De Palm Island Family Day

lucigo

We were in Aruba in April and I wanted to share that De Palm island is an awesome family excursion. I had been a bit concerned because unlimited alcohol is included in the excursion price, however it was completely a family atmosphere. The kids loved the water park. The snorkeling was amazing. The food was adequate. I made a little walk through video in case you are interested.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Can you tell me if you would recommend this excursion for 13 and 10 year old boys? Do you think they would be bored? Does it include snorkeling gear? Thank you!!

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app

Snorkel gear is included with no additional cost. They'll love being able to immediately being able to see lots of colorful fish from any of the snorkel docks! :D

• 9 months later...
We were in Aruba in April and I wanted to share that De Palm island is an awesome family excursion. I had been a bit concerned because unlimited alcohol is included in the excursion price, however it was completely a family atmosphere. The kids loved the water park. The snorkeling was amazing. The food was adequate. I made a little walk through video in case you are interested.

I realize this thread is from last year, but just wondering a few things...

You can go out and snorkel at any time right? Like you don't have to take a guided tour correct?

Did you find that the food was good?

How long in the ferry ride?

I realize this thread is from last year, but just wondering a few things...

You can go out and snorkel at any time right? Like you don't have to take a guided tour correct?

Did you find that the food was good?

How long in the ferry ride?

Yes, you can snorkel anytime and as often as you please.

The food was OK .... not outstanding but not bad.

The ferry ride is VERY short ... maybe 5-10 minutes at the most.

We've always found De Palm Island a very enjoyable place to spend the day. :D

Yes, you can snorkel anytime and as often as you please.

The food was OK .... not outstanding but not bad.

The ferry ride is VERY short ... maybe 5-10 minutes at the most.

We've always found De Palm Island a very enjoyable place to spend the day. :D

Thank you. It looks like a lot of fun. They even have breakfast as well. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We'll be in Aruba in the spring on a cruise and normally enjoy the beach. Was thinking about doing Depalm Island and wanted to know if this is doable on your own. Does a taxi or bus go to the ferry? How often do the ferry's run. As usual don't want to risk missing the ship. we normally do excursions on our own and RC offers a four hour trip there to Snuba but this seems like a place that I'd like to spend more than four hours. Any help with ideas welcome. Thanks!

We'll be in Aruba in the spring on a cruise and normally enjoy the beach. Was thinking about doing Depalm Island and wanted to know if this is doable on your own. Does a taxi or bus go to the ferry? How often do the ferry's run. As usual don't want to risk missing the ship. we normally do excursions on our own and RC offers a four hour trip there to Snuba but this seems like a place that I'd like to spend more than four hours. Any help with ideas welcome. Thanks!

If by doing on your own you mean booking with the vendor "DePalm" to pick you up and take you there, then yes (I assume they do that right from the cruise port...you could look online and see. They do a majority of the tours in Aruba to just about everywhere). If you mean on your own by renting a car and driving there yourself...I guess it would depend on how long you are in port. I personally wouldn't want the hassle of doing it and having to return the car and so on, but that's me. Signage in Aruba...well, it really sucks! There's no signs that tell you where to turn for anything around there. You have to kinda "wing it". I think the cost of having someone take me there would definitely be more worth it than trying on my own if your on a time frame. I would just contact DePalm Tours if I was you. JMO

Thanks for the reply, by my own I was thinking bus or taxi. I've taken the bus the opposite way to Eagle or Palm Beaches before but never the other way. I'll look into the DePalm website and check out their transportation.

Oh ok .Yea, I know the bus goes out the other way (toward Baby Beach), but I don't think it would turn off and head toward the direction of DePalm and it's really not walkable (in my book). I could be wrong though. I have heard others say taking the bus that way is time consuming. I wouldn't want to try it. I'm not sure how much it would cost for a taxi though. You might try posting on the board, under your own thread, to see if anyone knows the cost of a taxi to there. Maybe someone has tried it before.

I think the logical way is to just book with DePalm for the entire trip.

• 2 months later...
DePalm is an amazing place for anyone wondering. The snorkeling was great and everything there is to do there is wonderful. We spent the entire day there and loved it. I highly recommend it. HERE'S my review with a link to pictures.

As my wife and I are 60 and 70 I'm curious if this is geared more for younger people? We do like to sit on the beach, swim and snorkel so would appreciate your opinion.

As my wife and I are 60 and 70 I'm curious if this is geared more for younger people? We do like to sit on the beach, swim and snorkel so would appreciate your opinion.

I personally feel like it's geared to please everyone of all ages. They feed you breakfast at a huge dining area over looking the water and you can eat lunch and snacks all day and drinks as well. There's several beaches with little cove areas to hang out in and then the snorkeling. You can even do snuba diving as well (I really wish I would have done this the day we were there...it was an awesome place to snorkel and I can imagine how great it would have been to snuba there).

Yes, they do have the waterpark for the kids and also a zip line and other games to play like beach volley ball and stuff, but still, there's plenty there for everyone. :)

I personally feel like it's geared to please everyone of all ages. They feed you breakfast at a huge dining area over looking the water and you can eat lunch and snacks all day and drinks as well. There's several beaches with little cove areas to hang out in and then the snorkeling. You can even do snuba diving as well (I really wish I would have done this the day we were there...it was an awesome place to snorkel and I can imagine how great it would have been to snuba there).

Yes, they do have the waterpark for the kids and also a zip line and other games to play like beach volley ball and stuff, but still, there's plenty there for everyone. :)

Thank you Mitsugirly, that's just the info i was looking for. Going to book it thru RCI now.