Use Port Everglades Garage to Drop Off?

57eric

I have read that it is not unusual to have to wait in line quite a while to drop off luggage and/or passengers at Port Everglades. I have also read that access to the Terminal 2 garage is very easy and that all you have to do is take the elevator down. It costs only $3 to park in the garage for up to an hour. If I am dropping off and parking off site, is there any reason I wouldn't want to drop off through the garage instead of curbside?

Thanks.

I have read that it is not unusual to have to wait in line quite a while to drop off luggage and/or passengers at Port Everglades. I have also read that access to the Terminal 2 garage is very easy and that all you have to do is take the elevator down. It costs only $3 to park in the garage for up to an hour. If I am dropping off and parking off site, is there any reason I wouldn't want to drop off through the garage instead of curbside?

Thanks.

Yes, very easy to enter the northport garage from Eisenhower Blvd. It is a left turn and straight up the ramp. Like you said you will have to pay the parking fee.

Thanks.

No reason to change your plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Curbside" dropoff at Terminal 2 is actually the ground floor of the garage, you just don't have to pay to drive through there. You drive to a bin and the longshoremen collect your luggage and tip. If you are parking elsewhere you really don't need to go up the ramp and pay extra for it.

"Curbside" dropoff at Terminal 2 is actually the ground floor of the garage, you just don't have to pay to drive through there. You drive to a bin and the longshoremen collect your luggage and tip. If you are parking elsewhere you really don't need to go up the ramp and pay extra for it.

Given the choice between waiting 30 minutes (potentially) and paying $3, I'll opt for the latter.