2018-2019 Cruise Director and Entertainment Director Schedule

I hate to have to ask, but having never cruised, I have no idea why this matters. What's the difference?

Great question!

Truth is, to most people it doesn't matter because they do their own thing. BUT..... A good Cruise Director hosts all the games and shows and knows how to liven a party like a good DJ or host. A really good CD like Lee Mason will actually spend time with people and make them feel extremely important even though there are thousands of people on a ship. So, it's really on matter of preference if it matters to a particular person or not.

I hate to have to ask, but having never cruised, I have no idea why this matters. What's the difference?
Some people have a preference for someone, so useful to them. Some have a preference for who they do not want, useful to them too. For all the rest not so useful.

That said, I have a preference only for a CD I will not cruise with.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Lee Mason is a rockstar! We had an incredible time on the Sunshine. He was probably the best we ever had!

Our Hawaii Journey's cruise is late April/early May next year. The list shows Lee Mason as the CD on Splendor through April 2019......so I HOPE he will be our CD. I've never heard of him, so I asked on FB and received overwhelming replies that echo what you said.

Rude, much?

Not really. What is rude is someone taking the time to post a very helpful post and then another person not being bothered to read it and instead just ask questions expecting everyone to do the research for them

a Cruise director can make or break your cruise.

A good director will make sure there are lots of stuff to do-- and make it fun

We sailed once with a CD that was hardly ever seen-- and we were bored half the time

unless we wanted to go to a talk or lecture-- or spend money. Was no where near fun

a Cruise director can make or break your cruise.

A good director will make sure there are lots of stuff to do-- and make it fun

We sailed once with a CD that was hardly ever seen-- and we were bored half the time

unless we wanted to go to a talk or lecture-- or spend money. Was no where near fun

Actually these days it is the ED director that does all the scheduling.

Well stated.... Kind of reminds me of commercial (Home Advisor) where a couple asks their neighbors for handyman and then tells them to get quotes and book appointment for them.... Like do people need to be spoon-fed?

Not really. What is rude is someone taking the time to post a very helpful post and then another person not being bothered to read it and instead just ask questions expecting everyone to do the research for them

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Anyone sailed with Chris Williams? Apparently he'll be on the vista when I sail July 28th.

And I never knew or cared who the cruise director was until last summer - I cruised with just my teenage daughter with DR E on the Magic and he made that cruise so fun! I hadn't cruised since my divorce and the kids were little and I think we were so busy with family stuff we didn't make it to many events really... so we didn't even know who our CD was lol!

But this last cruise I had a lot of free time and met some great friends (still talk to and have visited out of state) and we al had a blast at Dr E hosted events!

We did the Eastern route with Dr E on the Magic and loved the ship so much and that we had planned to do the Western this year... then he got moved to the pride.

I loved the idea of the Vista and Matt M ... so we booked but then he got moved... we are happy with the Vista being new to us and the ports!

We haven't sailed yet and in theory we have had Matt, then Jamie D, and now Chris Williams, so who knows who we will actually get lol?

We'll have fun no matter what! But since dd willl be busy with teen stuff I'll attend more events and hope this guy can bring it :)