Avalon Gratuities

Ontario Cruiser

Just wondering how many prepay their gratuities? If paying on board how many euros do you pay per day total. Thanks Ontario Cruiser

It is probably a personal preference, but we always pay in advance, which is just another thing we don't have to worry about on board at the end of the trip. We get an envelope that we personally hand to the different people that indicates to them that we have pre-paid. I believe they set a daily rate that they expect guests to pay. Of course, you can add more or decrease the amount if you want. And then, if there are any special people (such as the steward who takes care of your room or a bar tender who pays special attention to you), we always have cash that we give them at the end of the trip.

Cole

I pre-paid mine so I didn't have to worry about it. In my travel packet there were some slips to put into the gratuity envelope that stated I prepaid. The packet also recommends 3 Euro a day per passenger for the Cruise director and 12 per day per passenger for the remainder of the crew. So for two 30 Euro a day.

I know I have this written somewhere....

But since we're talking about it...

I think that all gratuities for hotels, luggage transfer, etc that were booked through the cruise are included, right?

What about guides & drivers for included tours?

I think on some cruise lines the cruise director gratuities are not included...how about on Avalon?

Thanks,

Chris

I know I have this written somewhere....

But since we're talking about it...

I think that all gratuities for hotels, luggage transfer, etc that were booked through the cruise are included, right?

What about guides & drivers for included tours?

I think on some cruise lines the cruise director gratuities are not included...how about on Avalon?

Thanks,

Chris

My experience is a bit of both, but we usually tip the guide.

JC