Carnival Social Wi-Fi Plan Advice!

Animalgirl27

We recently sailed on the Carnival Conquest. On the Carnival website through several links, it lists that you can purchase the social media plan for $5/day. However, this is not the case. On the ship, you can only purchase the social media plan for the duration of the cruise. It is not offered daily at all. Just thought I would share because I was misled on the Carnival website.

I'm not sure about the other ships, but on the Conquest a 24 hour social media option was not available. I even checked with guest services and they confirmed that the social media package was only available for the entire cruise. There were other more expensive internet options available daily.

• 4 months later...
With Carnvial's social wifi plan, Can you post messages on FB or just read FB? Thank you!

Yes. Worked fine for Facebook. Able to post and upload pictures. Also can use imessage . So with having I phone could imessage text to anyone with an iPhone.

With Carnvial's social wifi plan, Can you post messages on FB or just read FB? Thank you!

it is not an internet platform, you can only post and receive messages

The social wifi plan is one of the internet/data options. The HUB app has a chat feature at $5 pp for the length of the cruise. This uses the ship's intranet to allow messaging between other passengers onboard with the feature.

COEvan - sorry I misunderstood you. I've seen many confuse texting/messaging people off the ship with the optional chat feature of the HUB app on the ship, which is what I thought you were doing when you said

"it is not an internet platform, you can only post and receive messages"

The screen shot below states access to "social websites and applications" so even though it does not allow browsing, it is access to others off the ship which to me implies internet vs. intranet.

You should have seen a screen like this on your device, to purchase 24 hour access

e1b28f4f53ea2f08d005880855e8f3e5.jpg

no it's not, no internet browsing with Social Plan. The Hub has nothing to do with Carnivals internet plans