Walk to pier from Penn Station?

hansolosmom

Its quite a few blocks from Penn to the pier. Google Map it and you will see what I mean. I sure would not want to hike it dragging our suitcases along the city streets.

I agree...Google Maps would show it is a pretty solid hike. Not a problem without bags and mobility issues...

Take a taxi so much easier. Like the others have said without bags its no problem. But with bags, it's a long hike pulling them through traffic on uneven surfaces all the while trying not to run other pedestrians over with your suitcase. Then you can add the weather factor in, if your cruise is in the summer NYC can be really hot and stuffy, imagine how sweaty you'll be by the time you arrive to the cruise terminal. Lol. To the contrary in the winter it's really nippy and the wind that funnels in between the buildings is wicked. By the time you arrive to the terminal your hand will be frozen solid to the suitcase handle. Lol

So spend the $10-$15 bucks for a taxi/uber to the terminal. You can even save a few bucks and have them drop you off across the street from the terminal, that way you won't rack up the price while waiting for the light at the ramp up to the terminal to change. I swear it's a minimum of 6lights before you get through.

Enjoy your cruise!