"Interesting" Pride review- especially the first paragraph!

Host Dan

I cannot imagine anything so out of character and revolting. I would have the Maitre d's coat in my grip and we would both march up to the Hotel Manager's office and stay there until satisfactory answers were given. All night if necessary.

Curious about embarkation, no flu form completed? No names checked off?

I found the first paragraph to be incredulous. Why would the sommelier say such outrageous things, unless she was not of sound mind?! Why would the OP's partner keep quiet if the accusation was entirely proposterous? Perhaps this story was a joke, or we simply don't have the full story...

Since I prefer not to immediately suspect a poster who takes the time to write a review, I will respond as if this occurred. It is outrageous beyond belief and I fully agree that action should have been taken.

I also think that even if passengers have a 'problem' in this arena, if they are not causing behavioral issues or problems for others, it is not the purview of a hospitality agent [hotel, ship,etc] to remark on it. Perhaps this sommelier was on a crusade based on her own life ???

Having cruised since 1969, I can't imagine this ever happening. And since the wine stewardess would likely benefit from someone perhaps wanting to buy more booze, I really cant imagine this.

As a journalist, this just doesn't pass the "smell" test."

If it's true, the poster needs to contact Seabourn immediately and this person needs to be dismissed.

I'll just go on thinking this wasn't the whole story or someone is posting hooey.

This is so far from reality.

Sounds like something posted by a competitor who's losing business to Seabourn.

I would agree with this, except it sounds so far fetched and almost crazy, to me. If there is truth behind it, Seabourn would know exactly who this sommelier is, and as no doubt it has been read by them, would be doing something about it?

I would have expected a competitor to write something which sounded more likely.

I really cant believe that "anyone" in here is actually giving that report ANY credence what so ever! If ANY posts should be deleted, as we know lots are in here, this one most certainly should be! Why is this BS still here?

Agree, and it is not like the fabulous host has not read this. I was surprised the review survived past any editor. So they post anything by anybody for the world to read?

I am unsure about this - it is not on our regular board, but under 'member reviews' at the top, which in the UK seems to originate there?? Who edits these, if anyone?

I have seen some pretty peculiar reviews by this means in the past, much more than on this way of reviewing. I tend to look at it occasionally for lines which do not feature here, like Saga in the UK, which we occasionally think of using.

I cannot believe for one moment that a discussion by any member of staff on a Seabourn ship took place as described.

Perhaps there was some misunderstanding - 'lost in translation' type banter - or similar. Or we don't have the full story.

But as the account is written, I can't believe it.

Is there a reason that the reviewer is not listed on the members list?

As I understand it, a reviewer doesn't have to be a registered member of the forum. Or if they are a member, they can choose to use a different name to post reviews.

I would love to hear from Host Dan what the rules/guidelines are for posting reviews. Even without the suspicious first paragraph I found the review quite odd and incomplete. I will say this though, there is a female sommelier on the Pride(we sailed with her 18 months ago) and while she seemed lacking in the department of "personal relations skills" I have a hard time imagining her saying something like this to a passenger.