Extra Wine on T/A Cruise with no corkage fee

Mayo21

I thought I read somewhere that on longer cruises, you could bring more than just the 2 bottles of wine per room, and not have a corkage fee. Anyone familiar with this? Also, can you bring wine onboard at any of the ports we visit without a fee! We leave in 3 weeks on the Regal’s 25 day Baltic Cruise!! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought I read somewhere that on longer cruises, you could bring more than just the 2 bottles of wine per room, and not have a corkage fee. Anyone familiar with this? Also, can you bring wine onboard at any of the ports we visit without a fee! We leave in 3 weeks on the Regal’s 25 day Baltic Cruise!! Thanks!!

My experiences have been that unless a longer cruise can be booked as multiple shorter cruises, then the fee free limit is 1 bottle per adult passenger.

If your 25 day cruise can be booked as a transatlantic & a Baltic cruise then you may be allowed 2 bottles per adult passenger. I wrote may be allowed because we’ve had it enforced both ways...sometimes 2 boarding passes resulted in allowing 2 bottles; sometimes it was only 1 bottle. Princess doesn’t have a written procedure on their website for these situations & bottle checkers can interpret the procedure differently.

I’ve been allowed to bring wine from ports on every cruise which is subject to a $15/bottle fee but has rarely been charged. We enjoy our wine at dinner so we either pay the fee when bringing it on the ship or in a dining room.

If bringing wine to take home & they want to charge the fee, they’ll store it for free & return it on the final night of your cruise.

When I go on a b2b, I print the second boarding pass. In the embarkation port, I get two bottles for me and two for my wife. If questioned during boarding, I pull out the second boarding pass and say on bottle each is for each leg. I have gotten some strange looks from the Princess people, but they have all let me go.

At some embarkation ports you can bring on more bottles, simply because no one is stationed at a table to charge you for the corkage before you board the ship. Last year 3 of my cruises were this way...Scandinavia, Majestic, South East Asia & a South America around the Horn. In fact in South America they were selling bottles as we were boarding the ship.

So many people grabbed a bottle or 2....

I have seen people post what I have above ...but nothing about not having to pay a corkage fee if you want to use it in the dining room...

Others also have posted about bringing bottles directly on the ship at ports without having to have them stored...again, just depends we have walked on with many a bottle and never were directed to the table and often a table is not there. I also noticed if you are one of the last to board in a port the odds are greater you will be taking your liquor to your room.

Edited by land lover

When I go on a b2b, I print the second boarding pass. In the embarkation port, I get two bottles for me and two for my wife. If questioned during boarding, I pull out the second boarding pass and say on bottle each is for each leg. I have gotten some strange looks from the Princess people, but they have all let me go.

I have embarked with extra bottles, not that I am trying to avoid paying the corkage it is just on many sailings they seem to not care..I have brought a case of baby sparkling cider and they never gave it a second look..honestly it looked like a bunch of Korbels, but still they let it go, without further inspection. But, yet I saw them shake every water bottle of another pax.

Often, they either do not have some there to collect the corkage fee or the person is not paying any attention to the passengers coming on

Thanks to all for replying...I’m hoping that because it’s a 25 day cruise, they’ll look the other way with our 6 bottles of wine.... they’re gonna still get plenty from us at the bars!!

Thanks to all for replying...I’m hoping that because it’s a 25 day cruise, they’ll look the other way with our 6 bottles of wine.... they’re gonna still get plenty from us at the bars!!

In Ft. Lauderdale there was a table set up to pay the corkage fees. While going through the scanner I did see some referred to the table. Don't be surprised. You should be able to carry on additional bottles in Copenhagen.

Often, they either do not have some there to collect the corkage fee or the person is not paying any attention to the passengers coming on

Also sometimes there is a line..so do you really want to wait?

I think it was about five years ago or maybe it is just on spring break/holiday cruises..but I swear in San Pedro after seeing our wine they led us to the table just when we had our 2 and they asked our room number. I asked why and was told. if they found more in our checked luggage that we would get charged corkage.

I think it was about five years ago or maybe it is just on spring break/holiday cruises..but I swear in San Pedro after seeing our wine they led us to the table just when we had our 2 and they asked our room number. I asked why and was told. if they found more in our checked luggage that we would get charged corkage.

Shows how every cruise is different because we just sailed from San Pedro two weeks ago, and we looked for the wine table and couldn't find one. Which worked out the same for us really because we took it to the dinner table and since it didn't have a sticker, they just charged us there which was fine and expected. When you bring a wine that costs $30 ashore, but Princess changes $60-100, then paying the extra charge is fine with us, and we get to enjoy the brands of wine we like not some random brand onboard. (We do also bring wine that costs less than $15, but would still cost more onboard.)

The day we visited San Francisco, we went to Napa and brought back 4 more bottles, but didn't see anyone at a table which would have been fine if there had been one because we would have had them store them since we were taking them home.