dear Fellow Carnivores:

Yes, but will you put hand sanitizers in the Lido Buffet?

(Standing back):D

Archived