Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:19 PM.
83 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Hi,
When they refer to a ‘collard shirt’ for men does this include Polo shirts?
With regard to the spa, do they have nail salon that provides a gel polish infill service?
Thanks
( I received my pre cruise pack yesterday and I don’t know if I’m excited or having a little panic ! )
Boston MA
7,241 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by KnitterA2
Yes, polo shirts are fine and many men wear them in the dining rooms. The nail salon is full service.
They aren't quite full-service because they do not do acrylics of any kind. A year ago Viking shared the list of services in another post. BTW, the prices quoted include a 15% gratuity.

A collared shirt is pretty much anything that isn't a T-shirt (or tank).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado
Expand for links to links to photos and more.
The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

Click on the links below for photos

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save
St. Paul MN
3,803 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Peregrina651
They aren't quite full-service because they do not do acrylics of any kind. A year ago Viking shared the list of services in another post. BTW, the prices quoted include a 15% gratuity.

A collared shirt is pretty much anything that isn't a T-shirt (or tank).
Thanks so much for the salon link.
I am getting a regular French nail manicure on Sat, but I will be on a 15 day cruise three days later, so I will use the salon! I do not like gel polish.
USA
2,652 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
We were onboard the Star recently and the evening attire was all over the place for both men and women. A polo shirt for a man would definitely be acceptable.

Enjoy your cruise!
Candler, NC
27 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by G. GIRL
Hi,
When they refer to a ‘collard shirt’ for men does this include Polo shirts?
With regard to the spa, do they have nail salon that provides a gel polish infill service?
Thanks
( I received my pre cruise pack yesterday and I don’t know if I’m excited or having a little panic ! )
Yes on the collared shirt...polo ("golf") shirt will do.
I do not know about your spa question as I did not use.
83 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Thanks for your replies.
I have another question about the tags for the suitcases that have your stateroom number on. Do you attach them before you fly or put them on when you pick up your luggage off the carrousel?
Thanks
Boston MA
7,241 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by G. GIRL
Thanks for your replies.
I have another question about the tags for the suitcases that have your stateroom number on. Do you attach them before you fly or put them on when you pick up your luggage off the carrousel?
Thanks

When you get them off the carousel because 1) they can get torn off in transit and 2) because they contain too much personal information.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado
Expand for links to links to photos and more.
The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

Click on the links below for photos

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save
33 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Originally posted by Missymssy
Would you say the spa/salon services are fairly reasonable, or more along the lines of "outrageous". lol
They’re on the very high side of reasonable, or the low side of outrageous, I guess, depending on how much you need or want the service! I found price lists on line for all of the basic spa treatments, and when I had a massage on a recent (January 2018) cruise, the online prices were pretty close to what I found onboard. (About 40% higher than the prices I pay on land.). I will say that it was totally worth it - one of the top 5 massages I’ve had in my entire life. I didn’t use the nail or hair services, but I heard many people raving about them, in spite of the prices.
501 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
I had a haircut last year on Star for $65.00. I had a beautiful cut (note: I had long hair at the time). The price was very reasonable imho.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Star - Trade Routes of the Middle Ages June 2018
Viking Star - Viking Homelands July 2017
Viking Vili, Viking Skirnir-Grand European September 2016