Thank you so much Angus Struthers....but...

Germancruiser

I think we all thank Angus Struthers for the time he took answering our questions. Very nice, very polite- " Very Marketing" !

Where there really answers- no there were not- it all could have read out of the Queens Magazin or the Cunard Brochure- or answered using the search functin on the Cunard board. Thank you anyway!

I agree 100%. Disappointing how vague and lacking any substance the replies were. All very polite and very “marketing”, but nothing was actually learned or resolved. Complete fluff. Worse than some of our American politicians! Saying something but not actually saying anything. Lol. I do appreciate the time though, but unfortunately that’s the best thing I can say.

Why would anyone assume the "answers" were provided by Mr. Struthers personally, rather than by the same Marketing Department (or PR staff) who create all Cunard's other marketing materials?

I would assume the answers were provided by him because this entire "visit" to Cruise Critic specifically states that he would be here to answer questions. It's not like he is well known or anything, or too high up to answer questions on CC. If this wasn't the case, Cruise Critic could have simply stated "Cunard's Marketing Department" will be here to answer questions. Perhaps we would have received better answers if it was the lower ranking marketing employees, but honestly I don't think it makes any difference when dealing with Cunard.

... If this wasn't the case, Cruise Critic could have simply stated "Cunard's Marketing Department" will be here to answer questions. Perhaps we would have received better answers if it was the lower ranking marketing employees, but honestly I don't think it makes any difference when dealing with Cunard.

Another illustration of the corporate culture of Cunard who evidently think that a "stiff upper lip" is best in all situations and that somehow anything but the most necessary communication is in some way unseemly.

I would assume the answers were provided by him because this entire "visit" to Cruise Critic specifically states that he would be here to answer questions. It's not like he is well known or anything, or too high up to answer questions on CC. If this wasn't the case, Cruise Critic could have simply stated "Cunard's Marketing Department" will be here to answer questions. Perhaps we would have received better answers if it was the lower ranking marketing employees, but honestly I don't think it makes any difference when dealing with Cunard.

Eroller, evidently you have a lot of faith both in Cunard and in Cruise Critic. For myself, I'm skeptical.

Eroller, evidently you have a lot of faith both in Cunard and in Cruise Critic. For myself, I'm skeptical.

Yes you’re probably right. Regardless of who answered the questions, one thing is for certain. They were lame.

Not sure why he bothered frankly (or was even invited).

He could have saved himself the time (and ours) by sending a standard Cunard press release along.

Oh, just realised, he did.

I haven't read any Q&As for other lines. Are they usually more responsive than Angus was? This one reminded me of the phone intercept that says "You are 96th in the queue. Please remain on the line as your call is very important to us."

I haven't read any Q&As for other lines. Are they usually more responsive than Angus was? This one reminded me of the phone intercept that says "You are 96th in the queue. Please remain on the line as your call is very important to us."
To which my comment is "If it is very important to you, why aren't you answering?". Angus Struthers (if indeed it was he), managed to use many, many words to say absolutely nothing.

It maybe my mistaken impression, but I feel that other lines do get more informative answers. But I must check and have a closer look. Better to judge by members/passengers responses to the answers given by the representative of the line I'd guess, as a guide to whether the statements were informative, or merely empty marketing waffle (as with Mr Struthers).

Edited by pepperrn

To which my comment is "If it is very important to you, why aren't you answering?". Angus Struthers (if indeed it was he), managed to use many, many words to say absolutely nothing.

I think these ambiguous fluffy answers left people more frustrated than before the Q&A. Worst of all I never got the feeling that I was actually heard. It's almost like a computer responded. Basically answering the same thing to every question but resolving absolutely nothing.

Having participated in these Q&A's before with other cruise lines, there is always some "marketing speak" but I've never seen it this bad. Other lines have been a bit more candid with their responses. Not hard to do in comparison to this.

Living all my life in a capital city, I have long found that the best questions always elicit the blandest "answers". Cruise Critic is as close to a buzz saw that any of these breezy marketing types probably come across so I suspect the intern tasked with replying to our queries was a bit overwhelmed. Like what is a "promenade deck like anyway?

How did Shakespeare so aptly say: " Much Ado About Nothing" - that sums it up pretty well!

Oh we all could tell what prommenade deck really is and looks.

If the new ship would get one- I am sure he would have said so- in whatever words- and in how many! :loudcry:

So he either doesn´t know as of yet- or he knows pretty well- and wont say!

If the new ship would get one- I am sure he would have said so- in whatever words- and in how many! :loudcry:

So he either doesn´t know as of yet- or he knows pretty well- and wont say!

Rest assured it won’t have one, not in the traditional sense. A narrow walkway behind lifeboats and a few patches with unobstructed views. That is the design trend and they won’t spend the $$ to make the new Cunard ship any different. Anyway it’s seen as a huge revenue enhancer during the lifetime of the ship. More balconies they can sell as unobstructed views.

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to confirm that we helped to set the Q&A up withAngus and he answered all of the questions himself. As we ran overslightly, he confirmed a response to the final thread that we posted onhis behalf.

Apologiesfor any confusion, it was an oversight and something that should have madeclear in the response.

We've noticed from these threads and for the questions that weresubmitted in advance (thanks to everyone who has contributed) that there are quitea few additional questions that you have for Cunard. If you would like anopportunity to have another Q&A with Angus or a senior representative,please let us know.

If you have any more questions inthe meantime please send through any questions to us directly at:customerservices@cunard.co.uk (UK guest) or guestrelations@cunard.com (US guest).

Many thanks

Cunard

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to confirm that we helped to set the Q&A up withAngus and he answered all of the questions himself. As we ran overslightly, he confirmed a response to the final thread that we posted onhis behalf.

Apologiesfor any confusion, it was an oversight and something that should have madeclear in the response.

We've noticed from these threads and for the questions that weresubmitted in advance (thanks to everyone who has contributed) that there are quitea few additional questions that you have for Cunard. If you would like anopportunity to have another Q&A with Angus or a senior representative,please let us know.

If you have any more questions inthe meantime please send through any questions to us directly at:customerservices@cunard.co.uk (UK guest) or guestrelations@cunard.com (US guest).

Many thanks

Cunard

Thank you for coming back and replying to this thread. That is very considerate of you and appreciated. Also the offer of another Q&A is thoughtful, but as you can tell from reading this thread most of us feel the Q&A was pointless because none of the questions were really answered, at least not in a direct, upfront, and transparent way. The answers we did receive were basically feel-good marketing fluff that never really addressed the concerns. So having another Q&A is fairly pointless unless you plan to be more forthcoming and upfront with your replies. I hope you understand that is the true desire of most of us here on Cruise Critic. Thanks again for your time.

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Cunard

Busted!