Same Sex Wedding on board - experience with Celebrity ?

downundermatt

So it seems Australia is about to enter the modern world and legislate same sex marriage, hopefully by the end of the year.

Plan to marry my man early next year and am thinking about doing it on board Celebrity Solstice on our South Pacific cruise.

Hoping the Captain would not be uncomfortable marrying two men - because I want this to be a memorable experience, for the right reasons.

Has anyone been married on board (or attended a Gay wedding) that can put my mind at ease ??

So it seems Australia is about to enter the modern world and legislate same sex marriage, hopefully by the end of the year.

Plan to marry my man early next year and am thinking about doing it on board Celebrity Solstice on our South Pacific cruise.

Hoping the Captain would not be uncomfortable marrying two men - because I want this to be a memorable experience, for the right reasons.

Has anyone been married on board (or attended a Gay wedding) that can put my mind at ease ??

It won't be whether Australia allows your wedding but the Flag of registration of the ship.

X is offering Same-Sex marriages since October 2017, the first cruise line to do so.

While I have yet to attend one on X nor know of any couple who have had a ceremony performed, yet, I can assure you that it will be something great, as their, X's service is excellent.

Or shall I say that I would be surprized if it were anything less than what one would expect from this line.

Disclaimer: X is my line of choice, almost (95%) exclusively.

Let us know how you proceed and plan.

bon voyage