How does Carnival insurance work

tkotis

Are cruise leaves this Friday and they just admitted my mom to the hospital this morning and she is pretty sick my sisters and I have 4 rooms booked we all purchased the insurance when we booked the vacation if we can't go what do we do?

you will have to call up carnival or read up on the policy. if you have cancel anytime coverage, you might get a refund

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/vacation-protection.aspx

Check the Link for your coverage. There's probably some interpretation here, so you'll have to contact the Insurer at their 800 number ASAP for their interpretation and you have to notify them as soon as you decide to cancel. You cannot cancel (or get insurance benefits, if you try to cancel after the cruise departs.

"... Carnival Cruise Line will ... refund to you IN CASH ... should you or your traveling companion need to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for ...

sickness, injury or death to yourself, a traveling companion, or members of either of your immediate families which is diagnosed and treated by a physician at the time your cruise vacation is terminated..."

At the worst, if you have to invoke the "Cancel for Any Reason" coverage, you'll get a 75% future cruise credit.

Ken

Edited by Ken076