Seabourn Quest January 13, 2016

cruiseTN

Hi!

We are Nancy and Calvin, retired and living in northeast TN. We have booked the January 13, 2016 Antarctica cruise on the Seabourn Quest and are really looking forward to it. We took a similar cruise in 2008 and loved it except that we weren't able to get off the ship while in the Antarctic. This voyage includes zodiac landings so we are excited!

Anyone else booked this cruise?

Will this be your first Seabourn cruise?

If so you may be eligible for a referral coupon $400 on board credit

If not you will be eligible to offer one!

Either way the $400 OBC is particularly handy for the unlimited internet access package, we find!

The Antartic on the Quest is on our bucket list - and pretty close to the top, getting closer :)

Will this be your first Seabourn cruise?

If so you may be eligible for a referral coupon $400 on board credit

If not you will be eligible to offer one!

Either way the $400 OBC is particularly handy for the unlimited internet access package, we find!

The Antartic on the Quest is on our bucket list - and pretty close to the top, getting closer :)

Please explain about referral credit in some detail. I, too, have just booked my first Seabourn cruise and do not understand how this works and how to put in place, Many thanks.

Please explain about referral credit in some detail. I, too, have just booked my first Seabourn cruise and do not understand how this works and how to put in place, Many thanks.

Thanks for letting us know about the credit! This is our first Seabourn cruise. Please let me know what we need to do to get the refund.

On this (Seabourn) section of the forum you will find a 'sticky' thread at the top called (something like) 'Referral coupon thread - the only one' which will explain this arrangement.

Basically anyone who has sailed on Seabourn can provide a coupon for any new Seabourn client prior to their first cruise, which gives $400 on board credit to both the new cruiser and the referrer (on their next subsequent cruise). If you post on there, asking for a coupon, someone will offer you one. You then send this to Seabourn prior to your cruise and you should receive the OBC. The referrer will then receive their credit toward their next booking.

Everyone wins!

But you cannot combine this with a credit you get from your TA -- must select one or the other.

I do not believe this is true. A credit purchased by your TA is like cash and has nothing to do with credits issued by Seabourn itself. You cannot combine the referral credit with an Amex Platinum credit, for example, or any other promotion SB may be offering.

See the following quote from the letter that Seabourn sent with a batch of coupons a couple of months ago:

" referral credits are not combinable with any other onboard credit."

From what I have heard they do make an exception for CCL shareholder credit.

In the recent past, you could indeed combine the Stock Holder credit and any credits you got directly from Seabourn. But the latest letter I received last week w/ my coupons was pretty explicit:

"Referral onboard credits are not combinable with any other onboard credits."

I do not know if they have changed the policy as the back of the coupons still has the same language it has for several years.

See the following quote from the letter that Seabourn sent with a batch of coupons a couple of months ago:

" referral credits are not combinable with any other onboard credit."

From what I have heard they do make an exception for CCL shareholder credit.

This does NOT refer to oboard credits purchased by your TA or anyone else. Those are like cash. It on;y refers to other credits that Seabourn is paying for like the Amex Platinunm credit or another credit they may be offering.