Cruise if third person can't come

moki'smommy

We have booked a cabin for 3 many months from now. Two of us are as secure as anyone can be about the trip, but number 3 is crossing fingers and hoping she can cruise. Prices have gone up considerably, and financially it would be a better thing to keep the booking as is, even if number 3 can't join us. Is there any downside or penalty to having a third person just not show up?

We have booked a cabin for 3 many months from now. Two of us are as secure as anyone can be about the trip' date=' but number 3 is crossing fingers and hoping she can cruise. Prices have gone up considerably, and financially it would be a better thing to keep the booking as is, even if number 3 can't join us. Is there any downside or penalty to having a third person just not show up?[/quote']

Yes. If the 3rd person doesn't show, she will still have to pay for the cruise.

Better to have cancel for any reason insurance and cancel for an allowable reason or cancel before final payment.

Unless she doesn't mind losing all that money. There's no actual penalty.

You shouldn't have to rebook if #3 doesn't cruise. You can just drop the 3rd person from the booking. The first 2 persons cost should stay the same.

Of course the penalties for dropping #3 depends on when you do it.

Facts:

booked 3 in one cabin

not yet past final payment

third passenger may or may not be able to cruise

Suggestions

Be sure that you have insurance

Do not release the cabin yet. You may not be able to book another three person cabin if you decide to add her (later/instead of now)

Final payment is usually due 90 days out

Good Luck

I'm sure this is never a popular answer, but ...

Why not call Princess? Wouldn't they be able to provide a more reliable answer than us amateurs out here?

Jim

Because at this point I have no intention of alerting them to the possibility and risk losing the cabin we've booked. I'll probably do that closer to the final payment date if number 3 is still uncertain....my ultimate hope is that the cruise goes as booked.

Have the booking marked as 'No Upgrade'? That should hold the cabin for you.

No need for that. As long as they have three passengers booked, any upgrade would be to a cabin that can hold three passengers.

If they do drop down to two passengers, "no upgrade" does not prevent Princess from moving them to a two person cabin in the same category level as it would not be an upgrade.

Wouldn’t this be an issue and the responsibility of the tentative third traveller, unless one of the sure two has the reservation and responsibility for payment? Before final payment anyone can pull out with a minimal loss. A stateroom which accommodates three does not cost more than two normally but there is a cost for any additional cruisers in the room. If the third has made their final payment then any refund issues are theirs alone. You only see this kind of stuff on Judge Judy about once per week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wouldn’t this be an issue and the responsibility of the tentative third traveller, unless one of the sure two has the reservation and responsibility for payment? Before final payment anyone can pull out with a minimal loss. A stateroom which accommodates three does not cost more than two normally but there is a cost for any additional cruisers in the room. If the third has made their final payment then any refund issues are theirs alone. You only see this kind of stuff on Judge Judy about once per week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think this is the issue - I am assuming from previous posts that it is their daughter who is the 3rd passenger. They were just hoping they would not lose their cabin, if they dropped her but am hoping she makes it.