AMEX Offer: Spend $500 on Carnival, get $100 statement credit

gtalum

Check your AMEX offers. It's actually an offer for most of the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" Group. Put $500 on your AMEX, get a $100 statement credit. I paid $500 towards my booking and got the confirmation email right away. Some purchases don't count, but paying toward your balance should. This offer comes around a couple of times a year. Easy $100.

Note: Probably not available on co-branded cards.

will they price match the 20% off offer they give you when you come back from a cruise?

Yes. Book Past Guest now and then price match when the offer appears in your VIFP section. But it’s not really 20% off the lowest price available for the cruise. It’s just a marketing tool.

Yes. Book Past Guest now and then price match when the offer appears in your VIFP section. But it’s not really 20% off the lowest price available for the cruise. It’s just a marketing tool.

I was eying a cruise. Took a cruise last week Was excited to check my past cruise offer. No change.

And if you and your spouse both have Amex cards with the offer, you can each pay $500 separately and get the $100 credit twice. You have to have separate sign ins online to accomplish this.

And if you and your spouse both have Amex cards with the offer, you can each pay $500 separately and get the $100 credit twice. You have to have separate sign ins online to accomplish this.

We actually requested additional cards in our own name for the same account and they sent them so we can do the deal 5 times

Try this Amex web link to see if you can use it to add the offer to your card (it will prompt you to login to your Amex account). It may or may not work but give it a try:

https://www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Wow, Joe, thank you!! That worked. I have a cruise booked on HAL next year, so I'm going to contact my TA and have her pay $500 towards the balance. Thanks again.

Roz

Wow, Joe, thank you!! That worked. I have a cruise booked on HAL next year, so I'm going to contact my TA and have her pay $500 towards the balance. Thanks again.

Roz

You're welcome! I keep thinking that someday Amex will close that option to add the offer but they don't so enjoy!

I was just able to add it to my Skymiles Amex. However, we just booked 2 weeks ago with the reduced deposit sale and I don't really want to plunk down another $500 already. Hmmmm.

ETA: My deposit was made within the timeframe of the offer, I wonder if I'll get the credit anyway, even though I added it to my card after the fact.

Edited by scoutfinch72