Guarantee Cabin ?

Leafpeeper

Been waiting for room assignment. When does Princess usually assign guarantee rooms? Would love an upgrade for our 50th anniversary celebration on Alaska cruise June 9. I can dream but will be happy just boarding the ship. Can't wait.

It can be anytime between booking and arriving at the pier. Some say that it bodes well to get a late cabin assignment--better chance of being upgraded. But some upgrades aren't great. We went from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one at the very front of the ship. It was probably the tiniest passenger cabin on the ship. I've never seen one smaller.

Princess is giving fewer upgrades to a higher type cabin. Most upgrades are within the cabin type, ie from a lower level Ocean View to a better location Ocean View.

Movement to a better type of cabin is usually via an upsell. So if they want to move people from an Ocean View to a Balcony, they offer the move for what they think they can get for it. We got one for a one week Alaskan cruise for $250 per person for OV to Balcony.

i got my cabin assignment for alaska leaving this wednesday (yay!) on thursday. so 6 days before.

i was upgraded from an obstructed ov guarantee to a full ov. probably because my booking is linked to 3 others who are all ov. i was moved down the hall from the rest of them.

Been waiting for room assignment. When does Princess usually assign guarantee rooms? Would love an upgrade for our 50th anniversary celebration on Alaska cruise June 9. I can dream but will be happy just boarding the ship. Can't wait.

We got a cabin assignment exactly 75 days out from our upcoming July Alaska cruise. That you haven't gotten yours for surprises me (but I'm a newbie, so I have no experience base besides my one cruise). So, probably any day, up until departure?

Checking the personalizer each day (usually more than once per day in my case) can be kind of a fun thing to do if you don't have your cabin assignment. We had a gty but it was a number of years back and the gty actually had a cabin number associated with it. Weird. We got a much better location shortly before sailing and were quite happy. I also had a nice surprise one time when we had booked a shorty cruise (all that fit with work at the time) and had just booked a forward, interior cabin on Lido deck. One day when checking my personalizer I discovered my cabin number had changed and we were suddenly in a handicapped accessible balcony cabin on Caribe deck. A multi, multi, multi category upgrade. The cabin was great as it was 1.5 times as big as a normal balcony and the extra big Caribe balcony was, obviously, 1.5 times as wide as normal.

was this thru a TA that just didn't notify you of the upgrade???

the 2 times we got a 'upgrade' - we got an email ourselves as we booked directly

one was a true upgrade, the other...meh:halo:

was this thru a TA that just didn't notify you of the upgrade???

the 2 times we got a 'upgrade' - we got an email ourselves as we booked directly

one was a true upgrade, the other...meh:halo:

I wasn't booked through a TA for the shortie cruise where we got the upgrade from inside to balcony. I also didn't get any email from Princess. It was a bit on the odd side but the upgrade was just "suddenly there" on the personalizer. If I wasn't someone who always checked I probably wouldn't have even noticed until I went to print out boarding passes and luggage tags.

Upsells are seemly common enough, as we get some type of offer many cruises.

Upgrade within category is what we got on this guarantee obstructed to dlx balcony we recently got.

True upgrade to a higher level we have seen only once on Princess.

They have yet to throw in a new car with the deal.

We appreciate all the info from posters. We previously booked balcony cabins on Princess so this is the first time with an OV guarantee.

Can't wait to sail Ruby June 9. It's like a kid's countdown to Christmas.

We appreciate all the info from posters. We previously booked balcony cabins on Princess so this is the first time with an OV guarantee.

Can't wait to sail Ruby June 9. It's like a kid's countdown to Christmas.

After you get your cabin assignment, please come back and post how it turned out.

In January we booked a GTY on a September cruise. The room number turned up in our personalizer two weeks ago,138 days out! I hadn't really expected to see it until after final payment, although I checked daily. It's exactly what we booked, although it's possibly the smallest obstructed ocean view on the ship, right at the front of the Lido, L102! I read on an old thread that as it's been assigned so early, this could change. I'm still checking daily, hoping for that elusive upgrade. I'd love a great upsell, but we got what we paid for at a good price, so no complaints.

Has anyone here ever had their GTY changed after early assignment?

We booked two guarantee cabins last week, for an Alaskan cruise that leaves in about a month. We booked the cheapest inside rooms available. :eek: It will be interesting to see what we end up with. I'll come back and post when we get our assignments. Should be interesting...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary. :) Inquiring minds want to know, did you get your cabin assignment? I hope you got a great one.