What kind of butter with lobster?

shipty2

I am trying to recreate the formal night lobster dinner tonight. My DH loves the lobster they serve on Carnival ships but I have never eaten it myself. So what I need to know is what kind of butter is served with it? I know it is clarified butter but is there any garlic or anything in the butter? And how do you crack open the lobster so it looks like it is spilling out like in Wennfred's pics?

but maybe this will help?

CLARIFY BUTTER: Better Restaurants serve Clarified Butter as a dipping for Seafood's such as heated Lobster, Crab Meat, Shrimp, etc. Clarified Butter is less apt to give your stomach a greasy after effect as melted regular butter could.

To Clarify Butter; Melt 2 stick (½ lb.) butter under a medium-low heat in a fry pan then let it sit for a couple of minutes, then slowly pour out the clear butter (it will come out first from the frying pan) into a cup or small bowl and STOP pouring when you see the leftover white milky fat at the bottom of the pan (discard that part.)

http://www.cooking-lobster.com/cooking-lobster/crack-lobster.html

It's usually just the butter. But adding garlic wouldn't hurt.

To get that spilled out look, cut the tail down the center on the top, fold both sides back from underneath (like opening a paperback book), from the front (meatier part) down gently fork the meat out of the shell til it looks how you want it (be careful not to pull the meat all the way out).

This is (obviously) after it's cooked, so be careful if it's still hot.

Good luck.

I love, love, love, love, love lobster. I am originally from New England and I enjoy it every summer when I go back home to visit. The tail is great, but honestly, my favorite part is the claws (and my great aunt and uncle love the tamale, gross). Does anyone know what the suppliers of lobster tails to grocery stores do with the claws and torso. I doubt they go to waste, but I wonder...:p

It's usually just the butter. But adding garlic wouldn't hurt.

To get that spilled out look, cut the tail down the center on the top, fold both sides back from underneath (like opening a paperback book), from the front (meatier part) down gently fork the meat out of the shell til it looks how you want it (be careful not to pull the meat all the way out).

This is (obviously) after it's cooked, so be careful if it's still hot.

Good luck.

Thank you Martha :p

I'm a retired chef. I always make the clarified butter for lobster and other seafood. I use unsalted butter. After it's been clarified, I add a half teaspoon of lemon juice per half cup of clarified butter.

I'm a retired chef. I always make the clarified butter for lobster and other seafood. I use unsalted butter. After it's been clarified, I add a half teaspoon of lemon juice per half cup of clarified butter.

Listen to this guy as he knows of what he speaks. Actually, if you make your hubby lobster, you will probbly make him happier than the Carnival Lobsters. They cook so many of them that they seem a tad dry. don't get me wrong, they are good, very good. but, I would venture to guess if I was making one or two and picking them out myself that I would do a better job....more individual care...enjoy.

Hi Mattamber, the lobsters that carnival uses are not the same lobsters that we are used too up here, they use spiny lobster, no claws, so dont expect to see claws show up on your dinner plate.

I actually tried the lobster on our first cruise , but it was not the same taste as we are used to , as they steam it as well, around here we boil them in salted water, and that brings out the sweet taste in the meat.

Cotton-- I see you mention about being a retired chef, tell me , in your area how did they cook lobster? I have seen many ways of cooking them, ex. in seaweed, saltwater, seawater, steaming, boiling, as I said around here we boil them in salted water.

Anyway, catch you later.

Cotton-- I see you mention about being a retired chef, tell me , in your area how did they cook lobster?..

We drop them in a big pot of cajun-seasoned boiling water. Good, I guar-an-tee! Bon Appetit.:)

OK Cotton, now I have to know, what exactly do you use to make your cajun-seasoned water? In case you are wondering about my lobster ?'s , I am a lobster fisherman and new ways to cook them cant hurt.

We just recently tried cajun deep-fried turkey and it went off great, it is something that is totally new for our area, but from what I hear , you probably know all about it.

Catch you later, Ev.

Archived