Cheers program

Rocky123

I'm planning to buy the CHEERS program for my son who is 25 years old on a 7 day cruise.

Myself and DH do not drink. Did anyone ever not get charged for all 3 in the same room with the CHEERS PROGRAM?

I read years ago that a doctors note would help but read this won't apply now.

Any ideas or did anything work for you!

I know some have had successes with various excuses but I think that is a thing of the past.

People say they get a doctors note, but really? How many people don't follow doctors recommendations? Working in the medical field for 25 + years I have seen trach patients smoking, diabetics drinking and let's not even start with pregnant women doing things that are not recommended . Hence that reason that is no longer a valid exemption.

If you are all three are booked in the same stateroom and two don't drink then there is no price savings to purchase cheers for everyone . It would actually cost more as the break even point is around 7 drinks.

And you can't have a "doctors" note not to drink and then purchase a drink.

Just budget for sons drinking and have a wonderful cruise.

I'm planning to buy the CHEERS program for my son who is 25 years old on a 7 day cruise.

Myself and DH do not drink. Did anyone ever not get charged for all 3 in the same room with the CHEERS PROGRAM?

Everyone will get charged.

Here's an idea though...you can get him Cruise Cash/Bar Cruise Cash and that can be used for his drinks.

My suggestion...If you paid for his cruise - that's enough.

at 25yo- he buys his own drinks. Welcome to the adult world.

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

From what I understand, they do not accept Drs notes anymore. The only way around it is to book him in his own cabin.

Don't think there are any loopholes, no matter what. But...depending on the cruise, it might be cheaper to get him his own room and pay for him only. If it's not cheaper, it might be the same and would give y'all 2 showers instead of 1 for the 3 of you. :D

Sounds like he is already getting a cruise gift. Why not continue the splurge and tack on tasty beverages. What is wrong with gifts? Please.

Isn't it possible the the son paid for the cruise and the parents are giving him a gift. So many possibilities without making assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he is already getting a cruise gift. Why not continue the splurge and tack on tasty beverages. What is wrong with gifts? Please.

Maybe he is paying is way on the cruise. I am paying my way for my upcoming cruise and my drink package but my parents paid for my excursions for my birthday and I'm 26. Insert your foot in your mouth. If the rolls were reversed and he was paying for his parents everyone would say "Awww that's so nice. Wow you are a great son." They are being nice parents. Let them live and ask a simple question...

I often buy things for my kids because I make a lot more money than they do.

They all live active productive lives on their own and take care of their own bills, but they have house notes, car payments, cable bills, etc that I do not have. So they do not have the luxury of a whole lot of extra cash.

In the end, it will be theirs anyway, why not enjoy getting to see them use it.

I would not buy cheers for any of them as i am called the alcohol ****, but I really don't think any of them would be interested.

Just to be clear, they are adults and if they want cheers they are free to buy it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Who says the parents paid for the son's cruise? It could be the son treated the parents and this is their way to pay a little back. The fact is we don't know the details and many of you are being presumptuous and rude. Not to mention failing to answer the question the OP actually asked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

19 replies and only 3 on-topic answers. That has to be a record for a CHEERS-related question.

In summary, all guests over 21 in a cabin must purchase CHEERS. Doctors notes, pregnancy, recovering alcoholics, allergies, etc will unlikely be accepted as reasons for exception to a very clear (and purposeful) rule.

Maybe the best option is just to give him onboard credit equal to what you would have spent on buying him Cheers. That way, he could use it on anything on the ship. I know my DH & I together don't have a bar bill high enough to warrant buying Cheers.

Maybe the best option is just to give him onboard credit equal to what you would have spent on buying him Cheers. That way, he could use it on anything on the ship. I know my DH & I together don't have a bar bill high enough to warrant buying Cheers.

I think this is an excellent idea.

However, with the expanded Cheers program that includes soda's, coffee's, virgin drinks and more you might want to look into what the new program covers and see if it could work for the whole family.

But I think the OBC on his folio is a great gift.

Here's an idea... have your 25 year old son grow up and buy his own drinks.

Wow, judge much. I have bought drink packages for my children when they sail with me, I have also had them buy a package for me. Since when is a nice gesture not being grown up. Sometimes people do nice things for other family members, it is a shame you have not experienced it.

To the OP, I agree with some of the other posters, It may be more financially beneficial to give him the OBC and do a pay as you go plan.

Edited by dacsmom