Wine Packages

crazytomatoes

I have seen reference to Princess wine packages (silver and Gold) here on Cruise Critic posted in 2017 but I can't seem to find anything newer here or on the Princess site. We are doing a 12 day cruise in 2019 and are wondering if this is still available??

Thanks

We will be on a 7 day cruise so can not buy a wine package. We do want to drink wine in MDR with our dinner. I know we can take two bottles for cabin on board with no charge. Can we bring several bottles and when we check in pay the corkage fee on those bottles and then take them to the dining room?. Do the waiters or assistant waiters uncork the bottle and also store what is left for the next night?

Can you please confirm that the cost noted above includes all taxes , gratuities , corkage etc. Can you purchase online, or do you have to wait to be onboard. How can we confirm that there is a package for a 33 day voyage........it seems to be a trifle arbitrary. If they do not hav3 it we will bring a couple of cases onboard and pay corkage. We too would liv3 to see a list if offered wines in the packages. Thx so much

We will be on a 7 day cruise so can not buy a wine package. We do want to drink wine in MDR with our dinner. I know we can take two bottles for cabin on board with no charge. Can we bring several bottles and when we check in pay the corkage fee on those bottles and then take them to the dining room?. Do the waiters or assistant waiters uncork the bottle and also store what is left for the next night?

They will open and store it.

Can you please confirm that the cost noted above includes all taxes , gratuities , corkage etc. Can you purchase online, or do you have to wait to be onboard. How can we confirm that there is a package for a 33 day voyage........it seems to be a trifle arbitrary. If they do not hav3 it we will bring a couple of cases onboard and pay corkage. We too would liv3 to see a list if offered wines in the packages. Thx so much

We are in the same quandary with a 60 night trip. From other recent threads on this subject, it can be iffy as to wether it is offered. Our plan is to bring our own wine (3 cases plus some nice high end bottles), and pay the corkage.

My only major complaint with Princess is their ambiguity with the wine package. If I can't know for sure that it will be offered, I will never take advantage of it. Not about to board a ship only to discover that a wine package is not an option. Such a bad marketing strategy that for the life of me I do not understand.

• Like 1

My only major complaint with Princess is their ambiguity with the wine package. If I can't know for sure that it will be offered, I will never take advantage of it. Not about to board a ship only to discover that a wine package is not an option. Such a bad marketing strategy that for the life of me I do not understand.

From the best I can gather, some of it has to do with how well the ship is stocked. On other threads they talk about buying the package at dinner even though it was not offered on one of the sales table the first day. In some ports it is just not possible to get good wines at a decent price before sailing, so you have to take your chances until you are in a better port or the package is available. In my other post on this thread, we are leaving from our home port so bringing wine is easy.

Just back from the Royal Princess and got the Gold Package for $336, as listed above. Wines up to $45. And if more, just pay the difference. Thought it was worth it. The one thing that disappointed us, was it could only be used in the dining rooms, and not in Vines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The one thing that disappointed us, was it could only be used in the dining rooms, and not in Vines.
There's no reason why you can't take a bottle from the MDR to Vines to enjoy there.
  • Like 1

We cruise quite often with Holland America as well. Never an issue with a wine package, nor with pre-ordering it. I can't understand why Princess can't figure it out. :confused:

I've seen posts where people bought the package and then found out the wines they liked were "out of stock" and they had to make due with whatever Princess had onboard.

• Like 1

There's no reason why you can't take a bottle from the MDR to Vines to enjoy there.

I agree Lew, you can take the bottle where ever you want after leaving the MDR. Just let the waiter know at the end of dinner you want to take the bottle with you.

Thanks for the info. To re-ask a question. I judge you cannot purchase these online? Otherwise they would know just how many bottles were pre ordered, and could perhaps plan restocking accordingly. We leave from fll. Just how hard can it be to get booze delivered!!?!! On the Royal if it matters.

I've seen posts where people bought the package and then found out the wines they liked were "out of stock" and they had to make due with whatever Princess had onboard.

Oh the Swill of it!:eek:

Thus the need for bringing our own (see earlier post). We can get some 10 to $15 bottles of wine on sale in SoCal that at $25 to $30 on board with corkage is far better than Princess' lower end wines.

Thanks for the info. To re-ask a question. I judge you cannot purchase these online? Otherwise they would know just how many bottles were pre ordered, and could perhaps plan restocking accordingly. We leave from fll. Just how hard can it be to get booze delivered!!?!! On the Royal if it matters.

It actually takes several months as Princess sends full containers to a port in front of the cruise ship. The container can take a few weeks or months to get to the location. Then there is the ordering that needs to take place in front of this along with the wines coming from several locations before they can be loaded into the container.

Who knew? Not me! Thanks rabbit for the education. I figured, leaving from California, wine capital of USA....bottle shops everywhere....what is the problem? Never considered having to have Italian wine sent to South America....figured it all went along for the whole ride! Still, other lines do not seem to have quite as much trouble it seems. I will try contacting 5he maître d a couple of weeks out to see what he knows. My biggest concern about taking my own cases onboard is....how to manhandle 2 or 3 cases at embarkation after being let off by a cab. After paying the corkage can they be sent immediately to the dining room? Couldn’t imagine having to hold them on my lap in lido at lunch!!? Thx for any insight.

Who knew? Not me! Thanks rabbit for the education. I figured, leaving from California, wine capital of USA....bottle shops everywhere....what is the problem? Never considered having to have Italian wine sent to South America....figured it all went along for the whole ride! Still, other lines do not seem to have quite as much trouble it seems. I will try contacting 5he maître d a couple of weeks out to see what he knows. My biggest concern about taking my own cases onboard is....how to manhandle 2 or 3 cases at embarkation after being let off by a cab. After paying the corkage can they be sent immediately to the dining room? Couldn’t imagine having to hold them on my lap in lido at lunch!!? Thx for any insight.

Problem with the package is not all wine on the list are in stock. We go to BevMo. They offer a BOGO plus additional 10% off when you buy a case. All wine are rated. We look for a 4.5 rating at $20. Never had a problem. They will box it for you. Just bring tape and wide felt tip pen to put your cabin number on the box.

I am glad it is still available, thank you for your responses. Does anyone have a list of wine that is available with these packages?

Is there a link anywhere to the wine selection in each package?

It was available in March on the Caribbean Princess. We got it. I believe as a general rule, it's only offered on cruises that are at least 10 days.

Almost all the Crown Med sailings this summer are sold in the 7, 14 or 21 day segments, but really are all 7 day cruises. Any idea if that would mean the wine packages would not be offered as a result:confused:

Almost all the Crown Med sailings this summer are sold in the 7, 14 or 21 day segments, but really are all 7 day cruises. Any idea if that would mean the wine packages would not be offered as a result:confused:

No idea from experience , but I would think if you're on a B2B it would be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk