Welcome to your new home!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:16 AM.
Ottawa, Canada
11,457 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Hello All...........we missed a very important anniversary!! It was 10 years ago on September 18 that we all met. Where has the time gone??

We all got through the summer, now to knuckle down and get through the Winter....LOL...
We don't have much snow at this point....but we will be getting more as time goes on.

Well...hope everyone has had a great week. And...will have a great week ahead!!

Bye for now,
Joyce
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You only live once. But, if lived well, once is enough !
TOPEKA,KANSAS USA
12,319 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Hi there.

Warmer weather and some drizzle today. So kind of gloomy out.

I thought it was about ten years. Time has flown. So many thing have happened.

Gracie got an early Christmas present today. A new rug to lay on in front of the TV. I got one too. But it`s for under my chair.

Everyone getting Christmas shopping done? I a well on the way. Even have Jean`s birthday present taken care of.

Can relax in Vegas for a week now.

Think warm.

John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

" Here there be dragons"

Celebrity Summit December 2, 2017

Carnival Splendor January 12, 2019

1 MSC cruise
1 Disney cruise
1 Celebrity cruise
1 NCL cruise
2RCI cruises
4 Carnival cruises
6 Princess cruises

Princess Platinum
Charlotte, NC, USA
4,987 Posts
Joined May 2000
Hi Joyce and John,

I've been doing some research for our 5/22/15 Cruise on the Millennium to Alaska...getting excited for sure! We ended up getting decent air thru Celebrity's Choice Air...actually cheaper than I found on other sites. CLT to YVR and ANC to CLT: $577 per person. Not bad. It's up now so I'm glad I booked it when I saw it go below $600.

In October we went down to Orlando and met clients that I've never met before who actually live in Ottawa, actually in Orleans. They did a cruise from Quebec City down the New England coast and met us in Orlando. They had a timeshare and invited us to stay with them. We had a great time and in fact they are going with us to Alaska in May. I Joyce, I sure wish your cruise schedule could work with this Alaska trip. I still have some really great rates and right now Celebrity has Complimentary Beverage Package; Complimentary Gratuities AND $300 onboard credit! Since I held the group a long time ago I have rates that are way below the going rates...just a teaser from this end! Al is going and so is my friend Nancy, who you met in Rochester, and even almost-neighbors from Ottawa!

Yesterday I mailed a Christmas package to Sarah and family...or should I say to the star of the show: Skye and a little to Mommy and Daddy, and feel so good to have that accomplished with time to spare! YEA!

Hope all is well with everyone...and I agree Joyce, it's hard to believe it was 10years ago from my all time favorite cruise on our Hurricane Jeanne Century cruise! I've always loved that ship and too bad it is now in less than great repair and not getting so-so reviews. This Spring will be her last sailing before Celebrity sells her to another company. I have clients on that cruise and they have selected it for the itinerary and are hoping for the best as far as the condition of the ship. It is a President's cruise where the President of Celebrity will be sailing so I sure hope they go out with a great bang!

I better get working again, and hope everyone is having a nice Christmas Season so far!

Hugs,
Sharon
TOPEKA,KANSAS USA
12,319 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Hi Sharon.

Sounds like quite a trip. We will be coming back from one ourselves the week before. Going back to the B&B we went to last year. It will be our anniversary.

Ten years has flown. So many trips and cruises. It is a shame that Century has gone down hill and is being sold. We saw her in Alaska the last time we were there.

Sunday we are flying to Las Vegas. Spending a week seeing the sites. Hopefully we will be going with our friends who were just on our Nov cruise. Her dad is pretty sick. So don`t know if it will happen. We will find plenty to do if it is just the two of us.

We have gotten almost 3 inches of rain last night and today.. Glad it has stayed well above freezing.

Have a super weekend.

John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

" Here there be dragons"

Celebrity Summit December 2, 2017

Carnival Splendor January 12, 2019

1 MSC cruise
1 Disney cruise
1 Celebrity cruise
1 NCL cruise
2RCI cruises
4 Carnival cruises
6 Princess cruises

Princess Platinum
Charlotte, NC, USA
4,987 Posts
Joined May 2000
Hi, it's been a while and I've been on the boards more, but mainly on the thread for our Alaskan cruise and on the Alaska boards.

Business has been crazy busy, which is a great thing...and I will be ready for a vacation for sure!!

I can't remember if I mentioned this...we started out with the promotion giving a complimentary Beverage Package. Then they came out with the all inclusive 123Go Package, which gives the Beverage Package, plus Complimentary pre-paid Gratuities, and $300 OBC! It cost us $100pp to upgrade, so it was a no brainer. Since I booked really early, the rates for the Concierge Category were nice and low so it's a big win-win! We'll be leaving in just about 65 days. Yes I'm getting exciting!

Bye for now! Sharon