Off the Dawn yesterday

As does just about every cruise ship.

We've discussed bringing our young nieces/nephews on a cruise with us and the Dawn is explicitly not on our list because it lacks all the features newer ships have that would help entertain the kiddos.

That is so true. The newer ships are more family friendly but the kids we did talk to on the Dawn seem to be having a wonderful time. I guess it depends on what kids want to do and how busy they need to be. Some kids are content with a few activities, and spending time with others their age, some want to be constantly busy.

Was wanting to look at MDR menus, to plan what night to make reservations for the Speciality Restuarants. I really like O’Sheehans for breakfast too.

I get to eat in Moderno for breakfast ( Suite Perk), but will try it at least once.

It doesn't help much with pre-cruise meal planning, but you can ask your butler for copies of the week's menus. Then you can ask the concierge to switch reservations for you if you have already made plans for that evening.

Hello New Mexico Nita,

I’m looking forward to reading your review. I will be on The Dawn September 7th for a Boston to Bermuda cruise.

Did you take photos of the main dining room menus?

Menus posted online are about 3 years old.

If no photos, can you write about some of your favorite items in the MDR

Brian

There are 27 MDR menu variations for the head chief to chose from.

No way to guess in advance of which will be offered.

Thank you for your review. We are going June 8th and this will be our first time on the Dawn. Looking forward to meeting some who have cruised to Bermuda before.

Hi,

We cruised to Bermuda on the Dawn last year on June 9. If I remember correctly, our first day in port was quite rainy. The remaining two days were fine and sunny. The weather can be variable.

The Boston to Bermuda cruise is one of our favorites, and we feel that 7 days are too short. I'd love to see it lengthened by adding Charleston, S.C., to some of the cruises.

No matter what the time of year or the weather, Bermuda has something to to for all. Beaches, restaurants, museums, fine shopping, are all waiting to be visited.

It doesn't help much with pre-cruise meal planning, but you can ask your butler for copies of the week's menus. Then you can ask the concierge to switch reservations for you if you have already made plans for that evening.

Thank you Daisy...excellent idea!!

Brian

Is there any evening entertainment other than disco and one production show? Can't seem to find info on this. Thanks

along with the production show, there is the Bliss which is what you are talking about when you say, Disco I imagine, there is always entertainment in the Atrium and usually at least one bar will have a pianist, vocalist, guitar player or something like that. We found our favorite place, after dinner was listening to the singer/guitar player in Gadbsy's for awhile.

Thank you for your review. We are going June 8th and this will be our first time on the Dawn. Looking forward to meeting some who have cruised to Bermuda before.

We will be on the ship with you. Our 12th time on the Dawn to Bermuda. Always a great trip.

Looking forward to your review. We will be on the ship September 7th. We had dinner in Le Bistro and didn't like it as much as the other restaurants - I would like to try it again,but would like others opinions. Did you have dinner there at all?

Are Jose & Patti back on ship?

Would love to see any dailies if possible.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise -- this will be our 3rd time on the Dawn and am really looking forward to it. Jan

im thinking of booking a cruise on the dawn next year out of new York how does the ship compare to the jewel class ships?

The Dawn is smaller a little and not as modern. Not that Jewel class ships are really that modern, but they are more so than the Dawn. That being said, we really enjoyed the Dawn, much more so than the first time we cruised her. I do believe there was more entertainment on the Dawn than the Jewel class and a couple of new things to us, sold us on the ship. 1-out in the pool area they have added lounges more like small love seats which are better for people who are mobility challenged. they are easier to get in and out of, I just wish they had a few more. The other positive is the pool pool area is larger and there are more places to sit, including tables around the deck. Add to that, the unbelievable friendly crew.

cabin wise, about the same: shopping area, much smaller, dining choices about the same. I think the atrium is smaller and they do not have the large screen like on Jewel class ships.

The 2 biggest drawbacks we thought were: 1-depending on what deck you are on and where there are times when you almost have to go to deck 7 to get through the ship. For instance we were on deck 8, forward and always, went to 7; to get to the other end of the ship or we would have to go through almost a maze of cabins to get where we were going and there is no real outside eating area connected to the buffet like on the Jewel class ships. We have always enjoy eating our breakfast at the back of the ship and watching the world go by.

Let's just say, we were so overall impressed we booked her for a 10 day cruise next Feb to the southern Caribbean without even considering another ship. And we did this knowing at our age this will be the last cruise we will be taking.

• 2 weeks later...