Kids Club dinner

liddia

We are taking our three kids with us on a cruise next February. I know there is a way for the kids to have dinner with us in the MDR and then go to kids club.

We’ve ever taken our kids on a cruise before so I’m not quite sure how it works. Can someone fill me in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You take them to the buffet on the Lido deck at 6 pm and there will be a roped off area and a check in. They have a few choices of things that they can eat and they all sit at specific tables with the other kids. The counselors will then take them to camp (which opens at 7) and keep them til you pick them up.

Edit - sorry misunderstood your question I think. My answer was how kids club dinner works. If you want them to eat with you in the MDR just take them. It's pretty easy to have your appetizers while they have their main and your entree while they have dessert. Then just have one parent walk them to camp at 7 while the other orders dessert.

We do it all the time. Have dinner in the MDR, and then take them to Camp Ocean (or Camp Carnival -- they keep changing the name). A few times, they have been ready to go before we finished dinner and I've walked them up there and returned to the dining room.

As a side note, Royal Caribbean has this down to a science. They have "Family Time Dining," which is basically the early seating at 6pm, but the kids are served very quickly. They are done by 6:45 and kids' camp counselors are in the dining room lobby at that time. You just walk your kids to the lobby, sign them into camp, and off they go to play.

Having early dinner helps. Camp is closed at 5-7. Activities start getting underway at 7:30

They can eat at the buffet with the camp you deliver the kids to the buffet by 6pm they eat with the counselor who takes them back to camp at 7.

We keep the kids with us in the MDR then take them to camp when we are done

how old are the kids?

Having early dinner helps. Camp is closed at 5-7. Activities start getting underway at 7:30

They can eat at the buffet with the camp you deliver the kids to the buffet by 6pm they eat with the counselor who takes them back to camp at 7.

We keep the kids with us in the MDR then take them to camp when we are done

how old are the kids?

At the time of the cruise they will be 14 (she will likely stay with us), 9, and 7

At the time of the cruise they will be 14 (she will likely stay with us), 9, and 7

they are in separate camps 6-8 and 9-11 (the 9 can sign themselves in and out with your persmission and needs that in order to participate in the scavenger hunts.

camps do not take kids swimming. Nor are they allowed food and beverages in the camps (Water is provided)

we have always been done dinner by 7:15

make sure they order the kids banana split (off the kids menu) at least once during the cruise.

and ask the waiter if there is a table side magician onboard for your sailing. Its a way to get kids to move along during dinner

Usually seating for the kids camp dinner is limited and requires an onboard sign-up previous to the event as it is very popular on certain ships. Make sure you attend the the family orientation meeting they will go over any special events that require additional registrations or if a special activity has an additional fee.

Usually seating for the kids camp dinner is limited and requires an onboard sign-up previous to the event as it is very popular on certain ships. Make sure you attend the the family orientation meeting they will go over any special events that require additional registrations or if a special activity has an additional fee.

We've never had to sign out 3 kids up for kid's dinner, we take them most every night, they love it so much more than sitting int he MDR with us. The only thing I've had to sign up for was the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast

We've never had to sign out 3 kids up for kid's dinner, we take them most every night, they love it so much more than sitting int he MDR with us. The only thing I've had to sign up for was the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast
same

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

they are in separate camps 6-8 and 9-11 (the 9 can sign themselves in and out with your persmission and needs that in order to participate in the scavenger hunts.

camps do not take kids swimming. Nor are they allowed food and beverages in the camps (Water is provided)

we have always been done dinner by 7:15

make sure they order the kids banana split (off the kids menu) at least once during the cruise.

and ask the waiter if there is a table side magician onboard for your sailing. Its a way to get kids to move along during dinner

Carnival kids camps have always had snacks available. Pretzels and goldfish crackers and one other item that escapes my memory at the moment. I have never had my own kids in the youngest group, but the other two have provided snacks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app