Latitude Reward Benefits Specialty Dining Coupon Question

Chesneygirl

Both my husband and I are Platinum and our daughter who turned 18 years old is now also Platinum.

We will all be sharing a suite this summer on our cruise to Bermuda and my daughter plans to bring a friend along.

Will she be getting her own set of specialty dining coupons (dinner for 2)?

I feel like I should know the answer to this question but I don't want to assume anything. :)

Hmm interesting question. Normally it is one set of coupons per cabin, HOWEVER I have heard that if there are three or mroe platinum members in a single cabin NCL gives you a set of coupons for every 2 such passengers ensuring there are enough coupons for evey platinum to have at least two free meals.

Yes, if there are 3 platinums in a room then the third person gets their own meal coupons.

The details on the website have been changed to reflect this. I believe that it does say that the third persons coupons are only for one person, but they say the same thing if you are solo and you can bring someone else in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the revised FAQ's

"I am travelling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveller who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit."

Does she show as Platinum when she logs in or on your edocs? Reason I ask is our DD turned 18 last year right before the program change and should have turned Platinum but didn't. Under the new program they have to sail once then the Platinum status (or whatever level they are at) shows up. NCL has been giving me the run around on this.

Yes, if there are 3 platinums in a room then the third person gets their own meal coupons.

The details on the website have been changed to reflect this. I believe that it does say that the third persons coupons are only for one person, but they say the same thing if you are solo and you can bring someone else in that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the revised FAQ's

"I am travelling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveller who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit."

Thanks for the information! :)

Does she show as Platinum when she logs in or on your edocs? Reason I ask is our DD turned 18 last year right before the program change and should have turned Platinum but didn't. Under the new program they have to sail once then the Platinum status (or whatever level they are at) shows up. NCL has been giving me the run around on this.

I haven't booked the cruise yet. I was waiting until Monday to see if there will be an Memorial Day sales.

I assumed that she would be Platinum since my son changed over automatically when he turned 18. She did sail on the Breakaway last July just after her 18th birthday. I never checked to see if the switch had been made. Hmmmm now you have me curious.

What changed were made to the program?

There were many changes including new tiers and change in benefits.

As it related to when a youth turned Plat., when the program changed last Feb. the 18 y/o had to take one cruise to turn Platinum.

Before that it was they automatically turned Plat (or whatever level they were at) when they turned 18.

Since your DD took the BA trip after the program change and she was 18 she should be Plat.

Log her in on the NCL site and you can see her status.

In our case, DD should have gotten Platinum status Jan 2017 when she turned 18 but NCL has muffed this.

There were many changes including new tiers and change in benefits.

As it related to when a youth turned Plat., when the program changed last Feb. the 18 y/o had to take one cruise to turn Platinum.

Before that it was they automatically turned Plat (or whatever level they were at) when they turned 18.

Since your DD took the BA trip after the program change and she was 18 she should be Plat.

Log her in on the NCL site and you can see her status.

In our case, DD should have gotten Platinum status Jan 2017 when she turned 18 but NCL has muffed this.

Just a follow up to your question, I was able to confirm that my daughter is Platinum.

Just a follow up to your question, I was able to confirm that my daughter is Platinum.

Great. With the new time limits on getting past trips credited it is difficult to know for kids where they stand.

Still waiting for response from NCL after having to write them a letter.