I Love Cuba Photo Tour

belkin

We booked this tour for our October 2017 cruise to Cuba on the Carnival Paradise. The tour was 6 hours and the price was 200 cuc if you wanted the photos or 150 cuc without them. Our guide Yosel was amazing. He spoke fluent English and had a great personality. It felt like you were touring with a friend. We met at the square across the street from the cruise terminal. Yosel provided us with a wide variety of stops, exploring new Havana, old Havana, and other top touristy stops. Some of the places we went were off the beaten path and not on the usual tour guides agenda. I would say that this was probably the best tour we have ever taken. We are headed back to Cuba next year and will definitely be booking with Yosel again.

We booked with Yosel and Damian was our guide. I thoroughly agree with your review and would recommend using "I Love Cuba" tours as well. Here is my review I posted to Trip Advisor...

What a great time! While it was raining our

first day, Damian was wonderful trying to get us to see as

much as we could. Always a smile and welcoming words,

I agree with others that it was almost like being led

through the tour with a long-time friend. The weather

cleared up the second day and Damian guided us around the

walking tour pointing out sights and good photo

opportunities and I got some really great photos. We

would HIGHLY recommend booking a tour with

Yosel.

By the way, this was booked very last minute

after the cruise ship had cancelled our original plans

because of damage from Irma. Yosel jumped right in and

suggested an option for us and let us know to look for

Damian outside of the cruise terminal. If we ever make

it back to Havana, I would definitely book with I Love Cuba

again and would request Damian if he's available.

I just can't say enough good things about the entire

process and the tours themselves.

Thank you!!!

We are pretty easy going and loved it all. We had no real agenda, but did ask him to take us to a cigar factory which he was happy to do. We just let him mix it up for us. We went to a park that girls get photographed at for their 15th birthday. Stopped by a little café and got a bakery item. Went to the Hotel Nationale and had a drink and bought coffee. Toured Fustalandia and the Havana Ghetto and drove around. I would check out Havana on Trip Advisor and see what you might be interested in.

We booked this tour for our October 2017 cruise to Cuba on the Carnival Paradise. The tour was 6 hours and the price was 200 cuc if you wanted the photos or 150 cuc without them. Our guide Yosel was amazing. He spoke fluent English and had a great personality. It felt like you were touring with a friend. We met at the square across the street from the cruise terminal. Yosel provided us with a wide variety of stops, exploring new Havana, old Havana, and other top touristy stops. Some of the places we went were off the beaten path and not on the usual tour guides agenda. I would say that this was probably the best tour we have ever taken. We are headed back to Cuba next year and will definitely be booking with Yosel again.

Thank you for this.

I'm thinking of using him..

Thank you for this.

I'm thinking of using him..

I think you will really enjoy the tour. I booked him again for 2 days in August so am hoping the new travel rules don't prohibit it.

He was very excited that I wrote a review on here. If you book tell him you heard about on CC from Clark and Mary.

I think you will really enjoy the tour. I booked him again for 2 days in August so am hoping the new travel rules don't prohibit it.

He was very excited that I wrote a review on here. If you book tell him you heard about on CC from Clark and Mary.

I just emailed Yosel that you recommended him!!!

Thanks so much

Your welcome. He is pretty quick to respond. One of the things I learned from him is they don't have internet like we do. They have to go to hot spots which seemed to be in parks and hook up from there. No internet in their homes like we have. They have to buy cards that give them minutes.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do you mean they take photos of you at the sites?

Also, how many people on the tour? Is this private, or is there a group?

Thanks!

He will take photos of all the sites and photos of you as well. He e will provide you with an SD card.

This is a private tour.

If it costs more if you want the photos, and less, if you don't, does that mean you are not allowed to take pics with your own camera? Or is it because his photos will be more professional?

As far as I remember it is your choice. He took a lot of photos that we never would have taken so I thought it was worth the extra $50. Plus we were able to just focus on the sights and not worry about capturing the photos.

We went on I Love Cuba's photographic tour in Havana on February 19th with Yosel and Christina. There were 7 of us and a baby . We travelled in a 1950's Dodge and a 1950's Chevy Convertible and had a brilliant time visiting the Forest, the Ghetto and Fusterlandia as well as the Capitol, Revolutionary Square and the National Hotel. It was easily the best excursion I have been on. We learnt so much and Yosel and Christina were such fun. The photographs were brilliant. It's not surprising that this is Trip Adviser's No 1 Tour in Havana

• 3 weeks later...

we just toured with Yosel and it is our second time. He is one of the best guides ever so if you can book him do it. I have never tipped him as it is his company and unless a guide works for someone else I have never tipped...if they do work for someone else different story. I feel cheap now.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from Royal Caribbean cruise that included an overnight in Havana - hands down, Yosel gave the best tour experience I've ever had! He is extremely knowledgeable, so friendly/responsive/easy to communicate with, and takes amazing photos of you and your group. If you have the chance to book a tour with him, don't hesitate. My friends and I had the BEST time and still can't stop raving about all the photos he took for us, as well as everything we learned over our two days there. He personalizes every tour to your interests - we went in with no expectations and let him devise the itinerary for us, and we weren't disappointed at all. We got to see all the "must see" places while also going off the beaten path to observe and learn more about daily life in Cuba.

We went on I Love Cuba's photographic tour in Havana on February 19th with Yosel and Christina. There were 7 of us and a baby . We travelled in a 1950's Dodge and a 1950's Chevy Convertible and had a brilliant time visiting the Forest, the Ghetto and Fusterlandia as well as the Capitol, Revolutionary Square and the National Hotel. It was easily the best excursion I have been on. We learnt so much and Yosel and Christina were such fun. The photographs were brilliant. It's not surprising that this is Trip Adviser's No 1 Tour in Havana

Liz - how old was baby and did you or parents just hold baby in the classic cars since no seatbelts? We are going with our baby who will be 8 months and will have a soft carrier and a travel carseat. We took short taxi rides in Japan with her in carrier and me belted. But wonder if too risky in Cuba classic cars.