Live Machu Picchu (pre cruise), Mariner Lima to Buenos Aires 23 Jan -13 February

WesW

I was surprised to see such calm seas in your photos, hope they continue. Wonder about what to bring, see you had clothes for warm weather and cool too. Any need for really warm,winter type...or just layers?

Am impressed by your physical stamina and enjoy hearing about all the things you do. Not quite up to 5 mil mountain climb,haha.

It was the O ship Marina that also had noro probs, not only the Mariner.Seems like very common,sadly.

Leave for that ship on Sunday,for Tahiti cruise,hoping all is clear by then.

Well if you close off the bathroom doors, what are people supposed to do? :eek: I think we are all potty trained. Maybe instead of fashion police we should have hygiene police.

The main bathroom doors are kept open. So we can not touch the handle. But as if this afternoon we can serve ourselves food in cofffe bar and tea snacks. Guess what they can serve me food from both and buffet. But I want the bathroom doors closed. I do nit touch handles without a cloth and will stay clean that way.

Spent last night drinking and having a lovely dinner on deck 6. Then a stop in to hear band. Tonight will be Stars.

Tonight I ordered my normal pre dinner drink

Waiter said with three ice cubes

Eight minutes later went to bar and said where is my drink

Finalky after three songs i walked away with my drink and water

Seems the waiter took to many orders and blew mine off

Switch to Olga who never forgets

Spent last night drinking and having a lovely dinner on deck 6. Then a stop in to hear band. Tonight will be Stars.

Whilst you can drink anywhere on the Mariner, the only dining venue on Deck 6 is Signatures. How is it? Would love to hear your thoughts. Also glad that you are combating the Code Red with alcohol. Alcohol kills germs:rolleyes:.

Whilst you can drink anywhere on the Mariner, the only dining venue on Deck 6 is Signatures. How is it? Would love to hear your thoughts. Also glad that you are combating the Code Red with alcohol. Alcohol kills germs:rolleyes:.

Figure booze kills germs

Dinner was in Signaures

Company was great but forgot a vourse yet again

Findinf staff can not remember mushtooms soups or pate

They need to go back to paper

One bar waiter forgot my drink on deck six

You take an order serve it and bring next one

Had to track it down

Service gets worse daily but the kitchen serves the cortect dishes

We are about an hour away from docking at Puerto Madryn. This Argentian city is located in the bay of Golfo Nuevo and is about 650 miles southwest of Buenos Aires. Founded in 1865 Puerto Madryn has nearly 100,000 residents. It’s sandy beaches and restaurant-lined promenade set the scent as one of the most vibrant cities in northern Patagonia.

Ida and I will explore this unique beachfront city by foot early this afternoon.

Last nite we met with two other couples in the Regent Seven Seas Mariner Horizon Lounge for a coming out party from our Code Red (we have had a number of novovirus or G.I. Cases on board and for the last 12 days we have not been able to serve ourselves (coffee, use salt & Pepper with out being served, or get snacks in the bars) so we ordered room service and brought our own snacks for pre dinner cocktails.

Please enjoy a few photos, Jen was celebrating his birthday so the lounge singer Shetland came over while singing happy birthday.

Ida and I then headed to Setti Mari (Seven Seas) the Italian themed restaurant on board for yet another outstanding dinner. We were entertained by one of the most beautiful sunsets we have seen.

We then went to the ship’s theater to be entertained by the Mariner Production team’s production of “blazing boots.”

Look forward to exploring Puerto Madryn this afternoon and then we have dinner with the General Manager, Michael in Compass Rose. Tomorrow look forward (after Code Red) to be able to interview another galley team member who prepares our delish meals

a1ccc44b45a988bf96740903e81a25e4.jpg

4b5abab535cb7a48197f8fe88d3f748e.jpg

1a35007077fcbf1414a5e464a1f540e8.jpg

5c70697f8111c25eafb7632620ab92b9.jpg

f4e23ea91f09c4202d8ccee2eca72cce.jpg

1b872920e33df0c7fa96560ff626e4e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good Morning (just a few hours away) from Punta del Este, Uruguay.

“Punta del Este is a city and poplular resort and has a year-round population of about 10,000. This city. Is renown as the St. Tropez of South American with its fine beaches, beautiful seaside homes, yacht harbor, restaurants, and where celebrity watchers are not often disappointed.”

Today, we will enjoy a bike riding ship’s excursion in Punta del Este. Meanwhile...

Yesterday at lunch we enjoyed a fabulous Seafood Extravaganza buffet and then were entertained by a creative ice carving demonstration.

Last nite we were moved (as usual) by the exceptional talents of Regent Seven Seas Mariner crew as they performed for us in their Krew Kapers show. The Mariner staff was then presented on the constellation theater stage by Paul our Cruise Director as guests greeted each introduction with loud applause.

Marc, Arlene and Ida and I then headed for the main restaurant to enjoy Beef Wellington and the most delicious desert Ida and I have every tasted, Gateau Salted Caremel St. Honore cake.

We then adjourned to the Horizon Lounge for dancing, another wonderful evening on the Mariner while at sea.

9040128fd11f31ec357a80c6f7ffcf3d.jpg

f2700076a4696bafdf5a9eb396332e97.jpg

bda9e766b132d1f2dc2814b25961e1c8.jpg

9a2a50c26021acf9164f69618e70015c.jpg

e7826513c4800b7b6fbb9a4028631252.jpg

34660de7e36d433809945dabe2d12acc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prime 7 my favorite resturant on ship due to all the seafood and veggies sides

Signstures is good but when you forget food then it is the waiters fault not kitchen

Did two museums and now relaxing wirh pizza and beer in town

Will be back next week in this port so might need to eat here or near dock as they have seafood there

Tomorrow is a Jewish tour in Montevideo by car.

Just finished an absolutely fantastic meal in Prime 7. Jamal, Gede, Sherilyn, and Criscel provided impeccable service. Each course arrived right when it should. Best prime rib I have had in a while (actually since I left Voyager). Wonderful soup and salad along with great veggies. An amazing dinner.

Now Inna taking care of me in Horizon Lounge.

Life is good!

Just finished an absolutely fantastic meal in Prime 7. Jamal, Gede, Sherilyn, and Criscel provided impeccable service. Each course arrived right when it should. Best prime rib I have had in a while (actually since I left Voyager). Wonderful soup and salad along with great veggies. An amazing dinner.

Now Inna taking care of me in Horizon Lounge.

Life is good!

Dancing tonight was fun in there

As Marq and Ellbon relate above the Horizon Lounge also our go to spot for wonderfully well made drinks by Inna and dancing to Svelana and Jonas.

We enjoyed a terrific biking excursion yesterday afternoon in Punta Del Este. Although we had been here previously with Silversea (then a Sunday and closed) we got to see a vibrant island with residents enjoying the sunny afternoon on the beaches.

Please enjoy some photos of Ida and I enjoying this excursion below. Last photo is the typical tourist photo straddling the anchor while you touch the Silver River on the Left and the Atlantic Ocean on the right.

Today is another biking tour in Montevideo, Uruguay this afternoon. It is also packing day for us as we depart tomorrow evening from Buenos Aires. Michael the GM is also on the same Delta flight we are on, Franck Galzy arrives to replace Michael as GM tomorrow. Franck will finish the South America Grand Voyage and then steer the Mariner through its planned refurbishment

Tonight is Beatles night in the Atrium!

9a5027c5bc6dce298ae258458cb90e01.jpg

ab32a5b0ebbddf0efc529730f33b8a54.jpg

f8d51edb31c7525f09edcfc4d21e7c67.jpg

50c3905e4fee30dfcee703dd5c7c59ef.jpg

a3594339456c07b59cf913d3ce7cd12e.jpg

Edited by WesW

Wes and Ida agreeing here with Gilly. The blog has been wonderful and it’s too soon for it to end for us.

As always you put such energy and fun into everything and it shows in the photographs.

With your blog and Mr Rumour/Forgap and Crissys world cruise blog the past few weeks have been great for us all at home. It’s not going to be the same now.

Hurry back! Have a great last day and evening and safe travels. Thanks, Jean.

Gilly; in reality Ida is packing as she sent me out solo for biking in Montevideo. She had minor fall and some road rash in yesterday’s Punta del Este bike trip—so she is resting her banged up knee today. Alas, time flies when your cruising and you are very welcome.

liptastic/Jean; happy to be part of the live blogs—really makes the Regent cruise critic board pop and fun to read. Will be back in mid December again on the “refurbed” Mariner with Marc & Arlene too.

Oh, poor Ida's knee....I quite understand why she stayed back to pack. Hope there's no lasting damage and you take home more enjoyable souvenirs of your trip. You are right that the time flies when cruising - it seems like only yesterday that you were chatting about preparing for MP.... Thankfully, the memories last a good deal longer :cool:

Gilly, Flossie009, Cruisluv, WishIwerecruising, RachelG; Thanks very much for well wishes for Ida’s bike falll yesterday—she is removing nicely.

Enjoyed another fabulous bike ride in Uruguay, today in Montevideo.

Please enjoy some photos showing the two central city plaza’s. We next headed for the Ramblas (beachfront promenade made of 25km of pink granite (perfect for bike riding).

We passed wonderful beaches, Uruguay’s Holocaust memorial, and even a local having Uruguay’s national drink Matte. We also passed the father of Uruguay’s (Francisco Paris) 19th century unique castle.

eb573b3059dc1238ebb05fed8421cf8c.jpg

110ae231bcfe38074ffc121142fcbaf9.jpg

fa9cc6e2f916fc9630fe86e16fdea269.jpg

6828fdf08409494accfd89a5eaa38fe5.jpg

39556d90aef00ba99432eb54fcb3f201.jpg

622b0735096869e1252d976fefe06a20.jpg

You’re very welcome Bellaggio Cruisers/Sheila.

Good Monday Morning as we near our last port for this cruise Buenos Aires. We will enjoy a Tango Master Class this morning before having our last leisurely lunch on board then transfer to the airport for our flight home to Atlanta.

First, enjoy a few photos from last nite’s (yet again) beautiful sunset taken on the aft (rear) deck of the Regent Seven Seas Mariner with friends Diddie and Susie.

We then had a wonderful dinner in Prime 7 paired with multiple bottles of Mass Cosatera Amarone (thanks Diddie).

Then we headed to the atrium of the Mariner (Decks 5,6,7) for the renown Beatles nite for guests who enjoyed very enthusiastic singing

72e0ab0256f623d825250b803c31b93e.jpg

2b371644f439b8b1705ea8528eb62f3e.jpg

a526ca0547fb198dae7f9aade108ac91.jpg

8675269acf96bf9492887912e3a09860.jpg

addf3f54922ca407ade7fad71742bc11.jpg

Fantastic, Wes - knew you two would be up for the Tango Masterclass! Have fun and good to know Ida's knee is healing nicely.

The bike ride looked like fun, too. (

Hehe, I guessed you'd not be heading for the Manos knitting yarn shop in Montevideo as I did ;p )