So--What WAS Christmas Day like aboard ship?

SLSD

Ship nicely decorated but not quite as lavish as I’ve seen onboard in previous years.

Santa visited at 10am, there are a few kids onbiard. Poolside Mimosas for the adults to greet his arrival.

Turkey with some traditional trimmings as part of a special 6 course dinner in MDR.

Entertainment last night was the Evening with Sir Tim Rice show, very well attended.

Christmas Eve there was a themed show in the evening, carol singing during sailaway.

Today we’re enjoying Caviar in the Surf and beach bbq

I love Christmas on Seabourn!

Woke up and opened a couple of presents. Up for breakfast, Santa arrived 10.00am, poolside with friends, Christmas Trivia noon, galley lunch, bridge tour, massage, pre dinner comedy show, drinks in the Observation lounge, chef's dinner, Tim Rice show, fun & dancing in the club with the one man bundle of energy that is Ross Roberts.

Coffee on the back deck of 7 and a few other bits thrown in. A couple of gifts waiting in the suite from Seabourn when we turned in.

Chilling on the beach today, lobster, jet ski, sun bathe, chat with friends.

Henry :)

I forgot to mention that we had the Galley Market lunch too yesterday, they began serving at 1130am so called it Brunch. We skipped it as one of us has a bad case of “kennel” cough. A lengthy health advisory note was left in the suite the evening previously. Sorry to have missed it but very glad that it’s back.

I spotted the Sojourn in St Kitts today from my house in Nevis (half way up Nevis Peak on the Montpelier estate). Yesterday the Odyssey was in port in St Kitts. Hope you all are enjoying spending Christmas with Seabourn. We also have the Crystal Esprit in Nevis today (looks very small to me).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like the Sojourn left port in St Kitts tonight en route to Antigua and now it seems to be returning? I can see the ship out in the distance heading back towards St Kitts. MarineTraffic.com also shows the same. Can anyone on board report?

Looks like the Sojourn left port in St Kitts tonight en route to Antigua and now it seems to be returning? I can see the ship out in the distance heading back towards St Kitts. MarineTraffic.com also shows the same. Can anyone on board report?

Looks like the ship has changed course to sail north around St Kitts instead of south around Nevis to go to Antigua. Not sure why?

This brings back memories of being “stuck” in St Kitts last New Year’s Eve on Azamara. We stayed in port to watch the NYE fireworks and after, they could not get us off the dock due to winds. We had to stay overnight and miss the next port!

Looking forward to Nevis in two days and then St Kitts on NYE again this year on Odyssey!

We’re now in Antigua per itinerary!

SLSD asked about cruises other than the Caribbean at Christmas. We did Cape Town to Cape Town a few years ago and also Fort Lauderdale to LA the following year. Although we crossed the Caribbean to get to the Panama Canal we didn’t stop at any of the usual Caribbean islands. Our stops were the San Blas Islands and Cartagena, Colombia. The remainder of the cruise was all on the Pacific side.

Christmas onboard in my experience is similar irrespective of itinerary.

This brings back memories of being “stuck” in St Kitts last New Year’s Eve on Azamara. We stayed in port to watch the NYE fireworks and after, they could not get us off the dock due to winds. We had to stay overnight and miss the next port!

Looking forward to Nevis in two days and then St Kitts on NYE again this year on Odyssey!

We’re in Nevis on NYE although we leave at 4pm. It would be fun if the two ships pass one another. What time do you leave? We’ll be heading north to Puerto Rico when we leave Nevis.

We’re in Nevis on NYE although we leave at 4pm. It would be fun if the two ships pass one another. What time do you leave? We’ll be heading north to Puerto Rico when we leave Nevis.

We leave St Kitts at 5 pm and are southbound for Martinique. We have a sea day on 1/1 though.

I know St Kitts/Nevis has fireworks for NYE. Last year the game plan was to get off the dock and then stay out in the harbor until midnight to watch the fireworks.

On the Quest (on the way to Punta Arenas, Chile) the Christmas activities happened on 12/24, a sea day. We had passenger and some crew caroling at 6:30 PM on Deck 5 and a “Quest Family Christmas Party” at 9:45 PM on Deck 6. The theatre’s stage had been transformed into a decorated holiday home. CD Jan was onstage and pretended that she was hosting a party at her house. The doorbell would ring and it would be the production singers and they sang. Then it would ring again and the guest flautist showed up and played her flute, etc., etc. Santa ended the guest list. It was VERY well done considering it wasn’t rehearsed. All of the passengers seemed to really enjoy it.

At 12/24 turndown service we received a Moulton Brown “ornament” filled with bubble bath (I think) and a ~4” square “tray” that depicted Seabourn Sojourn. A plate of Christmas cookies, a candy cane and a chocolate Santa was also left in our room. There were also gingerbread houses in front of The Restaurant, Colonnade and at Seabourn Square and each of these displays had various Christmas cookies for guests to take whenever. Midnight Mass was at 11:15 PM.

12/25 was also a sea day but other than Mass at 5:15 PM it didn’t really have a Christmas feel to it since it all happened on 12/24. 12/25 was a formal night and the Colonnade served turkey with all the trimmings family style (but no reservation required).

Not our first time on-board over Christmas / New Years but different from last time as opposite climate so not going to have the same outdoor events as warm weather cruises will. To answer your question: Seabourn always meets and often exceeds my expectations otherwise we would not have over 300 days sailing with them.

The great thing about Christmas or Thanksgiving on board Seabourn is you miss those annoying family members that you have managed to avoid for the rest of the year.

Oh, and when we did Thanksgiving on board Odyssey some years ago, the dinner was outstanding and we didn't have to eat leftovers for the next few days. Result!

We leave St Kitts at 5 pm and are southbound for Martinique. We have a sea day on 1/1 though.

I know St Kitts/Nevis has fireworks for NYE. Last year the game plan was to get off the dock and then stay out in the harbor until midnight to watch the fireworks.

The Four Seasons will have the largest fireworks display for NYE on Nevis and you should see it from the ship. Not sure about other fireworks. We may choose to do the beach party that The Montpelier Plantation Inn puts on which is next to the Fours Seasons so we will wave to you all from the beach!