Would you call in for a $10 price drop?

mkcurran

When I booked I did it over the phone and was told that the price protection is automatic so I shouldn't have to do anything right?

No. You automatically have price protection, but you have to request price drops/OBC. They will not automatically credit those to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you call in and bother with a $10 price drop? All other promotions remain the same.

Also final payment is a week away, will the price drop more if they are dropping it now?

Well I called in to my TA for a $40 price drop on our sailing today but since we made final payment already....no dice. We already have some OBC, but couldn't get that extended anymore.

Would you call in and bother with a $10 price drop? All other promotions remain the same.

Also final payment is a week away, will the price drop more if they are dropping it now?

Not worth my time.

Must be nice for those who don't mind throwing money away. So many people don't even make $10 as an hourly wage. It literally takes 2 minutes to fill out the price protection form online.

And like others have said, sometimes there are other advantages. Yesterday I called in for a small price drop and I was able to move my cabin to a higher deck, plus the price adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I called in to my TA for a $40 price drop on our sailing today but since we made final payment already....no dice. We already have some OBC, but couldn't get that extended anymore.

That's your TA, not Carnival. If you booked any rate other than ES, you are entitled to price drops until final payment date, with ES you are entitled price drops until 2 days before sailing, no matter how much OBC you have accumulated.

Both times recently when I have applied for a small price drop, when I got my reply they gave me significantly more than I applied for. Glad I didn't pass on the small price drop.

Same for us! I recently submitted the price drop form for a $20 drop and was given significantly more - so much that I had to call Carnival to say I thought they'd made a mistake and given us the drop for an interior cabin (vs. the balcony that we're in). Two reps confirmed the amount and told us to take what we were given. The amount is on our check-in docs, so we've got printed confirmation in case anything is amiss when we board in a few weeks. Glad we didn't pass on a small price drop either!

Yeah that’s silly that it’s not worth your time. U literally fill out a short form and click submit. Mine was initially for 67 and it came back at 77. I’ll do it with every drop and will nickel and dime them back.

Anytime you reopen a booking, Carnival will reprice the whole thing, including taxes, port fees, etc. Make sure any price drops aren't offset by price increases somewhere else.

I was just going to say this! I would absolutely call in for ANY price drop, no matter how small. However, make sure you verify whether any taxes and fees have changed since you originally booked. I called in for a $50 price reduction but the taxes and fees had changed so I only netted $20. Still worth it to me but I hadn't realized that could happen.

I did a mock booking on my current sailing last night, it went down $50.00 and then I was able to get the 50$ shipboard credit too. I’m still under deposit, which was reduced deposit too and so is this current promo......final payment isn’t till March, so it all worked .

I didn’t have to fill out a price protection form though. I just called Carnival directly and the agent made the adjustments and sent me an email confirmation with the adjustment and credit. I don’t know if they do it both ways by calling vs. filling the form out? This is the 1st time I’ve ever had success with a lower rate on a Carnival booking. Glad it was just a 10 min phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a question about the mock booking. what if I can't do a mock booking because I got a room that is limited in number? I booked a porthole room. when I do a mock booking, there are none available. should I be looking at an ocean view room to see if it is comparable?

I have a question about the mock booking. what if I can't do a mock booking because I got a room that is limited in number? I booked a porthole room. when I do a mock booking, there are none available. should I be looking at an ocean view room to see if it is comparable?

If you do a mock booking it should be the same category, but you maybe able to find a better price for a different category if the rates dropped. You may try calling Carnival directly if you booked directly through Carnival and ask the agent to try and reprice it your current booking.

When I first read this thread a couple of days ago, I thought to myself “I absolutely would! Done it many times before” I didn’t post anything and move on.

As luck would have it, last night, I was on the phone for 1 hour 15 mins trying to get a $80 adjustment. I wanted to claw my eyeballs out. But every issue was thrown out... the price didnt drop.... the price dropped, but not on my cabin category... ok, the price dropped for my category, the my rate wasn’t applicable (it absolutely was)... one thing after the next. Eventually, it all worked out.

Now, if someone asked me the same question about $10, I’d say “No flippin way!”

When I first read this thread a couple of days ago, I thought to myself “I absolutely would! Done it many times before” I didn’t post anything and move on.

As luck would have it, last night, I was on the phone for 1 hour 15 mins trying to get a $80 adjustment. I wanted to claw my eyeballs out. But every issue was thrown out... the price didnt drop.... the price dropped, but not on my cabin category... ok, the price dropped for my category, the my rate wasn’t applicable (it absolutely was)... one thing after the next. Eventually, it all worked out.

Now, if someone asked me the same question about $10, I’d say “No flippin way!”

Next time fill out the form yourself rather than calling and spending that much time on the phone.

I submitted a price protection form last night, it literally took less than 30 seconds to fill out and I had the response within 15 minutes that they had adjusted my price and gave me $50obc