Busiest Job on Golden Princess

Just off Golden today and I have to report the busiest guy on board would be the guy that has to go around the ship and put the "Under Maintenance" signs on the non-functioning equipment.

So many wash basin taps (including two in Horizon Court) were out of action for the entire 14 nights.

Then there were the problems with the lifts, carpet, non-flushing toilets, the pool that leaked into the staterooms below etc, etc .......

I never knew there were so many "Under Maintenance" signs kept on board :cool:

I think it is .... time ......

Just off Golden today and I have to report the busiest guy on board would be the guy that has to go around the ship and put the "Under Maintenance" signs on the non-functioning equipment.

So many wash basin taps (including two in Horizon Court) were out of action for the entire 14 nights.

Then there were the problems with the lifts, carpet, non-flushing toilets, the pool that leaked into the staterooms below etc, etc .......

I never knew there were so many "Under Maintenance" signs kept on board :cool:

I think it is .... time ......

Awww Dobby, did you have a good time?

I think Princess may leave all that work for P&O to fix:rolleyes:

I noticed lots of wear n tear and spas not working etc, thought they may have fixed them by now. Talk when when you have settled back home and had a good sleep;p

Those taps were out of action when we were on it a month ago for the whole 2 week trip around NZ - I wonder if it was strategic to control people flow in the food service area?? Ship was looking a little worse for wear and tear in places compared to when we were last on a couple of years ago..

We're on her in 10 weeks today. Hope things aren't too bad for us. I guess we board without too many expectations.

Leigh

I suppose that is one way to avoid disappointment, but I am sure you will be having a wonderful cruise despite some issues that may or may not affect certain aspects of the cruise.:D

Went on the golden in October 2016 for a 26 nighter and we all thought the ship was very tired indeed. In one of the pools there was missing tiles on the wall of the pool and one passenger told us the missing tiles were like that 3 years earlier. So much for maintenance. Wouldn't do the golden again unless it was put out of service and completely overhauled.

Don't worry Gut, the first cruise, no matter how bad is always wonderful.:cool:

Yeah never really had a bad cruise, sure sometimes one element or another might disappoint but I’m on a cruise being waited on hand and foot.

Got a text last night how much they were enjoying laying by the pool and their glass being refilled each time it got empty.

It’s a hard life, but I guess we only do it to keep the crew in a job.

We will not choose the Golden again either until work is done. The bathroom in our minisuite was in a bad way. Black in all the grout,broken tiles and the view of the under rim of the toilet when in the bath was discusting! When we complained to Princess - they thanked us for our feedback! They don;t seem to care like they did.

We will not choose the Golden again either until work is done. The bathroom in our minisuite was in a bad way. Black in all the grout,broken tiles and the view of the under rim of the toilet when in the bath was discusting! When we complained to Princess - they thanked us for our feedback! They don;t seem to care like they did.

That sounds terrible.

It makes one wonder if Princess have dropped the ball with the Australian based ships, Golden, Sea and Sea Princesses, i.e. low budget, food, entertainment, service, under trained crews etc. We do most of our cruising on the overseas 'American Princess ships. There is a marked difference all round.:rolleyes:

Some would disagree with my comments, but you need to cruise from both here and overseas on Princess to make an informed statement. Put it this way, the North Americans will not put up with rubbish. But for Australia, anything seems good enough.

It makes one wonder if Princess have dropped the ball with the Australian based ships, Golden, Sea and Sea Princesses, i.e. low budget, food, entertainment, service, under trained crews etc. We do most of our cruising on the overseas 'American Princess ships. There is a marked difference all round.:rolleyes:

Some would disagree with my comments, but you need to cruise from both here and overseas on Princess to make an informed statement.

I would generally agree with that cruise line, however some lines do send their good ships.

I would generally agree with that cruise line, however some lines do send their good ships.

True, they do, but Princess sends the worn out ones. At least the Majestic will be seen down here soon.:halo: Princess must read these boards, lol.:halo:

I suppose that is one way to avoid disappointment, but I am sure you will be having a wonderful cruise despite some issues that may or may not affect certain aspects of the cruise.:D

Thanks Mic, we have enjoyed our cruising even though have had a few small issues which were always resolved easily and promptly. We always have a positive attitude when holidaying, no matter what is thrown at us. It does seem by the reports lately that the Golden has not been maintained properly. We have friends on board at the moment so it will be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Leigh

Thanks Mic, we have enjoyed our cruising even though have had a few small issues which were always resolved easily and promptly. We always have a positive attitude when holidaying, no matter what is thrown at us. It does seem by the reports lately that the Golden has not been maintained properly. We have friends on board at the moment so it will be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Leigh

It would be interesting to hear what the issues are at the moment and to see if they are chronic (reoccurring) or just not repaired at all

True, they do, but Princess sends the worn out ones. At least the Majestic will be seen down here soon.:halo: Princess must read these boards, lol.:halo:

The Majestic Princess will be the newest princess ship here for a long time, I am looking forward to trying her albeit not until 2019.:D