Parking at Port Everglades

mali06

We sail 1-28 on the Caribbean Princess. Normally, we would fly in and take a shuttle to the port. However, this is our first cruise as residents of Florida and we will be driving over. We want to park right on the port property. Can we get parking reservations or is it first come first served? We usually arrive between 10 and 10:30am. Is this early enough to get a spot if there are no reservations?

We sail 1-28 on the Caribbean Princess. Normally, we would fly in and take a shuttle to the port. However, this is our first cruise as residents of Florida and we will be driving over. We want to park right on the port property. Can we get parking reservations or is it first come first served? We usually arrive between 10 and 10:30am. Is this early enough to get a spot if there are no reservations?

We were on the Caribbean Princess last month for a 6 day cruise

I always park in the Parking Deck by berth 21. Yes you can find cheaper parking than the $15/day that they charge but I like the fact that it is a concrete covered deck and my car stays cool out of the sun. If the ship docks at another berth there will be a free shuttle to the deck where you parked.

If you have a lot of luggage the baggage handlers will bring it right to your vehicle and lift & load it for you. Of course we tip them but the service beats schlepping luggage to another location to save a few bucks.

At 10AM you should be fine as thousands of people are departing multiple ships. Write down the floor,section, and stairway where you parked. Don't be like all the other idiots pressing the alarm button on their remotes because they can't remember where they parked.

There were so many alarms going off I had to laugh because who knew which alarm sounding was their vehicle.

Enjoy your cruise

Howard

No problem getting a spot.

If you are at pier 2 or 4 park in the Northport garage. The entrance is on Eisenhower Blvd. Just pull in and park on one of the levels. Take the elevator down to the luggage drop off area. There is no luggage service in the garage.

If you are at one of the mid port piers you may have to show your passports and or boarding passes so have them ready. Park in the midport garage. Same as before, take the elevator down to the luggage drop of area.

If your ship departs from one pier and arrives at another there is a garage shuttle.

Pier assignments are shown on the Port Everglades website 7 days prior to sailing.

Remember to write down or take a cell phone photo of your parking location.

Parking at an off site location will save you some money, but isn't quite as easy, as you have to wait for their shuttle when you disembark to take you back to their parking lot.

We parked once at the deck near Pier 21. I took a photo of the level on my cell phone so we would remember. We were lucky in that we were on back-to-back short cruises. At the end of the first cruise, the ship docked at Terminal 2--close enough to walk to Total Wine for reinforcement of our wine supply. The ship was back where we started at the end of the second cruise.

There were plenty of spaces when we arrived around 11 a.m., although we had to circle up to around the fourth or fifth level.

For our cruises, the off-site parking facilities were charging a premium since it was during the Christmas and New Year's holidays. It was only a few dollars cheaper total for them, not half price like it is most of the time.

First come first serve. If your ship docks in a different place upon its return, there will be a shuttle to the parking garage.

We have had many occasions where we have left from one location and returned to a different one. Usually, it's from leaving from 21 and returning to 2. Our routine to avoid having to schlep bags on and off a shuttle is to drop the bags at the departure location and then drive to the returning location and taking the shuttle back. This way we can walk off with bags and walk quickly to the car.

If you do not want to bother with your bags, an easy solution is to follow the signs to the arrival area and go all the way back into the area under the garage where the porters are and drop off your bags. You can then drive around and back in to the parking area to park your vehicle.

First come, first serve.

If you are sailing from berth 2/4, you would want to park in the

north port garage.

You can check the berth assignment here:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

...7 days before sailing.

For the northport garage, it is better to enter from SE 17th Street Causeway,

as you don't have to pass through port security.

If you are parking in the midport garage, it doesn't matter how you enter

the port, as you have to go through security.

You can park off the property a half the price at ParkNGo :D

They have a free shuttle that which runs to any terminal the ships go to.

No need to call them after a return- they run all the time and they're only 5 minutes away.

Totally agree! ParknGo are fantastic. We use them whenever we fly or cruise out of FLL

Thank you everyone. You even answered questions I had not asked yet!!! We are definitely parking at the port as the whole reason for driving, now that we live in Florida, is MORE LUGGAGE. Therefore, I don't want to deal with it in a shuttle, especially when we disembark. This way Paul can drop us off with all of our luggage and go park. Then he can go get the car and pick us up with all our bags. Easy peasy! Thanks again all.

If you do not want to bother with your bags, an easy solution is to follow the signs to the arrival area and go all the way back into the area under the garage where the porters are and drop off your bags. You can then drive around and back into the parking area to park your vehicle.

This is exactly what we do when the ship leaves and returns to the same terminal. If you are lucky enough to be on the biggest Princess ship in port on each of the days, this works fine.....but, when you are in a smaller of the possible two Princess ships in port and they have different cruise lengths, you will most likely leave from 21 and return to 2 which makes our routine the one we use.

mali06

When you return and disembark, have one of the porters get your bags on his cart and he will take them all the way to your car in the garage and even load them for you. This makes it very easy.

Exactly what we do most of the time Dan unless we are doing a "walk off". What also makes it easy if you have Global Entry status. Last week we got from picking up our luggage to being in the car in 10 minutes by going through the GE line with a porter.

Have used ParknGo MANY times, and they are awesome.. plus so much cheaper.. don't hesitate to use them.. but use online reservation, as it saves money instead of going directly to the lot..

GREAT Advice & We will be using them in October for our 2 weeker!!

How about with kids going on freedom and would like to be able to drop off with luggage then park, then end of cruise pick up and luggage close to terminal exit.

I plan on parking at Port everglades since I need car seats etc any advice?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the great information. We are leaving on the Celebrity Silhouette on April 2 and driving to port with my wife who is handicapped and needed to know where and how to get parking near the ship. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Port Everglades website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/disabled-parking/) has an entire page on free parking for the disabled. Check it out to see if she qualifies.