Future cruise credit question

sexyaznboy

Hey everyone

I’m going on a cruise I need March and would like to take advantage of the future cruise credit for a cruise in October.

I usually book through a major cruise website that is giving OBC for the October cruise. Can I book on board and get the future cruise credit and have the reservation transferred to the web booking and still have the OBC for that website honoured? I don’t know how that would work, I’ve never done it before.

Thanks!

Hey everyone

I’m going on a cruise I need March and would like to take advantage of the future cruise credit for a cruise in October.

I usually book through a major cruise website that is giving OBC for the October cruise. Can I book on board and get the future cruise credit and have the reservation transferred to the web booking and still have the OBC for that website honoured? I don’t know how that would work, I’ve never done it before.

Thanks!

Short answer is yes, so long as it is the policy of the site in question to honor their promised perks for transferred bookings the same as direct ones.

But you can simply purchase a Future Cruise Deposit onboard and apply that when booking directly with said online agent. The benefits will definitely be stacked. And you can purchase the FCD in your home currency.

The TA I have used has said that if I decide to book on the cruise I can just tell them I am booking through her (big on line agency). Just need agency name, her name, email, phone number, and then it goes to her from there. You can also transfer the booking to your TA after but that's a bigger pain in my opinion because you need to fax something.

But you can simply purchase a Future Cruise Deposit onboard and apply that when booking directly with said online agent.

Agree with fishywood. Just buy the FCC. don't have to book anything. The FCC can be used anytime over the next two years.

I interpret these posts to say that get the FCD on board and then book with the online agent.

But to get the current TA's pricing and benefits, the OP may need to book now and not wait until March when the same pricing and benefits (and cabin selection) may not be available.

Op needs to contact the TA to ask if the same booking OBC will be available if the booking is not made until March.

I interpret these posts to say that get the FCD on board and then book with the online agent.

But to get the current TA's pricing and benefits, the OP may need to book now and not wait until March when the same pricing and benefits (and cabin selection) may not be available.

Op needs to contact the TA to ask if the same booking OBC will be available if the booking is not made until March.

Thanks everyone. I’m pretty sure there will be cabins available and this online TA is pretty consistent in terms of the OBC. I’m just not clear how the OBC from the future credit and deposit will get transferred to my booking when I come home from the cruise, will Princess automatically apply my deposit from the ship when I book (like when I enter my circle number) or will I have to call them to book and not do it online like I usually do?

Looks like I’ll have to call them as I’m unsure as to how it all works.

Buy the FCC when onboard. Contact your TA later and tell them you want to use the FCC as your deposit. Princess will put the OBC on your account.

Alternately get the FCC when onboard. Book the cruise with Princess - you don't need to do it while onboard. Tell them you want to use the FCC as your deposit. They will put the OBC on your account. Transfer to your TA. It's extremely easy to do. An email works fine. Send Princess the information pertinent to both the cruise and the TA you want to transfer the booking to and say you want to do the transfer.

Either way is simple to do and works.

All I did was to give the FCC person at the desk the name of the TA I'd be using. When I got home, I called the TA and told her that I'd purchased FCCs and gave her name as my TA. She took it from there and was totally able to apply the certificates when we were ready to book our cruises.

Bought a FCD on January cruise. Chose cruise to book and asked TA to apply it. New TA as usually book direct, but price was over £500 per person cheaper with TA.

Unfortunately TA not certain how to use FCD. Didn't realise you used it for deposit and got OBC. She was able to phone Princess for explanation and all was well.

We are in Australia. I have book Princess Cruises through our American Agent in the past and on each cruise we have paid the FCD $100pp to obtain the OBC for our next cruise.

This time we booked our next Princess Cruise through an Australian Agent as was a much better deal but what a dilemma getting our OBC plus the deposit $100pp used as our deposit. It took many calls to Princess ourselves to finally get our OBC in place but still would not use the FCD as our deposit payment. They finally returned our deposit saying they cant convert the US dollars into Aus dollars. What a stuff up and will not pay the Future Cruises again. When on Board they are happy to take our money in Aus $$$ and convert it but its too hard fro them to convert it back,.

Common-sense just does not prevail sometimes. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

We are in Australia. I have book Princess Cruises through our American Agent in the past and on each cruise we have paid the FCD $100pp to obtain the OBC for our next cruise.

This time we booked our next Princess Cruise through an Australian Agent as was a much better deal but what a dilemma getting our OBC plus the deposit $100pp used as our deposit. It took many calls to Princess ourselves to finally get our OBC in place but still would not use the FCD as our deposit payment. They finally returned our deposit saying they cant convert the US dollars into Aus dollars. What a stuff up and will not pay the Future Cruises again. When on Board they are happy to take our money in Aus $$$ and convert it but its too hard fro them to convert it back,.

That just doesn't sound right. Isn't that the whole idea of buying the FCC plus getting the OBC?

When you purchase an FCD, they ask what currency you want to buy it with and then get the benefits in that currency. Choices are US $, British dollars, Euros and Australian $.

As Caribil said, when buying a FCD, you buy it in the currency you're going to book the cruise in. So if you want to use an Aus TA you need an Aus FCD. We always book with a UK TA or on Princess' UK website/phone so we get a UK FCD. Simple...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk