Millennium and Solstice back to Europe 2018?

shipfriend_max

(no new ships coming in 2018 that I've heard about)?

Err... what about Edge class in the autumn of 2018?

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1130

Mmm very interesting, both are the first ships in their particular class. I would think and hope that they are place holders.

After what's happened with Equinox next year, I wouldn't bet on anything presently. Who knows where X are planning to put their ships. On Connie last month, I was informed that one of the S class ships currently based in Europe would be replacing another ship's routing in the future. Not stating all the details because you can never tell if it's just the rumour mill at work. No doubt I'll be able to see if it's factual or not when the new itineraries start filtering through at the end of this year ;).

Err... what about Edge class in the autumn of 2018?

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1130

After what's happened with Equinox next year, I wouldn't bet on anything presently. Who knows where X are planning to put their ships. On Connie last month, I was informed that one of the S class ships currently based in Europe would be replacing another ship's routing in the future. Not stating all the details because you can never tell if it's just the rumour mill at work. No doubt I'll be able to see if it's factual or not when the new itineraries start filtering through at the end of this year ;).

Correct, rumours do start and get perpetuated easily, time will tell what will really happen.

Celebrity has denied all rumours.

We are more than just mildly interested as we are booked April 29, 2018, on the Solstice from Honolulu to Vancouver. Will closely follow this developing issue.

We will also be closely following!! We booked the Honolulu to Vancouver on 4/29/2018, as a replacement for our Equinox 2017 which was cancelled!

We are more than just mildly interested as we are booked April 29, 2018, on the Solstice from Honolulu to Vancouver. Will closely follow this developing issue.

Come join our great roll call! We're proceeding full speed ahead until we're officially told otherwise. :)

Great news, we are also on that cruise and our planning will continue as per normal.:D

18 months out is too long a time to consider any cruise locked in. The Equinox had a number of cruises cancelled when it was determined to leave her in the Caribbean. X cancel cruises due to chartering on a regular basis. If the Solstice does change her itinerary and go to Europe instead of the USA in April 2018 it will be a fabulous cruise to take from Sydney to the Med. Will keep my eyes open because I have to be in UK in May 2018. If it does happen I hope they don't consider it a repositioning cruise with no perks

Edited by Beanb41

18 months out is too long a time to consider any cruise locked in. The Equinox had a number of cruises cancelled when it was determined to leave her in the Caribbean. X cancel cruises due to chartering on a regular basis. If the Solstice does change her itinerary and go to Europe instead of the USA in April 2018 it will be a fabulous cruise to take from Sydney to the Med. Will keep my eyes open because I have to be in UK in May 2018. If it does happen I hope they don't consider it a repositioning cruise with no perks

I would be interested in that as well, chances are it would go to Singapore first and then onto Dubai.

That Millennium is going to sail Europe in 2018 is very unlikely, she is not listed there anymore in 2018, and they could not cancel all those itineraries planned until May 2018...

But INFINITY is listed on different Med ports in 2018 - Gibraltar and Nice for example.

Someone mentioned above an S-class ship currently serving Europe will fit in for other itineraries.

So maybe that one will be replaced by Infinity in Europe.

Equinox is listed at St. Maarten throughout the summer season 2018. So pretty unlikely to have her in Europe again.

Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection are listed on Northern Europe, Connie in Med for 2018.

Seems there will be some major shifting on the ships deployments...

So Europe might be served by the following ships:

-Reflection from Southampton

-Silhouette?

-Solstice from Amsterdam

-Connie and Infinity from different ports in Med

Eclipse to Alaska????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

We will also be closely following!! We booked the Honolulu to Vancouver on 4/29/2018, as a replacement for our Equinox 2017 which was cancelled!

I took so much advantage of the Equinox out of MIA. Got the GO BEST Promo and pricing that was Low..... So booked 31 days (11, 10, 10) H

If it does happen I hope they don't consider it a repositioning cruise with no perks

It will definitely be a re-positioning cruise, in 3-4 segments. e.g. all the Constellation Singapore-Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi-Civitavecchia are repo cruises with no perks. Plus they will be quick sellers at nose-bleed prices (Bucket List!!) so no need to sweeten with perks.

That Millennium is going to sail Europe in 2018 is very unlikely, she is not listed there anymore in 2018, and they could not cancel all those itineraries planned until May 2018...

But INFINITY is listed on different Med ports in 2018 - Gibraltar and Nice for example.

Someone mentioned above an S-class ship currently serving Europe will fit in for other itineraries.

So maybe that one will be replaced by Infinity in Europe.

Equinox is listed at St. Maarten throughout the summer season 2018. So pretty unlikely to have her in Europe again.

Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection are listed on Northern Europe, Connie in Med for 2018.

Seems there will be some major shifting on the ships deployments...

So Europe might be served by the following ships:

-Reflection from Southampton

-Silhouette?

-Solstice from Amsterdam

-Connie and Infinity from different ports in Med

Eclipse to Alaska????

I think it all has to do with world security. Equinox came back to the USA for that reason. Are radical activities going to quiet down or expand in Europe. 8 to 10 more major events could be a determining factor. It only takes a 5% change in bookings for a big effect to happen. 95% of the people are not effected, but doubt creates delay in some cruisers. H

Take Florida. Their hotel bookings are off 15% over the last two months and future bookings just because of Zika virus. H

I think it all has to do with world security. Equinox came back to the USA for that reason. Are radical activities going to quiet down or expand in Europe. 8 to 10 more major events could be a determining factor. It only takes a 5% change in bookings for a big effect to happen. 95% of the people are not effected, but doubt creates delay in some cruisers. H

Take Florida. Their hotel bookings are off 15% over the last two months and future bookings just because of Zika virus. H

But I don't think explains moving a ship from Alaska to Europe.:confused:

But I don't think explains moving a ship from Alaska to Europe.:confused:

At first, it will be just a swap.

Silhouette is likely to be replaced by Solstice out of Amsterdam, Silhouette might sail elsewhere in Europe or where ever.

So Solstice will sail Northern Europe in summer...

All in all the capacities in Europe seem to be stagnated by Celebrity.

One ship less in 2017 and 2018, compared to the other years, and apparently no Solstice Class will sail Med in summer 2018. Just Infinity and Constellation, as it looks so far...

Of course X could simply be reducing capacity in Europe due to increased competition and capacity from the likes of MSC/NCL/Costa. Certainly the UK market has seen some really well priced packages for late 16 through 17, not after final payment either. Europe is in danger of being saturated like the Caribbean market with too many berths available for the market.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, still very confused about this reasoning, if Europe is too dangerous or the market is too saturated why would they be sending the Solstice there instead of Alaska, doesn't make sense to me. Fair enough they pull out the silhouette and the eclipse or the equinox but why put another ship back.:confused:

Of course X could simply be reducing capacity in Europe due to increased competition and capacity from the likes of MSC/NCL/Costa. Certainly the UK market has seen some really well priced packages for late 16 through 17, not after final payment either. Europe is in danger of being saturated like the Caribbean market with too many berths available for the market.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

We will see what happens, but I find it interesting to see that there's no Solstice Class ship listed for Med in 2018, which indicates that one will be based there.

Reflection and Solstice are listed at Gibraltar, but very likely just for the fall season.

And I am wondering about Alaska: Just with two ships? Or three ones, 1x Millennium Class, 2x Solstice Class??

My prediction:

-Reflection: Europe from Southampton, TA, Caribbean

-Silhouette: Europe from ??, Ta, Caribbean/Panama??

-Eclipse: Alaska from Seattle??, Panama Canal, Hawaii, Transpacific, Australia/NZ

-Equinox: Caribbean

-Solstice: Europe from Amsterdam and Rome, TA, Caribbean?? Or back to Australia

-Constellation: Europe from Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Suez/Arab/Asia

-Summit: Northeast (Bermuda, Canada/NE) from C. Liberty, Caribbean from San Juan

-Infinity: Europe from Rome, TA, Panama Canal, South America

-Millennium: Alaska from Vancouver and Seward, Transpacific, Asia/Far East

That would mean a stagnation in Alaska, but not in Europe, in fact one ship would be added in 2018, compared to 2017...

Lets wait for the first Edge ship, but with her debut in fall 2018, she will not be participating in the first summer season...

Edited by shipfriend_max

Exactly! And this is a great thread to discuss what is currently merely speculation. However I am interested to hear anything factual about the Solstice reposition cruise to Europe via the Suez Canal!

And could it be possible an Edge class ship could be headed down under to replace her? Oh the mind, as per the rumour mill, is spinning!! [emoji16][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Exactly! And this is a great thread to discuss what is currently merely speculation. However I am interested to hear anything factual about the Solstice reposition cruise to Europe via the Suez Canal!

And could it be possible an Edge class ship could be headed down under to replace her? Oh the mind, as per the rumour mill, is spinning!! [emoji16][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will keep spinning until something official is announced or 2018 comes.

Perhaps Celebrity are just trying to offer a bit of variety to 'regular' cruisers. Solstice has been the ship for Australia and Eclipse the ship for England for ever! Perhaps a little swap with Reflection and Silhouette would give a little semblance of something different.

Re M class in the Med...The loss of Turkey has restricted the Med port selection. To offer variety perhaps they are looking at using the M class ships which could perhaps port more easily in alternative smaller Greek islands or places like Sardinia and Corsica....Whilst major ports like Rome and Venice always have appeal some new venues are always exciting!

My bet would be the new Edge ship homing in the Caribbean....

Indeed there seems to be a noticable shifting of some of X' ships.

Maybe Celebrity does not predict such a huge demand for Med in future, so for 2018 the line plans two M Class ships for the key itineraries in Med - in 2017, Reflection and Connie are the ships based in Med for such Med cruises, in 2018, Infinity and Connie seem to be - Reflection however, seems to get Southampton as new homeport, Solstice Amsterdam, but absolutely no idea for Sihouette. Maybe Harwich, or Hamburg (:D)??

But if really five ships should be deployed in Europe in 2018 and Equinox stays in Caribbean, than there's just two ships in Alaska in 2018 - Eclipse and Millie, what would make me wonder... :eek:

Edge for sure would not participate in the first summer season 2018, but Caribbean starting in fall 2018 seems to be most possible...

• 3 weeks later...

I have browsed the european cruise schedules again, with the result that Solstice does NOT APPEAR at any European cruise schedule for 2018 anymore.

Seems that Silhouette will sail from Amsterdam again, together with Reflection fom Southampton and Infinity and Constellation from different Med ports.

Apparently Solstice is due to return to Alaska, Millennium as well.

Eclipse is the big questionmark - maybe she will replace Infinity in Alaska??