Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:09 AM.
516 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by wildcat68
We are 195 days out and our guarantee cabin has been assigned. I certainly wasn't expecting an assignment until a few days, or weeks prior to sailing. My question is: is it possible, or likely Viking will reassign prior to embarkation, or is it pretty much done? Another question is, can I book restaurant reservations and shore excursions based on the category assigned, or the guarantee level booked?
You can book restaurant and excursions on the category assigned.

I asked Viking about this (it’s a first time I had a GTY this year) and was told this is it - the category. You can change a cabin within your assigned category anytime if the category is available.
Hope this helps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Star - Trade Routes of the Middle Ages June 2018
Viking Star - Viking Homelands July 2017
Viking Vili, Viking Skirnir-Grand European September 2016
30 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
That is far out! It must be a popular cruise that sold out or is close to selling out - like Australia is sold out for next winter! I believe the only way that assigned rooms get changed is if they need your room and offer you a higher cabin for $ or for free. You book reservations based on the category of room assigned. It should say on your My Viking Journey account how many reservations you have to use. Don’t hesitate to call Viking with questions. Did you get an upgrade?
Klamath Falls, Oregon
224 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Islandgirl02564
That is far out! It must be a popular cruise that sold out or is close to selling out - like Australia is sold out for next winter! I believe the only way that assigned rooms get changed is if they need your room and offer you a higher cabin for $ or for free. You book reservations based on the category of room assigned. It should say on your My Viking Journey account how many reservations you have to use. Don’t hesitate to call Viking with questions. Did you get an upgrade?
We did get an upgrade. Not from bottom to explorer suite but significant. Since we are so far out from embarkation we still cannot book restaurant or excursions.
North Carolina, USA
2,271 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
We booked a V1 gty and also just got upgraded and assigned cabin #5052 for our 12/4 cruise. We booked #5047 for our 12/28 second part of the cruise. Now if we can get them to assign us the same cabin for the 30 days, that would be wonderful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/][/url]
Klamath Falls, Oregon
224 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by cruisenfreak
We booked a V1 gty and also just got upgraded and assigned cabin #5052 for our 12/4 cruise. We booked #5047 for our 12/28 second part of the cruise. Now if we can get them to assign us the same cabin for the 30 days, that would be wonderful!
You are our next door neighbors!
North Carolina, USA
2,271 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Yay! Great to meet on line before our time on board. Are you on transatlantic?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
516 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
You could ask your TA to check if either room is available - 5052 might be available on the second part of your cruise or 5047 on the first leg OR the other cabin of the same category will be available for both legs. The moment you are assigned a particular category, you could choose your cabin. I already changed my cabin 2 times. Happy sailing ⛵️
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North Carolina, USA
2,271 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by vnb2003
You could ask your TA to check if either room is available - 5052 might be available on the second part of your cruise or 5047 on the first leg OR the other cabin of the same category will be available for both legs. The moment you are assigned a particular category, you could choose your cabin. I already changed my cabin 2 times. Happy sailing ⛵️
That’s what I’m hoping. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Klamath Falls, Oregon
224 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Yay! Great to meet on line before our time on board. Are you on transatlantic?
We are on until Miami.
North Carolina, USA
2,271 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Not anymore.
We’ve been reassigned with the same cabin from 12/4 through 1/3 - 5066. Yay!
We’re right at the elevator - been in similar cabin on another ship and never heard any noise from the elevator lobby. We’re happy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ME
424 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
We were next door! 5068. Absolutely no noise. Convenient location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

516 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Not anymore.
We’ve been reassigned with the same cabin from 12/4 through 1/3 - 5066. Yay!
We’re right at the elevator - been in similar cabin on another ship and never heard any noise from the elevator lobby. We’re happy!
So glad to hear this!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Naples, FL
4,786 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Arggggg! I've been following this thread avidly because we booked the Sun December Lisbon to Miami TA while on our Trade Routes cruise this spring. All that was available in veranda cheap seats was the guarantee so we took it. We're still listed as guarantee however. Sheesh! This is like waiting til Christmas..wait, we'll be on board somewhere on board at Christmas...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Deirdre
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2103294
Celebrity Solstice Mediterranean cruise report here-
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676328
Tucson AZ
2,251 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
But you will be on the ship! Worst case scenario in the category you booked!! Pretty nice! We wanted V but it was sold out so had to do DV. No guarantees when we booked. We would have done it in a second!!
30 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
If you book a guarantee, you are in that category, worst case, and will get on the cruise. I will always book a guarentee, even though last time I did not find out that I was upgraded 7 categories until 4 days before. Time before that 8 categories up.