Port of Call Change-Insurance Claim

MEME&JOE92

Look at my post # 31. I posted what they asked for. Also, I used gift cards which makes it a bit harder. But I was able to get my claim processes without the proof of payment. They called my PVP and she gave them the dates I paid and obviously they let me cruise, so obviously I was paid in full. Also, I was getting a predetermined payout ($750) not a reimbursement for monies paid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks ..

I'll get my PVP to screen shot or have a letter sent with payments made ... I don't know why they ask for that ... obviously if you didn't pay, you don't cruise.

I wonder if the CCL receipts that are emailed showing payments made and balance due or when it's PIF will suffice ... I'll just inundate them with all kinds of documentation ...

Wish I would have bought the luxury plan now ... that would have almost paid for our 14 day cruise next November ... but not going to complain about $750

Please do let me know if you get them to pay double. Thanks.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Hi ... this is not a double payment ... when you purchase the policy, it is for specific beneficiaries... it clearly states on the policy that policy payout is per policy

Set Sail With Nationwide Cruise Travel Insurance

Cruise vacations are special – whether it’s visiting new ports of call, lounging on a sun-splashed deck or sampling exotic cuisines. But what if something goes wrong?

Nationwide offers affordable and flexible cruise insurance plans that help keep you traveling smart. Get coverage for issues unique to cruises, such as:

Port Of Call Changes (Itinerary Change)

Provides a one-time benefit of up to $1250 per person for the inconvenience of an itinerary change by the cruise line prior to departure, as long as you go on the cruise.

Shipboard Service Disruptions (Itinerary Change Inconvenience Benefit)

A one-time benefit of up to $250 per person if the cruise line suffers a mechanical breakdown, fire, virus outbreak or other covered service disruption during your cruise causing the cruise to change.

Pre-Paid Excursion Reimbursement (Itinerary Change Pre-Paid Excursion Benefit)

A one-time benefit of up to $1000 per person for itinerary changes after the cruise departs causing you to cancel pre-paid non-refundable excursions.

Return Home Early (Interruption for Any Reason – Return Transport Benefit)

Reimburses transportation costs up to $1000 per person to return home if you elect to abandon your cruise and return home early.

I filed my claim with Narionwide last week for our itinerary change on the Harmony two weeks ago. We had to provide final folio or card to prove we took the cruise. Aka file after you get back from the cruise. Our coverage paid $750 per person, so I expect a check for $1500 within the next two weeks.

I filed my claim with Narionwide last week for our itinerary change on the Harmony two weeks ago. We had to provide final folio or card to prove we took the cruise. Aka file after you get back from the cruise. Our coverage paid $750 per person, so I expect a check for $1500 within the next two weeks.

Is the claim and form an online form or something that you have to print off and mail in?

I did look at what you showed which was a nice sales brochure. Now I would like to see your Certificate of Coverage. I know of no insurance company in the travel industry that will pay you money when you have absolutely no money lost.

Someone a a cruise Facebook page she had received $1200 before they cruised due to port changes. She had the posted policy. If you paid for change of port coverage, you should certainly collect on it.

Good point. They must think they are talking about making a claim right now which they can't for the Port Of Call change as you actually have to sail first. They may be able to process a claim for non refundable excursions now, I'm not sure and that might be what they are referring to.

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks ..

I'll get my PVP to screen shot or have a letter sent with payments made ... I don't know why they ask for that ... obviously if you didn't pay, you don't cruise.

I wonder if the CCL receipts that are emailed showing payments made and balance due or when it's PIF will suffice ... I'll just inundate them with all kinds of documentation ...

Wish I would have bought the luxury plan now ... that would have almost paid for our 14 day cruise next November ... but not going to complain about $750

So for this cruise (which I am also booked on 11/3/18) since some of the ports could be affected possibly next year, would this change of ports be covered under this insurance? I realize it's a long time away, but the ports were damaged in these past hurricanes so are they excluded because of that? Got me to thinking, since we usually wait till final payment to purchase our insurance. Any thoughts?

So for this cruise (which I am also booked on 11/3/18) since some of the ports could be affected possibly next year, would this change of ports be covered under this insurance? I realize it's a long time away, but the ports were damaged in these past hurricanes so are they excluded because of that? Got me to thinking, since we usually wait till final payment to purchase our insurance. Any thoughts?

That's a very good question and I don't know ... I do know that the ports will definitely be up and running by next November. But who's to say another storm doesn't cause us to change itineraries... from now on, I'm getting luxury for hurricane season and choice for all other times

That's a very good question and I don't know ... I do know that the ports will definitely be up and running by next November. But who's to say another storm doesn't cause us to change itineraries... from now on, I'm getting luxury for hurricane season and choice for all other times

Thanks for the input. We’ve had 2 cruises re-routed due to Hurricanes in October so we started going November-December instead. But think we will still go with the nationwide cruise choice regardless and see what happens next year. I agree that I think all ports should be okay by next year, but never know about next hurricane season. Can’t wait for this Journeys cruise next year (great itinerary) [emoji16]

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome! Thanks!

Ok, After we returned from our cruise, I emailed to Nationwide: Claim Form, Itinerary Change Letter from Carnival,Original Cruise Itinerary,Proof of cruise participation(FOLIO) and Proof of cruise payment. I received an email saying that they received my claim and would be hearing from them within 15 days. Today I received 2 checks for $1250 for a total of $2500.:D

I will be using Insuremytrip.com to purchase Nationwide Luxury Cruise policy for all my future cruises!

Thanks for keeping my hope up!

Ok, After we returned from our cruise, I emailed to Nationwide: Claim Form, Itinerary Change Letter from Carnival,Original Cruise Itinerary,Proof of cruise participation(FOLIO) and Proof of cruise payment. I received an email saying that they received my claim and would be hearing from them within 15 days. Today I received 2 checks for $1250 for a total of $2500.:D

I will be using Insuremytrip.com to purchase Nationwide Luxury Cruise policy for all my future cruises!

Thanks for keeping my hope up!

That's awesome. Congrats

• 3 months later...

We were on the NCL Breakaway out of NYC Jan. 5, 2018. Cruise was shortened one day due to winter storm Grayson. We lost overnight in Aruba prior to departure. Then during cruise lost half day in Aruba port all together. Just received email from Nationwide, will receive $750 pp for itinerary change prior plus $200pp for itinerary change during. So $1,900 total. Very pleased and will continue to purchase Nationwide in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

The "prior to departure" clause seems to eliminate any compensation if a port is skipped during the cruise, due to weather for example. Am I correct?
That's how I understand it also. The above example had their cruise shortened by a day for weather, so I guess that's a different event that is covered

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I'm beginning to think these policies are going to have tiered rates, based by season. Meaning policy will cost more during Hurricane season dates and winter storm season. It will still be a deal if you get a payout.....But I can see higher rates for certain times of year coming

I buy this sam every insurance for different months of the year and the premiums do not go up during hurricane season ... I have filed 2 claims so far ... November for intinerary change BEFORE departure date (doesn't matter what type of change or what caused it) and itinerary change AFTER departure (during the cruise) ... received $950 each

Second claim was for itinerary change AFTER departure date (same ports of call, just had to reverse them due to a medical emergency and the guest had to go to the hospital) ... $200 each reimbursement.

I will always buy Nationwide Cruise policies

There is currently no difference in premiums between seasons (hurricane or other). Premiums are based upon other factors, and age is a big one. My husband turned 65 in December and it increased the amount we pay for his premium, while mine is the same. Nationwide has good policies but there are other companies you can purchase through “insure my trip” also.

There is currently no difference in premiums between seasons (hurricane or other). Premiums are based upon other factors, and age is a big one. My husband turned 65 in December and it increased the amount we pay for his premium, while mine is the same. Nationwide has good policies but there are other companies you can purchase through “insure my trip” also.

Yes, age and amount .. when I turned 50, the premium jumped too ... but like the payoutswhen pur itinerary changes

Give it time.... It will happen. Once they analyze their claim payouts and reasons why...adjustments will be made. No different then any other type of insurance policy. They may not go to seasonal adjustments...but rates will rise. Or certain exclusions will be added and/or the amount payed out reduced. etc. It's still a good deal especially if they maintain the "missed/cancelled port" coverage

I buy this sam every insurance for different months of the year and the premiums do not go up during hurricane season ... I have filed 2 claims so far ... November for intinerary change BEFORE departure date (doesn't matter what type of change or what caused it) and itinerary change AFTER departure (during the cruise) ... received $950 each

Second claim was for itinerary change AFTER departure date (same ports of call, just had to reverse them due to a medical emergency and the guest had to go to the hospital) ... $200 each reimbursement.

I will always buy Nationwide Cruise policies

I notice the after departure change was not weather related.

From reading it, I think an after departure skipping of port because of weather would not be covered. Can anyone confirm this one way or another?

I notice the after departure change was not weather related.

From reading it' date=' I think an after departure skipping of port because of weather would not be covered. Can anyone confirm this one way or another?

It doesn't matter why the itinerary changed ... it pays because of a change ... I am confirming it ... just got 2 checks for $200 each when our ports were flipped